Twitter: WR coach Sanjay Lal: Being able to hit those deep balls in games is going to change everything

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Gotta have a trigger man who can get it done Dooms. 100% right, right there. When Dak can do that, then he's worth the 30 Million everybody wants to give him now.

I understand I also understand the dilemma of the pay scale of the NFL QB position, I think there are several making around that number who I don't think deserve it but it is the rate at which the position is paid. I would hope we can get it done for less than 30 mill, we will see. Myself I do think Dak will continue to grow and develop as a QB so if it where my call to make I would take the gamble on Dak.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Better to bring Daryle Lamonica in. He's the reason I became a Raiders fan. I remember an interview with Crazy Al when he was asked why he kept getting all of these speed WR's. He said "I'm just trying to find one that Daryle can't overthrow". Which reminded me of Aikman's line when he got Galloway, he said he couldn't overthrow him, he was that fast.
Aleays wanted to see the Boysand Raiders in the SB back then Landry Vs Madden

DandyDon52

Reaction score
The key to that was Turner's ability to make the D pay for whichever way they wanted to go. 8 in the box, he'd make them pay and they'd back out and then he'd run it but he would also not allow the DC to dictate his play calling and would still call the run with 8 or even 9 in the box and that's when Emmitt would get his longest runs.

I had hope for Linehan in 2014 because he did the same thing with Murray and that's a how a straight line power runner broke some big plays. But then 2015 happened and wheels just came off.
The wheels came off due to jones boys paying crawford, but not Murray.
I knew that was a mistake.
Thing is in the coaches minds losing Murray would be like losing elliot right now.
The inclination would be to change things, more passing etc, and that is what got romo hurt in phil game.
If Jones boys had paid Murray, I think the team might have gone on to a SB, not because Murray was that good,
but because they would have ran the same offense over again, and probably romo doesnt get hurt.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
The wheels came off due to jones boys paying crawford, but not Murray.
I knew that was a mistake.
Thing is in the coaches minds losing Murray would be like losing elliot right now.
The inclination would be to change things, more passing etc, and that is what got romo hurt in phil game.
If Jones boys had paid Murray, I think the team might have gone on to a SB, not because Murray was that good,
but because they would have ran the same offense over again, and probably romo doesnt get hurt.

I agree but I also knew that Murray has a injury history that I think played a part, in 4 season he played 16 games 1 season missing a total of 11 games in the other seasons.

morat1959

Reaction score
Jason Garret was also quoted as saying that being able to score more points than the other team can potentially lead to more victories
On my! This is what we have for a head coach!

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Yeah is was a pick your poison proposition for defense. You had to focus on Emmitt or he would run over you all day but as soon as you started keying on him you had Aikman/Irvin and other weapons you had to contend with
Aikmans favorite receiver was actually Jay Novachek, not irving.
Troy had 2 # 1's out wide, harper and irving, great TE in Novachek, then Emmitt who was great runner, but also they used that swing pass to emmitt
very good too. And he would often surprise D by throwing to Johnston.

Aikman used to miss on his deep throws too, but in big/or playoff games he tended to play and throw better than usual , and I think that is why he has 3 rings.

However if you look at troy in the 91 playoff game in detroit, he looks worse than dak.
Both he and buerline overthrew open guys on deep routes.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Troy had 2 # 1's out wide, harper and irving, great TE in Novachek, then Emmitt who was great runner, but also they used that swing pass to emmitt

Aikman used to miss on his deep throws too, but in big/or playoff games he tended to play and throw better than usual , and I think that is why he has 3 rings.

However if you look at troy in the 91 playoff game in detroit, he looks worse than dak.

Jay was a big part but Irvin receptions total are far higher that Novachek including 7 season of 1,000 plus yards. Irvin was the main target by far

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
"Being able to hit those deep balls in games is going to change everything if we're able to do that."
Oh, so "that's" the problem. lol
Wow.. Way to sum it all up Captain Obvious..
*succinctly, Too!*,,,o_O

:lmao::lmao2::lmao:
Ya know? If Dak & Co. aren't rifling a fistful of 50+ aerial connect yarders every time their out there girded up in practice, to slice off some thick bank account bacon,, this is just another porridge bowl of that 1930's era baby food pablum fill good filler B.S. ,,that don't do or mean s*** o_O

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I understand I also understand the dilemma of the pay scale of the NFL QB position, I think there are several making around that number who I don't think deserve it but it is the rate at which the position is paid. I would hope we can get it done for less than 30 mill, we will see. Myself I do think Dak will continue to grow and develop as a QB so if it where my call to make I would take the gamble on Dak.

I make it a point never to gamble with another man's money so I would never do it. When he is worth it, he should get paid that. Otherwise, what incentive does any player have to become great? What pushes a player to greater heights, to become more then just what the base talent allows for? No, he's not worth that to me until he proves he is. I don't buy into the whole, "That's the going rate" line of thought but whatever, I'm not making the decision.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I make it a point never to gamble with another man's money so I would never do it. When he is worth it, he should get paid that. Otherwise, what incentive does any player have to become great? What pushes a player to greater heights, to become more then just what the base talent allows for? No, he's not worth that to me until he proves he is. I don't buy into the whole, "That's the going rate" line of thought but whatever, I'm not making the decision.

I think most contracts are a gamble and it is the Jones money and they too seem to be willing to take the gamble with their money. If Dak has a big year would he then deserve more than the 30 mill? It is the rate for QB regardless if you agree with it or not, just look at the contracts out there, the players agents sure as heck look at it as does the player and as does the teams.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I think most contracts are a gamble and it is the Jones money and they too seem to be willing to take the gamble with their money. If Dak has a big year would he then deserve more than the 30 mill? It is the rate for QB regardless if you agree with it or not, just look at the contracts out there, the players agents sure as heck look at it as does the player and as does the teams.

I think there is always risk involved in any deal but I would not agree with gambling on what should be the face of your franchise. Either he is or he isn't and if he isn't, you don't pay him like he is. You find out and you pay him whatever it takes to keep him if he is or, you move on and find the face of your franchise.

That's just how I see it.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I think there is always risk involved in any deal but I would not agree with gambling on what should be the face of your franchise. Either he is or he isn't and if he isn't, you don't pay him like he is. You find out and you pay him whatever it takes to keep him if he is or, you move on and find the face of your franchise.

He has helped this team to the NFC East 2 out of 3 years, he has much to learn but he has also shown himself as a winner and a guy who works hard at improving. Dallas either pays him or lets him walk. I have seen piss poor QB play on this franchise and I sure as hell do not want to go backwards

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score

*Rock Solid Sound Wisdom in anybody's bean count book*

:starspin::thumbup::starspin:

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
He has helped this team to the NFC East 2 out of 3 years, he has much to learn but he has also shown himself as a winner and a guy who works hard at improving. Dallas either pays him or lets him walk. I have seen piss poor QB play on this franchise and I sure as hell do not want to go backwards

That doesn't sound like a guy who won two out of three Championships and that's what the game is about. It's about winning at the end and all the rest is what happens leading up to that moment, to me. Doesn't even sound like two NFC Championships or even getting to two straight NFC Championship Games. I'm sorry, I just don't see the value as yet. As to the whole "Pay him or let him walk", that's not true and you know this Dooms. The Cowboys can easily franchise him. Heck, we really only need another year or so to know IMO. He has another year left on his contract so we could easily Franchise him and negotiate a deal with him if we wanted to. I'm not against paying him early if there is a good reason to do it but I'm not for overpaying, which at this point, is what 30 Million is, to me. It is what it is, we don't agree.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
That doesn't sound like a guy who won two out of three Championships and that's what the game is about. It's about winning at the end and all the rest is what happens leading up to that moment, to me. Doesn't even sound like two NFC Championships or even getting to two straight NFC Championship Games. I'm sorry, I just don't see the value as yet. As to the whole "Pay him or let him walk", that's not true and you know this Dooms. The Cowboys can easily franchise him. Heck, we really only need another year or so to know IMO. He has another year left on his contract so we could easily Franchise him and negotiate a deal with him if we wanted to. I'm not against paying him early if there is a good reason to do it but I'm not for overpaying, which at this point, is what 30 Million is, to me. It is what it is, we don't agree.

If you franchise him your looking at over 30 mill on the year. I think Cowboys can do a contract and structure it in a way that gives him some security and the Cowboys an out. SF did it with Jimmy Garoppolo, a QB who has done nothing so far and yet is making $27,500,000 a year but SF also gives themselves a bit of an out in how the deal is structured.

Hook'em#11

Reaction score

IRVIN!! For crying out loud. Google 90's Cowboys and get some education. But, yes. Novachek was a favorite for Aikman.