WR Roy Williams not involved.

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
i dont understand now why we traded our picks for Roy Williams? i'm not talkin bout him sucking, hes a very good WR. best hands on the team maybe. but it doesnt make sense for us to trade our picks for him THIS SEASON and not have him involved.

why didnt we just wait for him to be a Free Agent, if we werent gonna use him this year?

Monster Heel

Benched
Reaction score
It takes time to develop chemistry and to get acclimated to new offense scheme. It's almost getting cliche to say this, but at some point he will make some plays for us. He's clearly out there busting his butt in the blocking game, but when he gets open it never seems like he's on the same wavelength with Romo.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Romo hasnt' gotten comfortable with him yet

he likes throwing to guys he's comfortable with

MWILL

Fear the Afro
Reaction score
Roy Williams presence alone helps this football team. It keeps the Defense honest when u have a potential threat on the other side. I do agree with you on one thing, Roy needs more touches.

Maybe Roy and Romo just need to get the timing right.

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2495140 said:

ED WERDER: so ur telling me that Roy isnt involved in the meetings between Tony and Witten?

:confused: :popcorn: :write:

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
MWILL;2495144 said:
Roy Williams presence alone helps this football team. It keeps the Defense honest when u have a potential threat on the other side. I do agree with you on one thing, Roy needs more touches.

Maybe Roy and Romo just need to get the timing right.
Roy only practiced 1 day if any this week so that could have something to do with it.

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
idk about the timing thing ... roy had like 20 diff QB's in detroit so for obvious reasons i dont think he had much timing with them. and he was getting catches there...

Randy White

Reaction score
k0wb0y;2495135 said:
why didnt we just wait for him to be a Free Agent, if we werent gonna use him this year?

Because the Lions would have never let him walk away without getting anything in return and the price that the Cowboys paid for him would have been the starting point, not the ending point.

Entering this month, we're going to play or have played, at least 2 teams who's #1 priority will be wide receivers ( Giants and Eagles ). The Eagles alone have TWO #1 picks for next year's draft. IMO, the Giants would have gladly paid more than what Dallas did because they're finding out that as disruptive a force as PLAX is/was, life ain't that easy for them without him commanding double team. I don't think they're going to be bringing PLAX back, but you can bet your bottom dollar they're going to be in the market for a big play WR, and are going to be a player in the Chad Johnson sweepstake.

and those are just 2 of several.

Heck, you can make an argument for the Ravens as well.

You put a player of the caliber of RW up for bid, in the offseason when teams don't have their rosters set and have money to spend under the salary cap, and the price the Cowboys paid for him wouldn't have been enough.

What Jerrah did with this trade was absolutely brilliant.

:starspin

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
yep, takes time to develop chemistry,

look at it this way, we are hitting on all cylinders almost on defense,

our offense about halfway,
now what are we hurting alittle on offense, ?
barber hurt still some, choice is improving.

roy williams does make some critical first down catches too, so give it time, we dont want to peek too early nor too late,

we have had some of the best defenses the past 3 games or so, pittsburgh last week, now giants, this coming week, baltimore,

its hard to score against top defenses, but this will only make us better in long run; if we dont get beat up to much;

now, what we have to look forward to is Holland coming back, we all know proctor is a whus;

Roy Willliams is coming off a plactor foot issue, and we saw last year how that limited newman, so give it time.

hopefully we can get adam jones back for the eagle game or the playoffs, then we can build on that with Holland, Roy Willams hopefully improving his routes, and getting healthy and Adam Jones coming back.

and if you looked at the refs last night, they sure were ticky tacky last night, so add all of that in, we can get better, and with choice spelling barber more and more, barber should be getting geared up for the playoffs

so give it time

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Don't worry about Roy's stats...heck, look at TO last night...he didn't get much done either.

Bottom line is winning, not how many catches he makes. Without him, we're starting Crayton and every team is doubling TO on every play.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
FWST is reporting RW's foot injury is really bothering him, and it wont heal until after the season. It's the plantar fascia thing and thats never easy to deal with.

He did get a few passes thrown his way last night, he appeared to be open deep in the middle of the field and Romo overthrew him early.

Ren

Reaction score
He's playing hurt, same thing that sidelined Newman for a lot of last season doubt he does anything this season but as long as he can go out there and demand coverage he's doing his part

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2495140 said:

Romo has to realise that even when the guy is covered he is still able to make plays.

Just throw the ball in his area and he'll get it.

It was good to see Patrick Crayton involved last night. I feel like he gets overlooked in this offense and has presented opportunities to make plays.

WG5516

Reaction score
k0wb0y;2495135 said:
i dont understand now why we traded our picks for Roy Williams? i'm not talkin bout him sucking, hes a very good WR. best hands on the team maybe. but it doesnt make sense for us to trade our picks for him THIS SEASON and not have him involved.

This is not Madden 09, be patient my friend.

Romo2Dez4six

Touchdown!!!!
Reaction score
he is our future at WR. he can afford to be on the back burner right now. TC and him being able to get rest on that foot will help. Him and Tony will have a great thing together and you can quote me on that. since he came and we got Tony back how many times has TO be doubled, so yeah he plays a big part in this offense already.:bow:

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Rampage;2495162 said:
Roy only practiced 1 day if any this week so that could have something to do with it.

I agree. The lack of chemistry with Romo hurts him, no doubt, but also not practicing much this week, or last, cause of his foot injury is certainly not helping either.