WT: Taylor case may change

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There might be yet another twist in the ongoing criminal case involving Washington Commanders safety Sean Taylor. Edward Carhart, one of Taylor's attorneys for the trial on assault and battery charges that is supposed to start on April 10 in Miami, said yesterday the state is considering changes.

"The whole case is on the table," said Carhart, who expects to hear from assistant state attorney Michael Grieco today about a review of the charges.

Taylor, who turns 23 tomorrow, faces a maximum of 46 years in prison on three felony assault charges and one simple battery count stemming from an incident last June in Miami. Taylor has been embroiled in controversy since Washington chose him fifth overall in the 2004 draft. The former University of Miami star has been fined by the NFL for walking out on the mandatory rookie symposium, for late hits and for spitting on Tampa Bay's Michael Pittman. Taylor also refused to attend the Commanders' conditioning program in preparation for the 2005 season. However, Taylor, who has shone on the field, was on hand when workouts for 2006 began on Monday.

--David Elfin

LINK

BroGreg

Reaction score
WoodysGirl said:
There might be yet another twist in the ongoing criminal case involving Washington Commanders safety Sean Taylor. Edward Carhart, one of Taylor's attorneys for the trial on assault and battery charges that is supposed to start on April 10 in Miami, said yesterday the state is considering changes.

"The whole case is on the table," said Carhart, who expects to hear from assistant state attorney Michael Grieco today about a review of the charges.

Taylor, who turns 23 tomorrow, faces a maximum of 46 years in prison on three felony assault charges and one simple battery count stemming from an incident last June in Miami. Taylor has been embroiled in controversy since Washington chose him fifth overall in the 2004 draft. The former University of Miami star has been fined by the NFL for walking out on the mandatory rookie symposium, for late hits and for spitting on Tampa Bay's Michael Pittman. Taylor also refused to attend the Commanders' conditioning program in preparation for the 2005 season. However, Taylor, who has shone on the field, was on hand when workouts for 2006 began on Monday.

--David Elfin

LINK

So what you are really saying is the case will either be:
- Delayed
- Charges Reduced
- Tossed out all together

Sounds like Snyder spent some money somewhere else during Free Agency.

Wheat

Philosopher
Reaction score
The witnesses for the state mostly have criminal records themselves. Perhaps something happened with them.

Either way, pro athletes are out of control.

I'm a Skins fan and still think Taylor should be in jail if he did this.

sacase

Reaction score
Wheat said:
The witnesses for the state mostly have criminal records themselves. Perhaps something happened with them.

Either way, pro athletes are out of control.

I'm a Skins fan and still think Taylor should be in jail if he did this.

Once again, where has it been reported the the the witnesses for the state have criminal records! I look for it extensivly, and never found any proof of that. Its just rhetoric that ES has spun up.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
I'm curious to what the 'changes' are. I still hold that the DA would never give this guy a break because of his status, rather that someone in Taylor's position would be a target.

If they are planning on altering the charges or something, sounds to me like the case wasn't as rock solid as the DA originally led us to believe. Perhaps he didn't notice that in his zeal to get a conviction of a high profile individual.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Or MAYBE they are going to ADD to the charges. Your really anything truthfull out of Taylors mouthpiece?

CowboyWay

If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State
Reaction score
sacase said:
Once again, where has it been reported the the the witnesses for the state have criminal records! I look for it extensivly, and never found any proof of that. Its just rhetoric that ES has spun up.

I couldn't agree more. I've looked for it too, and couldn't find anything. If you press the guys at ES about where they found out those guys had records, they just go silent.

SkinsFan26

Reaction score
sacase said:

It was mentioned in the Miami herald back in the summer when this was hot news. That newspaper does not archive their articles. I assure you that these punks had seen jailtime before stealing from ST.

Regardless, the only witnesses from the prosecution are felons themselves for stealing and shooting up a house.

I have a feeling the prosecution is about to drop their case. I say 'case' lightly, obviously.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
SkinsFan26 said:
It was mentioned in the Miami herald back in the summer when this was hot news. That newspaper does not archive their articles. I assure you that these punks had seen jailtime before stealing from ST.

Regardless, the only witnesses from the prosecution are felons themselves for stealing and shooting up a house.

I have a feeling the prosecution is about to drop their case. I say 'case' lightly, obviously.

Will one of you skins fans PLEASE find a link because I get tired of someone sayings...find me a link and skins fans fumbling around without finding a link.

Chances are these guys did indeed have a record, surely one of you guys can find a link, I mean surely someone on that huge message board at ES has a link.

leotisbrown

Half Fast Analysis
Reaction score
My nose sniffs out a rats droppings ehar.

I suspect the DA done found evdence that Taylor and his posse have tried out a bribary on some of the witness's.

Taylors crew have intimidates them into not testify with promises of moneys for not witnessing things on the stand when the trial comes to cort. And or threatenings to beat them- they familys- and women folks up "Taylor style" if they do turn states evidence on the dirty Deadskin from the "U".

D.A must have founded this out and Taylor about to get some hard time at state federal pen making license plates for 30 cents an hour. Ha ha ha!!

Me hopes he gets locked up with Big Rough Bubba type that will force all kind of mishaps on him when the guards are eating donuts and coffees.

Mayhap Taylor leave jailings with time off for good behaving in a few years married to Bubba and hoping to live life without no closet for hiding his actions.

Would laugh to see him come out wearing dress- high heels and lipstick-- switching around and popping bubble gum to boot!! Ha ha ha ha!!!

Once agains Mister Jerry Jones done outwit Moneygrubbin:) Snyder.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
leotisbrown said:
My nose sniffs out a rats droppings ehar.

I suspect the DA done found evdence that Taylor and his posse have tried out a bribary on some of the witness's.

Taylors crew have intimidates them into not testify with promises of moneys for not witnessing things on the stand when the trial comes to cort. And or threatenings to beat them- they familys- and women folks up "Taylor style" if they do turn states evidence on the dirty Deadskin from the "U".

D.A must have founded this out and Taylor about to get some hard time at state federal pen making license plates for 30 cents an hour. Ha ha ha!!

Me hopes he gets locked up with Big Rough Bubba type that will force all kind of mishaps on him when the guards are eating donuts and coffees.

Mayhap Taylor leave jailings with time off for good behaving in a few years married to Bubba and hoping to live life without no closet for hiding his actions.

Would laugh to see him come out wearing dress- high heels and lipstick-- switching around and popping bubble gum to boot!! Ha ha ha ha!!!

Once agains Mister Jerry Jones done outwit Moneygrubbin:) Snyder.
Another classic gem from my all-time favorite poster!!!

Preach-on brother leotis!

sacase

Reaction score
SkinsFan26 said:

Yes the "unarchived" Miami Herald article that magically has disappeared and can't be found on any message boards such as extreme skins that archieves these things. I think it is funny how the true victims have not even been charged with a crime, yet they are already convicted in a skins fans mind for stealing ST's ATV's and shooting up his car and his buddy's house. Yet Taylor, who has had charges pressed against him, is completly innocent. Yes they belive ST whose word is above all reproach. I mean this is not the same guy who spit in pittman's face on NATIONAL Tv then lied to his own coach and said he didn't do it. :enough:

The more I hear about it the more I think he is guilty. Only question is does he serve any time.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
SkinsFan26 said:
It was mentioned in the Miami herald back in the summer when this was hot news. That newspaper does not archive their articles.

LMAO how convienant

I assure you that these punks had seen jailtime before stealing from ST.

I am thinking the assurances of an uber homer is not enough. If you are going to continue to say assanine things then maybe you should back them up. Lets recap some things you have said

The plaintiffs have extensive criminal records
The Police found guns on the plaintiffs
The Police matched bullets from the plaintiffs guns to Taylors house being shot up
The ATVs were recovered from the plaintiffs and returned to taylor
The Plaintiffs have been charged with shoting Taylors house.
The Plaintiffs were arrested

Now you have shown proof of NONE of these, and dont give me the miami herald BS because the Washington papers would have picked all of this up too. So go find a link or begone!

I have a feeling you are wrong

Gaede

Reaction score
Not suprised if these changes are beneficial to Taylor.

Disgusted, yeah. But we all saw this coming.

Pokes28

Reaction score
The bad thing about the mandatoy jail time is that it makes it harder to get a conviction.

Who cares if the guys that are accusing Taylor have a record of jail time? Does that mean that anybody at any time can pull a gun on them without reprocussion? I agree that their character of witnesses has to be taken into account, but it isn't everything in total. If it is, then ex-cons would essentially never have any rights again.

David Harrell - Pokes
dwh

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
WoodysGirl said:

--David Elfin
This doesn't really sound like much news to me. Attorneys have meetings with the DA's office about every case. They try to out maneuver each other, they offer and/or reject plea bargains or they try to get the charges dropped or evidence thrown out. It is all Standard Operating Procedure for these guys who Commit Lawyering for a living.

SkinsFan26

Reaction score
sacase said:
Yes the "unarchived" Miami Herald article that magically has disappeared and can't be found on any message boards such as extreme skins that archieves these things. I think it is funny how the true victims have not even been charged with a crime, yet they are already convicted in a skins fans mind for stealing ST's ATV's and shooting up his car and his buddy's house. Yet Taylor, who has had charges pressed against him, is completly innocent. Yes they belive ST whose word is above all reproach. I mean this is not the same guy who spit in pittman's face on NATIONAL Tv then lied to his own coach and said he didn't do it. :enough:

The more I hear about it the more I think he is guilty. Only question is does he serve any time.

Get back to me when the case is dismissed in a few days.