WR Dennis Houston working with first team

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Cobb didnt get paid in Dallas. He got paid in Houston. So Rodgers got him paid the year they didnt play together?
Rodgers played with Cobb. So he didn't play with him one year - unless you're telling me Cobb NEVER played with Rodgers.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Rodgers played with Cobb. So he didn't play with him one year - unless you're telling me Cobb NEVER played with Rodgers.
No. But Houston didn’t pay him because of the years he had in Green Bay. He came to Dallas as a FA and went to Houston after playing with Dak. To say Rodgers got him paid is ridiculous lol

GINeric

Reaction score
an undrafted FA starting... with Dak at QB?

Goodness... we are doomed.

So we're doomed because we have a top 10 quarterback leading our offense??? Oh ok. That don't make sense, but ok cool. Well atleast you can do other things with your Sundays while the real fans like us watch our Boys play.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
No. But Houston didn’t pay him because of the years he had in Green Bay. He came to Dallas as a FA and went to Houston after playing with Dak. To say Rodgers got him paid is ridiculous lol
How do you know they didn't base their opinion of Cobb on the work he did in Green Bay, moreso than the work he did in Dallas?

tyke1doe

Reaction score
He was paid because that was the going rate and Houston lost DeAndre Hopkins.
And it's ridiculous to say that Houston simply looked at the one year with Dak and not the years he was with Aaron Rodgers in making its decision.:laugh:

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Well, then why is it that in 2018, Beasley also had 672? That's his 5th best tally, and his second best as a Cowboy. That's still quite good. It's a big reason he got the deal he got with Buffalo. Obviously, Josh Allen is an excellent QB, and nobody is disputing that, but he probably doesn't get the deal in Buffalo had it not been for Dak throwing the ball his way and him racking up the yards and such that he did. So, you still missed with that.

As for Gallup, yes, he's an outstanding WR, and nobody's saying he was a "devoid" of talent. He's a number 2 WR, and not a 1 WR. His most direct comparison has been to Alvin Harper. So, let me ask you this. How would Aikman have fared if his 1WR was Alvin, and Irvin wasn't here? I'm NOT saying Dak is on Aikman's level. I'm simply making the point that Harper was NOT a 1WR, as his next stops proved. Just the same, Gallup is a 2 WR. This means he draws the second best corner usually instead of the Ace, as I call the top CB. I think the difference between then and now is that CeeDee can be a 1WR whereas there wasn't a WR in 2018 that you could point to and say, that's a 1 WR until Coop got here.

....he had 672 yards on 65 receptions, 4 TDs, and 10.3 yards average. I don't know the point being made here, Beasley was playing to his average. The next two seasons in buffalo were about the same, except in 2020 he had the most receptions in a season with 85, which unsurprisingly, equaled the most yards - but he still averaged 11.8 yards.

And without Dak and having Weeden and Moore throwing to him, he had 52 receptions, 500+ yards, and 5 TDs. My guess is Beasley would have done about average everywhere he went, he is a incredibly QB friendly type of WR. It's why he lasted as long as he did in the NFL.

Creeper

Reaction score
The Cowboys have had other WRs flash in preseason only to look ordinary in the regular games. I am not jumping on any bandwagons just yet.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
didn't they dazzle us with pre-draft knowledge about how dumb it would be to even think about drafting a receiver within the 1st 2 rounds...
to now only dazzle us with why the wr position will destroy our season.
you know...that one position they say you should never draft.

Who says to never draft a WR? Unless there is a Calvin Johnson on the board, I'd say WRs are very much a luxury pick for a lot of teams in the NFL right now - I firmly believe you can get elite level WR talent in the late second or third now. WRs are coming out of college almost immediately ready for the pros now, no need to develop due to NFL rule changes and just freakish athletes being found everywhere.

I'm not suggesting that top 5 WRs don't exist in the draft, but I would never argue for a team to choose WR over other positions of need. Fill that in later rounds or FA.

Motorola

Reaction score
SomeAthleticCatbird-max-1mb.gif
Are they still together?

Nexx

Reaction score
He had the best season his career in Dallas with Dak. Then again in Buffalo. He didn’t get “Dakd” they brought in Cooper lol
You didn’t even know he was undrafted so it’s obvious to me and this entire board you’re a bitter Romo supporter. Have a great day.
I guess you cant comprehend numbers then.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Most thought he was done due to injuries after being dumped by Green Bay. Dak helped show that he still had life in him.
Not disputing that. However, we can't erase the fact that he built his reputation playing eight years with Aaron Rodgers.
Be that as it may, I think you've made your point, and I mine.
No sense in belaboring this discussion.
Peace.

stuckindc

Reaction score
We have Ferguson, Schultz, Lamb, Tolbert, Gallup, Washington and apparently Houston. Will be on the defense and the running game to carry the offense until Washington and Gallup come back.
And Pollard

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Another Miles Austin hidden talent, not his story. He flamed out pretty quickly.

Austin did not flame out. His body gave out on him. Ironically the same massive hammies that made him near impossible to tackle in the open field proved too strong for his body and kept tearing..

Last edited:

DanA

Reaction score
Not disputing that, but Cobb's reputation was made by playing eight years with Aaron Rodgers, not one year with Dak.
This makes no sense. He arrived on a 1-year 5m prove it deal and left on a 3-year 27m contract. His season with Dak was his best since 2015 with only 3/11 of Cobb’s seasons being better than the one he had in Dallas. He might have built his reputation in Greenbay but no if, buts or maybes about it, Cobb increased his value in his season with Dallas.