Wr Replacement for Coop

quickccc

Reaction score
- If team opts out of the cooper contract - Lamb becomes our lead feature WR, with the hopes that the team can re-sign both Gallup (one year -prove it deal off ACL injury)
and Ced Wilson as 2nd and 3rd WR roles respectively.

- I'm assuming the team will continue to re-tool 5th rd project Simi Fehoko in offseason with a NFL route guru.

- Look for team to explore a speed WR who also offers punt return skills but also can develop (like Wilson did) as a WR in the late rounds.

quickccc

Reaction score
The only reason to get rid of Coop is because they actually did a contract for once that you could get rid of. Having said that, remember where Dak was without Coop? And remember when he had Covid on that 3 game stretch? That was the beginning of the offense demise folks….

And remember when even with Coop in the lineup, this pass offense still looked lame and problematic ?

Coop may still be the best receiver on this team, but he's not a 20+ million per year WR.

Sydla

Reaction score
I had advocated before that it would be dumb to cut him but honestly, with our cap situation, it might be the right move.

I could see them cut Cooper, bring Gallup back on a decent deal (trying to take advantage of the ACL), Wilson also comes back and then they add a speed guy in the middle rounds of the draft.

JBS

Reaction score
It don't matter.

We just need a body for the next year or so.

We'll worry about WRs in year 3 or 4 of Daks contract. That's when we can get some real guys in here ready for a real QB to take over.

this team hasn’t had a real qb in 30 years. What makes you so confident they will find one so easily?

cowboyec

Reaction score
i dont think its smart to move on from amari but i get the cap part of it so if they do...some options beyond rd1...
john metchie,alabama
george pickens,georgia
reggie roberson,smu
kevin austin,notre dame

rambo2

Reaction score
I don't want to see him go, however we can NOT utilize a first round pick on a Wr. What are your thoughts on a possible replacement for coop. Give me your thoughts please....
Evidently he thinks he is staying. He bought a multi million dollar house is the area.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
THE WORDS I DON'T WANT TO SEE HIM GO, OR POSSIBLE you never read that did you??

Did you read where I didn't mention him being cut or that I want him gone. You guys read a few lines and get mad for no reason just to stick up for your beloved players
Wow...someone is a bit sensitive......

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I don't want to see him go, however we can NOT utilize a first round pick on a Wr. What are your thoughts on a possible replacement for coop. Give me your thoughts please....
Coop isn't going anywhere. I refuse to play your false premise game.

Brooksey

Reaction score
Coop can't be replaced without a low draft pick. The main problem with this offense is Dak Prescott & boy wonder Kellen Moore. Piss poor play designs against zone defense, lack of discipline on the o-line, lack of understanding of route concepts by wr's. We have a major coaching problem and Dak Prescott went mental in the 2nd half of the season, can't read a safety or a LB. It's really bad

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
And remember when even with Coop in the lineup, this pass offense still looked lame and problematic ?

Coop may still be the best receiver on this team, but he's not a 20+ million per year WR.

I LOVE THIS POST!!!!!!

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Coop can't be replaced without a low draft pick. The main problem with this offense is Dak Prescott & boy wonder Kellen Moore. Piss poor play designs against zone defense, lack of discipline on the o-line, lack of understanding of route concepts by wr's. We have a major coaching problem and Dak Prescott went mental in the 2nd half of the season, can't read a safety or a LB. It's really bad

Nicely said

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
The Cowboys don't need any of the high octane WRs they have on the roster. They switch switch gears and become a running team with a play action, dink and dunk passing game to better suit their QB.

They have to be releasing Cooper before any roster guarantees kick in and they should trade Lamb. See if they can get Gallup to take a one year deal to get himself back on the gravy train post injury.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Coop isn't the issue. Why would they move from him now? They already have their 3rd and 4th best guys hitting free agency. And their best TE also a FA now.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

Lamb can be our #1, and we draft some speed to go opposite him. The offense has to start making do with less.

I've always been a Cooper supporter, and saw him as the guy that made the offense go. But whether it is Cooper, the offense, or both, we just didn't get enough production out of him this year to justify his money. He'll be 28 next season, and that's about where WRs start to hit the cliff. Better a year early than a year late.

I don't like to spend money on WRs, but thought Cooper was worth the exception. Poor production and a tight cap has revoked his exception. Bye Coop.

perrykemp

Reaction score
Cowboys have already used 2 of their last 3 first round picks on WRs. No way in hell that can burn another this year.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They need to decide whether Cooper is their #1WR or not because they have not been using him that way while they are paying him that way.

And do not underestimate Booger and WR's in this draft. Specifically, one from Arkansas named Traylon Burks. He's a monster of a WR with really good hands and Booger & Son have been spending their Saturday's watching him. If he falls to 24, look for another Lamb move.