WT: Taylor case may change

ghst187

Reaction score
1fisher said:
before I got banned at that chicken crap site called ES.... there were some posters on there arguing that the film was altered and ST did not spit in pitmans face..... QUOTE]

there had to be a second spitter (Seinfeld fans will appreciate that)

seriously though, I don't care if he's a skin. If he did the crime, I hope he gets a serious and fair punishment. I'm just sick of sports stars and celebrities getting special treatment by the legal system. Its sick. And guys that are thugs (not saying ST is a thug but there are plenty in the NFL) will end up in big trouble sooner or later. So even if ST gets off this time,...if he's a thug, he'll be in trouble again soon enough.
I also don't want to hear that "its such a shame because he's so talented." That's the most disgusting thing I've heard. So we shouldn't punish those that are talented? I'm reminded of an SI cover story from the late 90's that covered Booger Smith "King of the Streets in NYC". Basketball player that no one could stop. Problem was that he had a kid way too young, could get any grades, couldn't stay away from drugs, and couldn't keep from other miscellaneous trouble. There are about a million other people out there with as much talent that can't get their life straight and stay out of trouble. The league, and us as fans, shouldn't reward destructive people and their behavior.

InDakWeTrust

DezBRomo9
Reaction score
ghst187 there had to be a second spitter (Seinfeld fans will appreciate that) seriously though said:
Which is exactly why he should be tried and convicted, if everything else about the incident is reported true. He grew up in the middle class in Dade City, where his father has been the chief of police. When someone then steals something you call the cops, you dont take the situation into your own hands where you or your friends are hurt. He may be a football player but do cops get to break laws when they are off duty? No, and hopefully the DA doesnt cave into a plea bargain like Jamal Lewis' case. But that is why JL's case was plea bargained/reduced because it was a nonviolent charge. ST's incident includes a firearm, which under FL law has the 5..10...life rule as most of y'all know.

Just my $.02.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
If Taylor is found guilty or innocent, or cops a plea, He will have one more strike as far as I am concerned.

hooskins

Reaction score
ghst187 said:
1fisher said:
before I got banned at that chicken crap site called ES.... there were some posters on there arguing that the film was altered and ST did not spit in pitmans face..... QUOTE]

there had to be a second spitter (Seinfeld fans will appreciate that)

seriously though, I don't care if he's a skin. If he did the crime, I hope he gets a serious and fair punishment. I'm just sick of sports stars and celebrities getting special treatment by the legal system. Its sick. And guys that are thugs (not saying ST is a thug but there are plenty in the NFL) will end up in big trouble sooner or later. So even if ST gets off this time,...if he's a thug, he'll be in trouble again soon enough.
I also don't want to hear that "its such a shame because he's so talented." That's the most disgusting thing I've heard. So we shouldn't punish those that are talented? I'm reminded of an SI cover story from the late 90's that covered Booger Smith "King of the Streets in NYC". Basketball player that no one could stop. Problem was that he had a kid way too young, could get any grades, couldn't stay away from drugs, and couldn't keep from other miscellaneous trouble. There are about a million other people out there with as much talent that can't get their life straight and stay out of trouble. The league, and us as fans, shouldn't reward destructive people and their behavior.

I totally agree with you man, but I think you might feel differently if say Roy Williams was involved. And I dont want to get into this arugment that Roy would never do that. Thats not the point. I do hope ST gets off, but at the same time as a fan of the NFL I feel its bad. I also worry bc I want ST to learn his lession and change, so nothing else happens down the road. I want him to learn his lesson, but at the same time I want him to play with the Skins next year.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
StanleySpadowski said:
I got to the third or fourth post before I read Art making statements about assaulting his wife. Whether joking or not, that's about as low rent as a "man" (and I use that word loosely) can be.

Reading the earlier portions of that thread, one of the things that struck me is how ready those fans were to assume innocence, while not having the first clue what kind of case the state has...

Here's a hypothetical example-- what if one of the cards the state's got up its sleeve is one of Sean's buddies, that they've flipped?? The police have all kinds of ways of gaining leverage on folks (perhaps some consideration on another legal matter that buddy had pending), do we really know that hasn't happened??

Mind you, I don't know if they've done so or not, but IF they did-- well, now you don't have one crew testifying against another, a "we said/they said" situation, now you've got one of "we" testifying on behalf of "they"...

You have to think that would carry some import with most of your average, everyday jurors...

But all of those Skins fans seem completely sure that the state "has no case"... bottom line, they don't know jack about this case, and are merely expressing their desperate HOPE that the prosecutor has no case... they also comment at length about how the prosecutor is just trying to make a name for himself by nailing a celebrity, even as they state assuredly they has no case...

Somebody explain to me how a prosecutor "makes a name for himself" by LOSING a high-profile prosecution... LOL...

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
5Stars said:
BigDFan5, did you know that Jennifer Aniston is going to secretly marry Osam bin Laden? It was reported just yesterday! Now, I have no "links" on the Internet, or no other substantial proof, other then that is the truth as I know it...and if I wanted to prove it, maybe I have friends that are in the "power Capital" of the World, and could possibly go ask some of their friends, but, I don't have either the time, or the motivation to do so, because I really don't care who she marries...

Am I lying, or telling the truth?

Hey, I'd believe just about anything you told me about one of those steel-bellied airheads... :D