WR Dennis Houston working with first team

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Rewind to the first half of 2018/2019 if you want to know what it's going to look like with Lamb and an UDFA as our starters. Dak has shown, for years, that he can't carry the burden.

Add to that the fact that Zeke is worn down. Come on. I understand wanting to be positive, but you also have to be realistic.

Dak Can’t carry the burden of what exactly?

tyke1doe

Reaction score
cobb got much more from the next team than he did from us.
I know. But I doubt that was because of Dak. I contend it was because of Rogers. Do you really think when Houston signed him, they based it on his play with the Cowboys or the Packers?

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
We have our TurpinTime now, and he might be our Dave Meggett.

Exactly, and that's an example of a quietly smart move imo. Sifting through other leagues and maybe finding a quietly good player.

Love the term they used on ESPN this morning. “Untrained eye”.

that’s exactly what these guys have.

Exactly. Just because it's not a big name doesn't mean he's not worth trying with the 1st teams. All greats have a starting point, and maybe this is where we discover a solid player.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Rewind to the first half of 2018/2019 if you want to know what it's going to look like with Lamb and an UDFA as our starters. Dak has shown, for years, that he can't carry the burden.

Add to that the fact that Zeke is worn down. Come on. I understand wanting to be positive, but you also have to be realistic.
Dak has a role
Zeke has a role
This offense needs that speed element that can blend in, and make the entire offense better.
How long have I been sounding off for RB3, but I can accept a Turbo in Turpin @wr if he can be that threat with the ball in his hands.

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He has a superstar in lamb. And a top 5 pass catching te.

Your like a little kid that thinks he knows football.

Am I the only one who sees the irony in someone claiming other people don't know football, all while said person claims that Dalton Schultz is a top 5 TE.
:laugh:

phildadon86

Reaction score
Why didn't Dak do that with Brice Butler or Allen Hurns or Lance Lenoir or any of the other scrubs he's played with?

Viewing this team with rose colored glasses leads to nothing but disappointment. It's not being a hater to acknowledge that Dak needs a ton of talent around him to be successful.
Brice Butler barely played. Neither did Lenoir. Where are those guys now? What has Hurns done since he left Dallas?

Nothing.

Butler is playing golf right now. So heres a thought.

Maybe they really werent that good to begin with?

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Brice Butler barely played. Neither did Lenoir. Where are those guys now? What has Hurns done since he left Dallas?

Nothing.

Butler is playing golf right now. So heres a thought.

Maybe they really werent that good to begin with?

Look who the coach was at the time.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Agreed. Every QB could use a good one of those! Do we have that on our team right now? Dalton Schultz doesn't count lol

Well, Dak seems to be taking a liking to Tolbert in TC so far. It seems that some of these undrafted WRs may be quietly becoming players that can contribute and win us a lot of games. Mind you, look at the defence they're going against daily. There's something to be said for that.

Nexx

Reaction score
Like Dak got Wilson, Cobb, and Beasely paid? Do you people believe this stuff or just say things for the heck of it?
Please….at least those guys were drafted. None of them had seasons like Miles Austin or Laurent Robinson.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Well, Dak seems to be taking a liking to Tolbert in TC so far. It seems that some of these undrafted WRs may be quietly becoming players that can contribute and win us a lot of games. Mind you, look at the defence they're going against daily. There's something to be said for that.
Dak has lots of nice young receivers on this team to choose from, he is getting paid franchise money to find a few that he likes.
I am sure to get bashed for this comment, but thats just reality in the NFL.
Its not like all of Daks toys have been taken away, he has a few available.

Batman1980

Reaction score
Dak has lots of nice young receivers on this team to choose from, he is getting paid franchise money to find a few that he likes.
I am sure to get bashed for this comment, but thats just reality in the NFL.
Its not like all of Daks toys have been taken away, he has a few available.

Plus I'm pretty sure he and Jerrah no longer liked Coop so that's why Coop will be catching passes from Jacoby Brissett this season. Let's see how that works out for him.