WR emerging as a 2nd round possibility

McKDaddy

Reaction score
I suspect that at 58 there will be a few players at other more needy positions that will be similarly or closely ranked to a WR.

It really would be bizarre to take a slot WR at 58.

DE, DT, CB, S, even TE or OT make more sense than a slot WR.
I'm not limiting it to slot WR, just WR in general.

32BellyOption

Reaction score
I just cant countenance drafting a Wr at 58 ,its not a need and should a extreme fall back option if the safeties and DL get wiped out before our pick.

I agree as the Cobb and Tavon signings have lessened the need and plus we can grab a good one in later rounds. That being said if the highest rated player on our board is a WR then I’d have no problem. I wasn’t thrilled with the Vander Esch pick last year nor the Travis Fredrick pick when it happened so maybe those guys in the war room know what they’re doing. Lol!

Dylan88Wilson

Reaction score
I'm not limiting it to slot WR, just WR in general.
Right. Deebo, for example, can line up in the slot or on the outside. And unlike Beasley, he can stay on the field in any package. But if for some reason we were to limit him to only being a slot receiver and neither of the starting wideouts were to ever get injured or need a breather, then so what? Beasley’s production is proof of how important a slot receiver is to Dak. Now imagine the possibilities with a far more explosive player like Deebo manning the position and finally adding a vertical threat to the middle of the field. That alone completely changes the dynamic of the offense and makes it almost impossible for defenses to stack the box against Zeke the way they do now. If Deebo is the best player on their board, they absolutely should not hesitate to take him. It’s as simple as recognizing that the WR position was costing us games last season, safety really wasn’t. DT obviously cost us against the Rams, but as a whole the position was nowhere near as putrid as WR or the offense in general. I’m also of the belief that Malik McDowell would be a monster signing at DT if he gets medically cleared, but that’s a post for another day. And you have to remember, this is an offensive-driven league. It behooves you to surround your QB with weapons. There’s a reason why the team is still so interested in the WR position despite the needs elsewhere.