WR looks to be a disaster

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Not sure this is accurate at all....Cooper missed two games last year (Oakland and KC)

Lamb - Only played a half between those two games, caught 3 passes, and got hurt on an underthrown ball.
Gallup - Went 5 for 44 yards vs KC, 5 for 106 vs Oakland

Not sure either was anything to brag about during that period, but it's pretty tough to judge either off such a small sample size where Lamb barely played, and Gallup still put up 150 yards over two games.

Also for the season Lamb & Cooper played pretty much the same amount of games but Lamb had more targets, catches, and yards.

Lamb by almost every metric was better than Cooper in 2022.

Personally, I would have kept Cooper for this year, especially after seeing how our FA period went, but Lamb was the #1 in 2021, not Coop, plus hes 5 years younger. Cooper is at a stage where he is what he is, Lamb at 22 years old still has time to develop.
Bingo about Lamb's youth. He may or may not have already hit his ceiling. Time will tell. But if I'm GM I'm not sitting on my butt to find out. I draft a receiver or trade for one ASAP! Olave is the guy I'm hoping for.....or Burks.

kskboys

Reaction score
Schultz is just a mediocre 1st and 2nd down te that is a product of a Weak division and a checkdown passing scheme with a great wr core around him (that was drawing all of the coverage)

Peeps will argue that he's better than Gronk, Cook, and Howard based upon stats but you throw them 40-50 rinky dink wide open checkdown passes a year and they would put up better numbers than schultz. LMAO

He only scored 2 tds in 11 non divisional games and went a span of 9 games with only 1 TD. He wasn't drawing any top cover guys.

Plus he made zero gamechanging plays when it mattered.

He's better than old man Witten and Swaim but not by alot and he's certainly not a Te that is gonna make an impact in the W/L Column.

I'll give him kudos for playing all of those Snapcounts and staying healthy like #82 but I'd rather have a Te that can go up and get a ball and make a gamechanging play who can score against good teams.

I'd take a jumper and deep threat te like Cook over Schultz any day. At least he can make some plays WHEN IT MATTERS.
Why are y'all thinking Howard is good? Where is this coming from?

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
Why are y'all thinking Howard is good? Where is this coming from?
I'm not even saying Howard is good. I just don't think there would be a dropoff from Schultz to Howard.

I think Schultz is overrated not Howard. I'm going w mediocre.

I know there was a lot of meat left on the bone in those 11 non Division games where he only had 2 Tds or that 9 game stretch w only 1 TD.

Peeps act like Schultz was this 3rd down clutch te and hes way more of a 1st and 2nd down te

Last edited:

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
If we can upgrade the offensive line and RB production then what we have right now on offense will be enough. We need at least 2 new OL starters though and probably a shiny new RB to at least push Pollard and Zeke.

I think Zeke is gonna get his 8 tds a year on avg.

Cooper was a 7-8 TD a year wr w the raiders and that's about what he was here and what he'll be in Miami.

I think you're seeing things through rose colored glasses.

We can't just assume that Gallop, Lamb, and the the new wr is gonna do better than last year.

I think having a better oline will help out alot like ya said but to assume cooper's presence on the field won't be felt might be a stretch imo

We don't even know when and if gallop will be able to play at the same level

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
If Dak doesn't get back to running w the ball this team will never be at the level it was. Which wasnt playoff caliber anyways.

Go get a complete receiving Te and a fast wr who can play outside and pick up a center and a guard and this team may have a shot

I personally think a Te upgrade is the most essential considering they haven't made a gamechanging play in 15 years but that's me.

How could a team that has an offense designed on using 2 tes not have any real talent at that position is what bewilders me.

That 12 personell is a Garbage Scheme come playoff time.

Complete and utter Garbage

That kinda scheme is when ya got a Gronk and Hernandez

We don't even have a Hernandez

Last edited:

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
If Schultz goes down in the first game we won't even change our sdupid Scheme. Lol.

It will be the Next man up philosophy as usual and Sprinkle and McKeon will be forced to step up and take over games when the defense moves all their coverage to the good skilled players.

Y'all have seen this for 15+ years

Whomever says that this 12 personell scheme can win a championship with our 4-5 TD a year te core hasn't been watching Dallas Cowboy football games for 15+ years

If we had 5 Jerry rices and 2 Emmitt smiths it would still be Sprinkle and McKeon. LMAO

That's how stuck we are w this Scheme that hasn't won squat in 25+ years

Last edited:

lostar2009

Reaction score
I feel as if this team is trying to fill in what they let go and lack availabilty of. They say this is a pretty deep wr draft. Wonder what they have plan as they still have holes on both sides of the ball. But I would be okay with this current core plus Cook or good draft pick. If they fix the oline and focus back on the running game.

b0xZZ

Reaction score
I guess you have not heard....Cee Dee is our PROVEN #1!!!!!!!! And I'm sure he will flourish even more while Gallup is recovering from ACL surgery. We are good in that department. Didn't you see Dak before we traded for Amari? 2nd coming of Peyton Manning. I think we traded for Amari after we lost to the Titans on MNF. But hey....we got Dak....he can turn water into wine. He has proven that many times over.

I don’t get the knocks on Cee Dee the guy has been our best receiver and he stays healthy. I don’t know if I buy into the notion we need an Amari type to be effective.

I’m more concerned about the QB and his ability to deliver the football with accuracy.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
If Gallup doesn’t return the form when he comes back and CeeDee were to suffer a significant injury WR will be a disaster.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The OL wasn't as bad as some make it out to have been but that won't stop the narrative. If the OL and WR's aren't top 3 then Dak gets his scape goats. The decline of the offense begins now. They been exposed against good teams now they will struggle against average ones and the blame will fall on the OL only being above average or near average.

blueblood70

Reaction score
If Gallup doesn’t return the form when he comes back and CeeDee were to suffer a significant injury WR will be a disaster.
and IF the world blew up tomorrow nothig else matters..lamo ififmfififiifififififfifififiifgfifififififiififififififiiiiiiiiififififififfffffoififiifiofif

lets stop living ion ifs and whos to say IF that happens the Cowboyss wont make a trade for WR like they did with coop..i mean just stop the forecasting of bad things that could happen i mean IF Stafford goes down the rams are toast lmao..if Brady would have stayed retired the Bucs would have shriveled up and died, if Rogers would have been traded the packers would be in rebuild mode oh wait the packer have NO WRs their projected starter today is a player we used as a 3rd stringer and allowed to walk. LOL whose the starter in packer land at wr right now our WR core makes theirs look the the jets, fact's..
oh wait we playing the IF and butt game. Get over if. We have a top 10-12 WR core maybe higher as it stands with the draft ahead..

Just stop the if game doesn't work unless you like to live in negative fantasy land. BTW players don't have trouble coming back to form from an ACL its about as common as elective surgery now..i mean Daks injury was twice as sever and he made it back fine with 2 more inuires lumped on if. Gallups not a concern.

Trueboysfan

Reaction score
If it bothers you this much I think it's time for a team change. I don't think anyone would blame you. Your disgust for the team is toxic and I think you would be happier moving on.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Doesn't matter Dak isn't going to have time in the pocket or a running game either.
And I had assumed your name here was from the nickname of the 1970's defense and not your attitude ...

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Obviously as things sit today the group has taken a step or two back, but if Gallup comes back healthy I certainly don't see a "disaster" with him and Lamb still there. And there will still be opportunities to add to the position before the season starts.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
and IF the world blew up tomorrow nothig else matters..lamo ififmfififiifififififfifififiifgfifififififiififififififiiiiiiiiififififififfffffoififiifiofif

lets stop living ion ifs and whos to say IF that happens the Cowboyss wont make a trade for WR like they did with coop..i mean just stop the forecasting of bad things that could happen i mean IF Stafford goes down the rams are toast lmao..if Brady would have stayed retired the Bucs would have shriveled up and died, if Rogers would have been traded the packers would be in rebuild mode oh wait the packer have NO WRs their projected starter today is a player we used as a 3rd stringer and allowed to walk. LOL whose the starter in packer land at wr right now our WR core makes theirs look the the jets, fact's..
oh wait we playing the IF and butt game. Get over if. We have a top 10-12 WR core maybe higher as it stands with the draft ahead..

Just stop the if game doesn't work unless you like to live in negative fantasy land. BTW players don't have trouble coming back to form from an ACL its about as common as elective surgery now..i mean Daks injury was twice as sever and he made it back fine with 2 more inuires lumped on if. Gallups not a concern.

Anyone who doesn’t see the negatives with this team is either living in a fantasy world or is a blind homer. If we have to make a trade for a WR during the season then the receiving corp has been a disaster. If we do end up having to trade for a WR the team is going to look even more stupid moving on from Cooper and Cedrick Wilson. You may not like “ifs” but you usually end up having to deal with a few.