News: WR T.Y. Hilton named as an option

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Waiting on the "Black Friday" sales. Whatever we get will be a "Emerson" brand Walmart special. Jerry will be accused of " feeling up" a female in line waiting to get into the building.

I believe that's Great Value brand.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
What would have been asisnine is the Cowboys paying over 7 million per year for what would have been the fourth option. Regardless of Cooper being traded, they made the right move by not resigning him. Plus, due to recent revelations in Miami, he'll probably be released next offseason, and we could resign him for 1/4 of his current contract.

I would not have signed Wilson for $7 million, but Washington was on the extreme low end for a third receiver. Although some bargains work out, many of them don't because the player's flaws are the reason they received so little. There were other options out there who got reasonable deals, including Smith-Shuster (one year, $3.25 million), who was ahead of Washington on the Steelers' depth chart.

My problem has never been Dallas not being willing to overpay other teams' FAs, it's this poor policy of only wanting to pay the cheap ones. Generally, you get what you pay for.

links18

Reaction score
Where is Tavon Austin these days? That (re)signing would be right up the Jones Boyz alley.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
Crazy to let Cedric walk....just plain asinine!!!

Especially since we aren't going to spend any cash on FAs. If that was the plan (of course it was), then the worst move so far, IMO, was not bringing Wilson back.

Carson

Reaction score
Especially since we aren't going to spend any cash on FAs. If that was the plan (of course it was), then the worst move so far, IMO, was not bringing Wilson back.
Problem is, cap looks a lot different with Gregory. I imagine they keep Cooper if they knew they were going to lose Randy

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Preach it!

There’s ONE GAPING HOLE at a minimum at left guard. And there are TWO if you don’t think Biadasz is the answer at center. And I’d have to say that the jury is still out on that.

But at a MINIMUM, this team needs to sign at least ONE veteran option for its offensive line.

Let's not forget tackle. Tyron is good to miss at least two games a season.

Rayman70

Reaction score
So it appears we are thinking of replacing Ced Wilson with 2 guys at wr? lmao...Washington, and T.Y? The latter is older than the Hills and has injury issues. By letting him walk we created 2 problems on the team. Self inflicted wounds, TY Stevie J.

links18

Reaction score
Problem is, cap looks a lot different with Gregory. I imagine they keep Cooper if they knew they were going to lose Randy
Should have made sure they had a signature then on the Gregory deal, before making the Cooper trade. It's pretty clear though, there wasn't much of a back-up plan if Gregory left (Daunte Fowler? Are you kidding me?). They considered it a done deal; he owed the Jones Boyz. Gregory had different ideas.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Could have signed a TRUE TE in OJ Howard AND Cedric Wilson for the same price we signed Schultz, who is nothing but a Tweener that finds soft and safe zones to catch and fall down in.
A lot of fans seem to be fascinated with OJ Howard. NFL teams not so much.

ICP

Reaction score
We're sinking quicker than the Titanic if this one is true.