Wrestling Icon The Ultimate Warrior Dead at 54

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
3 days after he was inducted into the WWE HOF and one day after he appeared on Monday Night Raw and he is gone. I saw a video of his speech on Raw and I hate to say it, but I think he probably committed suicide.

I hope not though.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
He was walking to a car with his wife outside a hotel & he collapsed.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My guess is that he and the WWE knew he was going to die soon and that is why they put in the HOF and had him on the show.

Seems that I ran across some videos he did a year or so ago where he was at odds with Hogan, The WWF and McMahon so I just figured they patched up long enough to put him in the HOF since they knew he was going to die soon.

But that is all speculation on my part.

HeavyBarrel

Reaction score
Haven't watched wrestling in 20years.....I'm damn near devastated, he was an icon of my youth. Some of you will remember him being the "Dingo Warrior" while in the WCCW....

Lodeus

Reaction score
My favorite wrestler. As HeavyBarrel said, he was an icon in my youth.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
I know nothing about wrestling but I looked him up. I liked the way he ran to the ring. He looked like a crazed person but something about it was captivating to even a non fan like myself. I guess I mean I can tell he was never boring.

Nomad

Reaction score
All of the wrestlers I liked as a kid in the '80s have died, maybe a few left. There is obviously something about what they do to their bodies or the lifestyle that drastically decreases their longevity.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
My guess is that he and the WWE knew he was going to die soon and that is why they put in the HOF and had him on the show.

Seems that I ran across some videos he did a year or so ago where he was at odds with Hogan, The WWF and McMahon so I just figured they patched up long enough to put him in the HOF since they knew he was going to die soon.

But that is all speculation on my part.

He looked good at the speech and has always been a gym rat.

The issue with these guys is that between all of the cocaine and roids from their days as a wrestler, they can look healthy and still pass away at a very early age.

I remember him from watching World Class. He had a great look as the Dingo Warrior at that time, but he just didn't seem overly skillful in the ring. Then out of the blue he debuts in the WWF and is mega over. It really shocked me to see him as more or less a young mid card wrestler that just exploded on the scene at the biggest stage.

I feel for his family.

YR

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I was never a fan. I liked his entrance music and that was it. He was a garbage wrestler and his promos were trash.

Now that said none of that matters because it's very sad that the man died at 54 with a wife and kids left behind. That's terrible. I just watched his hall of fame speech on Sunday night too and they showed him talking to his wife and daughters. That's just an awful tragedy for those poor people.

RIP Jim.

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
I noticed that he was sweating a lot, out of breath, and was walking with a limp. I wonder if he was taking some kind of pain meds.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
All of the wrestlers I liked as a kid in the '80s have died, maybe a few left. There is obviously something about what they do to their bodies or the lifestyle that drastically decreases their longevity.

I was about to comment on that. I'm wondering if it's the insane bodybuilding aspect that's causing this. A lot of those guys are on various roids, growth hormone, insulin, etc... I'm wondering if that's what's killing them early.

Or maybe it's the lifestyle? Who knows what these guys do in their free time. And usually when you see stuff like this these guys think they're invisible and heavily abuse recreational drugs and think it won't affect them long term.

Phoenix

Reaction score
Latest news bits I've seen:

PWInsider reports that WWE had a camera crew following The Ultimate Warrior and his family around for the entire WrestleMania weekend in New Orleans. The footage was for a future project to focus on his return.
On a related note, F4Wonline.com notes that Warrior stayed at a different hotel than the rest of the WWE crew in New Orleans and mostly hung out with just his family.

Read more at http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news...-wwe-filmed-this-weekend/#iAuoJ4LeP1xqFbjQ.99

=============================

TMZ reports that The Ultimate Warrior was seen clutching his chest moments before he collapsed at an Arizona hotel on Tuesday, according to their law enforcement sources who spoke with eye witnesses.
They report that Warrior was walking down a hallway at the Gainey Suites Hotel in Scottsdale, AZ, headed toward his car with his wife, when he stopped, clutched his chest and went down. He never recovered.

Sources told TMZ that officials believe Warrior suffered a "catastrophic medical event" and so far, there is no evidence to show drugs or alcohol were a factor in his death. All signs point to a massive heart attack. An investigation is underway and an autopsy is scheduled for Thursday.

Read more at http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news...s-chest-before-his-death/#76xkS1JYcGVQMiLo.99

====================================

So, I don't know why some might think that his end was near and that this HoF induction and RAW appearance were staged to happen before he died. The crew following him, his return, his signing a multi-year deal with WWE just days before.. I mean it just makes no sense at all to have a conspiracy theory here.

Of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong

CashMan

Reaction score
TMZ reports that The Ultimate Warrior was seen clutching his chest moments before he collapsed at an Arizona hotel on Tuesday, according to their law enforcement sources who spoke with eye witnesses.
They report that Warrior was walking down a hallway at the Gainey Suites Hotel in Scottsdale, AZ, headed toward his car with his wife, when he stopped, clutched his chest and went down. He never recovered.

Sources told TMZ that officials believe Warrior suffered a "catastrophic medical event" and so far, there is no evidence to show drugs or alcohol were a factor in his death. All signs point to a massive heart attack. An investigation is underway and an autopsy is scheduled for Thursday.

Read more at http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news...s-chest-before-his-death/#76xkS1JYcGVQMiLo.99

====================================

So, I don't know why some might think that his end was near and that this HoF induction and RAW appearance were staged to happen before he died. The crew following him, his return, his signing a multi-year deal with WWE just days before.. I mean it just makes no sense at all to have a conspiracy theory here.

Of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong

I think what they are saying, he currently is not abusing drugs or alcohol, which doesn't mean, he never took steroids. There is a pattern of wrestlers dying young, I don't think that is a coincidence.