News: WR T.Y. Hilton named as an option

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Preach it!

There’s ONE GAPING HOLE at a minimum at left guard. And there are TWO if you don’t think Biadasz is the answer at center. And I’d have to say that the jury is still out on that.

But at a MINIMUM, this team needs to sign at least ONE veteran option for its offensive line.
If we concluded this FA offseason smorgasbord with Tretter alone, I would feel so good.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
here's what our offer to TY would look like.... $1.035 million base salary, $152,500 signing bonus and count $895,000 against the cap. If he's comfortable with that....Stephen will just about sign anyone up

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I second that!
:thumbup:
Im not smashing the moves that this team has made, they have actually been about the most prudent moves they could have made considering the current state of affairs but what has been frustrating to the peeps is the lack of "revealed" movement while having cap to spend.
My question to the board is could this FO have actually had a Tretter type potential FA play in their pocket , and holding watching the market?
If so this offseason doesnt seem so slim,, so lets see how this plays itself out before I conclude as all doom and gloom .

DanA

Reaction score
I doubt we sign anybody until compo picks are no longer affected

Motorola

Reaction score
Hes done. In fact he's been done. Do these guys not even play fantasy football?
TY Hilton? Did someone turn the clock back 4 years? :facepalm:
On the Ryan traded to Colts thread, I even saw a comment stating Indianapolis should go sign Julio Jones to reunite him with the former Falcons QB.
Both players have been mere shells of themselves at least the last couple of seasons.
Examples of how many Cowboys Fans (and those of other NFL teams) don't keep with the league outside of team won-lost records.
At least do some research on the great / "star" players if one doesn't keep up with them on a regular basis.
Many of the "name" guys have fallen off considerably from their best play over the years.

Mannix

Reaction score
Could have signed a TRUE TE in OJ Howard AND Cedric Wilson for the same price we signed Schultz, who is nothing but a Tweener that finds soft and safe zones to catch and fall down in.

fansince68

Reaction score
Preach it!

There’s ONE GAPING HOLE at a minimum at left guard. And there are TWO if you don’t think Biadasz is the answer at center. And I’d have to say that the jury is still out on that.

But at a MINIMUM, this team needs to sign at least ONE veteran option for its offensive line.
Waiting on the "Black Friday" sales. Whatever we get will be a "Emerson" brand Walmart special. Jerry will be accused of " feeling up" a female in line waiting to get into the building.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Good lord please sign a £€¥¥%# lineman already!!

We did a lot of good on that side of the with our line man at feel confident in what they've done and value them going forward we can't speak highly enough of how Smith plays 8 games and he's still tough as nails lol lol lol lol lol

CWR

Reaction score
Could have signed a TRUE TE in OJ Howard AND Cedric Wilson for the same price we signed Schultz, who is nothing but a Tweener that finds soft and safe zones to catch and fall down in.

I'd have taken OJ , his tools and contract 10/10 before Schultz.

With that target volume he'd be just fine, IF he could stay healthy.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
If it happens it happens I rather just find a young guy in the draft. We've had success getting productive years in the draft and undrafted.

WTtoolman

Reaction score
Crazy to let Cedric walk....just plain asinine!!!
What would have been asisnine is the Cowboys paying over 7 million per year for what would have been the fourth option. Regardless of Cooper being traded, they made the right move by not resigning him. Plus, due to recent revelations in Miami, he'll probably be released next offseason, and we could resign him for 1/4 of his current contract.

Mannix

Reaction score
What would have been asisnine is the Cowboys paying over 7 million per year for what would have been the fourth option. Regardless of Cooper being traded, they made the right move by not resigning him. Plus, due to recent revelations in Miami, he'll probably be released next offseason, and we could resign him for 1/4 of his current contract.

4th option....who would have been ahead of him opening game???