WR Roy Williams not involved.

links18

Reaction score
Romo had him wide-open over the deep middle on one play and totally missed him.....

willia451

Reaction score
Ren;2495334 said:
He's playing hurt, same thing that sidelined Newman for a lot of last season doubt he does anything this season but as long as he can go out there and demand coverage he's doing his part
Yes. The nail on the head.

Go Cowboys!!!

BigDinAZ

Reaction score
I would deffinetly like to see Roy have a big game...

Him being there helps in itself, but I wish Tony would give him some looks.

newlander

Reaction score
I absolutely agree with the chemistry and timing issues. NO argument there: the fade/jump ball TR tried to throw him last night was horrible. Then I remembered RW didn't practice all week: no matter what people say about practice and reps: it DOES make a difference.

links18

Reaction score
newlander;2495588 said:
I absolutely agree with the chemistry and timing issues. NO argument there: the fade/jump ball TR tried to throw him last night was horrible. Then I remembered RW didn't practice all week: no matter what people say about practice and reps: it DOES make a difference.

Yeah, that was an ugly pass. Tony is at best scrambling and improvising--not making timing throws.....

newlander

Reaction score
I agree links18, but he can be good if he works on them: That's the best play if football on the goal line when exectued properly: no one can get up with RW. Then when they overplay it; throw the comeback route at the pileon: Gspots and Manning do it all the time with Plax (when he's in there)

I guess the route I long to see RW run is a simple slant across the middle: as soon as Romo's pinky is healthy and his accuracy comes back, we'll see some devastating results with that IMO.

dallas_112678

Reaction score
k0wb0y;2495135 said:
i dont understand now why we traded our picks for Roy Williams? i'm not talkin bout him sucking, hes a very good WR. best hands on the team maybe. but it doesnt make sense for us to trade our picks for him THIS SEASON and not have him involved.

why didnt we just wait for him to be a Free Agent, if we werent gonna use him this year?

First off, if he was a F/A there are no guarentees that we would actually have gotten him. Also, hes a #1 type wide receiver, just because he is not exactly bringing in alot of catches doesnt change the fact that he is just another person the defense is going to have to respect. Who do you think strikes more fear in a defense RW or Crayton? This also lets crayton get back to the stuff he does in the slot. Point is he may not be catching alot of stuff now, but who knows come playoff time, maybe he'll make us some plays. Oh and you cant forget that he won the TB game for us. If we didnt have RW, that TB game would be a loss and so would our season so in that sense he has already payed off somewhat.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
He's just not getting open with that injury. If it weren't do or die for the Cowboys he probably wouldn't even be playing. Many players don't.

newlander

Reaction score
true enough inman: he's hurt for sure. so is mb3, romo, hamlin and killah. They all gutted it out last night: this team is developing an edge.....I hope. Now if they can just cut down on the penalties............

Doomsday101

Reaction score
k0wb0y;2495135 said:
i dont understand now why we traded our picks for Roy Williams? i'm not talkin bout him sucking, hes a very good WR. best hands on the team maybe. but it doesnt make sense for us to trade our picks for him THIS SEASON and not have him involved.

why didnt we just wait for him to be a Free Agent, if we werent gonna use him this year?

1 ball lot of targets for Romo. I love we got Roy but right now winning is all that is imporatant not how many catches this guy gets or that guy gets. I'm past the point of caring about all this non-sense I expect Romo to find the open man and he did that lastnight with a lot of pressure coming at him from the Giants.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Randy White;2495179 said:
Because the Lions would have never let him walk away without getting anything in return and the price that the Cowboys paid for him would have been the starting point, not the ending point.

Entering this month, we're going to play or have played, at least 2 teams who's #1 priority will be wide receivers ( Giants and Eagles ). The Eagles alone have TWO #1 picks for next year's draft. IMO, the Giants would have gladly paid more than what Dallas did because they're finding out that as disruptive a force as PLAX is/was, life ain't that easy for them without him commanding double team. I don't think they're going to be bringing PLAX back, but you can bet your bottom dollar they're going to be in the market for a big play WR, and are going to be a player in the Chad Johnson sweepstake.

and those are just 2 of several.

Heck, you can make an argument for the Ravens as well.

You put a player of the caliber of RW up for bid, in the offseason when teams don't have their rosters set and have money to spend under the salary cap, and the price the Cowboys paid for him wouldn't have been enough.

What Jerrah did with this trade was absolutely brilliant.

:starspin

Somebody gets it.