WR Dennis Houston working with first team

phildadon86

Reaction score
You got a few things wrong there. You're assuming having a superstar WR matters. CeeDee is good enough to be our 1WR and Noah Brown has enough experience to show out being our 2WR. Gallup and Washington should be back early in the season. This is Dak's 7th season and he never has been able to put the team on his back to take us anywhere. It won't be any different this season with Dak. That's not saying the team can't get to an NFCC title game but it won't be because Dak has put the team on his back. Dak is just a bus driver. You did get one thing right, the defense is the driving force that will determine how far this team goes.
Remember when you said micah didn’t deserve the star?

Credibility. Gone

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I'm delighted to hear of Dennis Houston working with the 1st team. It's a good indication that he might win a roster spot. I'm looking forward to his being welcomed onto the team, if it occurs. He's worked hard getting where he is and deserves the success he's had so far. He'd be a good addition.
He's also from San Antonio, my hometown -- that's like frosting on the cake to me!:thumbup:

Last edited:

blueblood70

Reaction score
I can’t wait for the season. Prescott without a superstar at wide receiver. this is where he gets to really prove himself , make it or break it , No excuses. Can you put the team on your shoulders. I think we’ll have a winning season. Then it’ll be up to the defense to see how Far we can go from there.
Lamb is every but as good as cooper not sure how this keeps getting overlooked. Lamb is #1 and while we are short

BTW coop was NOT elite nor superstar just solid #1 just like lamb..

Its Moore i worry about not the players..we have enough targets to run an efficient offense with a run game the first month, Lamb moved all around, schultz, and use Pollard in the slot as well as Turpin as a gadget guy, Moores been the one not being able to utilize players in a creative way.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Like Dak got Wilson, Cobb, and Beasely paid? Do you people believe this stuff or just say things for the heck of it?
Actually, Romo did 'get Dez paid'.

Aikman or Tom Brady would not have tolerated Dez for 1/2 a season.

I saw Aikman meltdown in training camp when Kevin Williams was 1 step off on where he was expected to make his cut.

Dez was never within 1 step of where he should have been in his life. Not even with 1 yard.

Romo would run around and buy time until he could find Dez.
- He had to wait until Dez was where Romo need him to be relative to coverage because Dez was not going to do that on his own.
- It was a contest ball because Dez didn't get "open". You actually have to run NFL routes to get open.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Noah Brown has been the most consistent in camp outside of Lamb. As said on Training Camp Live. So, if we have Houston running with the ones, then that's a cherry on top situation. Lamb is good, Brown is solid, Tolbert will get his chances, and now Houston is clamming the ladder. That's four guys who can contribute while we wait on our two injured WR to return. By the time you throw in Zeke, Pollard, Turbin, Shultz, and Ferguson...there's nothing to worry about.

This offense will be perfectly fine. Those that are worried sound like karen's to me.

Ekspozed

Reaction score
Beasely was drafted?

Interesting. Thank you for proving you are just a bitter Romo fan.

Also in Robinsons best year he was targeted 80 times and only caught 54 of those passes. If you give any of those "other guys" 80 targets. I would bet money they match his production. He was a product of volume. Not some messiah quarterback.

Beasely had 98 targets in 2016 and caught 75 of them for almost the same yardage. And hes almost a foot shorter than Robinson lol.

Cobb had 80 plus targets for again. Close to the same yardage total and missed a game.

Your argument is baseless.

Now at least we understand why you hate Dak.

And please. Dont make me show you the RZ targets vs the others. lol.
You say Robinsons best season was due to volume but then go on to name beases 2016 season where he was thrown at almost 20 more times lol

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I know. But I doubt that was because of Dak. I contend it was because of Rogers. Do you really think when Houston signed him, they based it on his play with the Cowboys or the Packers?

Cowboys. It showed that he still had something left in the tank.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Exactly, and that's an example of a quietly smart move imo. Sifting through other leagues and maybe finding a quietly good player.

Exactly. Just because it's not a big name doesn't mean he's not worth trying with the 1st teams. All greats have a starting point, and maybe this is where we discover a solid player.

Whats more exciting? Finding the next Miles Austin or bringing in some veteran journeyman on the downside of his career with no upside?

Mannix

Reaction score
-----So we're doomed because we have a top 10 quarterback leading our offense??? Oh ok. That don't make sense, but ok cool. Well at least you can do other things with your Sundays while the real fans like us watch our Boys play.

^^^^^^^Spends families last dollar on solo trips to Oxnard and overpiced Cowboy merch....meanwhile, Chuckles is behind the barn trying to stuff unused salary cap money into his Little Rock Savings & Loan coin purse that Booger gave him back in 1969 for keeping quiet about the young lady that wasn't mommy.

mahoneybill

Reaction score
As long as we have a possession style receiver. Don’t drop footballs. You seem to think it’s just , because of one player. Come on the season haven’t even started yet. Positively have a winning season

Crayton comes to mind.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
The burden of all the people like you who ride his.... jock strap.

You mean Cowboys fans like me that think he is a top 10 QB like the rest of the world? LOL

Are you mad that we have a top 10 QB? Does it make you angry? Or are you just pissed that you never saw it coming?

Are you capable of answering a simple question without a stupid response?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
if that happens all year, EVERY Cowboys fan should be ecstatic because than there’s hope. If the offense can get to the next level with an improving defense we may just win 2 playoff games in a row…..I’d consider just that a success.

Next level?

What will determine how good the offense is will be the Oline, not the receivers. WE have enough pass catchers.

phildadon86

Reaction score
You say Robinsons best season was due to volume but then go on to name beases 2016 season where he was thrown at almost 20 more times lol
Yeah. Exactly. Volume. Neither one is a great receiver but my claim is that Romo isn’t some football Jesus. He just threw the ball to him a lot. Lol that’s all

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Whats more exciting? Finding the next Miles Austin or bringing in some veteran journeyman on the downside of his career with no upside?

The former, obviously, which is the point of what I said. All the solid vets/HOF players have to start somewhere, and part of the fun of young players is you never know what they'll become.

CoachD

Reaction score
Who? I guess it's ok when you have an injury and or looking for depth.