WR Chase Claypool for a 5th?

diamonddelts

Reaction score
I would like to see more of Tolbert. Today even.

Personally, I'm more concerned about corner. I like Bland. Don't get me wrong. Just want that top-notch corner.

It'll be interesting seeing how Gilmore plays against his old team, as well as Zeke.
Heil Fuhrer

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No, but they don't even have a 4th or 5th this year. They will get two comp picks. Looks like a 5th and a 6th since it doesn't look like Schultz will make his incentives. But they haven't been awarded to them yet.
I don't think it's worth a 5th; although, the Cowboys are struggling in the red zone and Claypool in his rookie season had 9 TDs on 64 catches. That's impressive considering CeeDee had 9 on 107 catches last season.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
You haven't been paying attention all these years if you think that applies to me...
I don't pay attention to your particular posts but it's borderline ******** to think Claypool is worth even a 7th

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
6-4, 238, 4.42 forty, 40.5" vert

Last season the Bears traded a 2nd to the Steelers for Chase Claypool. Now they're going to make him inactive due to conflict with the coaches.

Media reports say the Bears would take a 5th for him.

Originally a 2nd round pick in 2020.

Due 14/17ths of 2.99M salary.
Way to go he's so good we should make a trade for him, why are you even asking this, you're wrong for this, you don't deserve to ask this kind of question!!! (Sound familiar??!) Lol

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
well when you're thinking out loud change your thought process the fact that Trey Lance was on a much better more complete team on the verge of Super Bowls when you have the bears who are train wreck trying to get talent in there and they're finally trying to but you can't fault the guys record up to this point because I don't think they put all the pieces together yet,,... So as much as it's nice to think about maybe we got Trey Lance who's a better quarterback than Justin fields sitting there at #3 I might pull back the reins a little bit on that thought process.... I mean if you want some examples maybe Justin fields going to need some time or a different team because Chicago's never had great wide receivers hardly any great offensive players especially on the offensive lines etc
I mean look at some of the other quarterbacks like recently Gino Smith you know goes to a different team a decade later and he's playing very well real solid starter now I mean sometimes you get put in a bad situation and you have a Justin field to needs a little more time to grow but when there was not a lot of support his first two seasons I say that's more of Chicago in the GM and the coaches and what not..
Those were my thoughts just based on watching both of them play. I reviewed all 4 of Trey Lance's NFL starts and I've seen several Bear's games with Justin Fields.

I just posted the stats for reference.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Way to go he's so good we should make a trade for him, why are you even asking this, you're wrong for this, you don't deserve to ask this kind of question!!! (Sound familiar??!) Lol
I don't have 5 threads on the 1st page of CownoysZone...

Also, if you read the entire thread, you'll see that I said I wouldn't trade a 5th for him...

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I’m think Dallas should make a all in move for Surtain..

See if Denver would give him up.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Dallas' picks in the 2024 draft right now: a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 7th.

They can't give any more away. They need to find a way to get more.

shabazz

Reaction score

Last season the Bears traded a 2nd to the Steelers for Chase Claypool. Now they're going to make him inactive due to conflict with the coaches.

I would literally take Jeffery Dahmer reincarnate if he could help get our team over the hump.

When it comes to the Cowboys getting to the SB, shame, pride, and scruples has completely left me when it comes to personnel.

Motorola

Reaction score

1st 3 seasons - 49 games, 32 starts
171 receptions, 2235 yards = 13.1 yards per catch
103 receptions resulted in 1st downs, 13 catches for TDs

meh