WVU WR Brandon Myles Interview (Boys his fav Team)

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A WR from WVU. Should be a late second DAY pick.

NFL DRAFT COUNTDOWN LINK

Scott Wright: You played in a run-orientated offense in college. Do you think that is hurting you now when it comes to the NFL Draft and if you had to do it over again would you look for a school that throws the ball more?

Brandon Myles: I don’t think it’s necessarily hurting me but it really didn’t show my talents like I wanted to. Being selected for the Senior Bowl really helped me out a lot and allowed me show my talent out there.

Scott Wright: As you mentioned you played in the Senior Bowl and I thought you were one of the most consistent wideouts there. What was that experience like and what is the #1 thing you took away from the week?

Brandon Myles: It was real fun. I was out there with the top receivers and all the elite players so it was a great experience. I think I went out there and proved to everyone that I can play football.

Scott Wright: You were somehow not invited to the Scouting Combine. How big of a blow was that and do you think you surprised some people with your Pro Day workout (6-1, 189 lbs., 4.41 forty, 35½ inch vertical, 10-foot-11 broad)?

Brandon Myles: There’s nothing you can really do about getting invited to the Combine, I’m not sure how players get in there, but I just left it alone, went and did my Pro Day and hopefully it came out good.

Scott Wright: What would you say is your greatest strength as a football player and what area do you need to work on?

Brandon Myles: My strengths are I can catch the ball well and I’m athletic. As far as weaknesses I still need to work on my route running and probably my blocking.

Scott Wright: What is your greatest football moment to date?

Brandon Myles: It’s probably playing in the Senior Bowl. Just to be out there with all of the elite guys.

Scott Wright: Who is the best player you have faced during your career?

Brandon Myles: It’s kind of tough because I never got like ten catches in a game in college. It’s probably the guys at the Senior Bowl, maybe Daymeion Hughes.

Scott Wright: Is there one younger player at West Virginia that you see developing into a star, either at the college or pro level?

Brandon Myles: Yes, Darius Reynaud. He’s another receiver.

Scott Wright: Who was your favorite college or pro team growing up? Did you have a favorite player?

Brandon Myles: My favorite college team was the Florida Gators and my favorite pro team was the Dallas Cowboys. Jerry Rice had to be my favorite player.

Scott Wright: What NFL wide receiver do you most admire and who do you think you compare favorably to?

Brandon Myles: I like Reggie Wayne and Marvin Harrison and I compare myself to Reggie Wayne.

Scott Wright: What current pro are you most looking forward to going up against in the NFL?

Brandon Myles: I really don’t know, just anybody who’s a professional because everybody’s good so it really doesn’t matter.

Scott Wright: At what point did you realize that you might have a future in football beyond college?

Brandon Myles: Probably when I was playing rec league when I was about 10-years-old and I scored six touchdowns in one game.

Scott Wright: What do you plan to do once your playing career is over?

Brandon Myles: Hopefully something in business.

Scott Wright: When you get your first professional paycheck what is the first thing you will buy?

Brandon Myles: It depends on how much it is but the first thing I’d like to do is get my mom a house.

Scott Wright: Do you have any goals in mind when it comes to the NFL Draft (Top 3 Rounds, etc.)?

Brandon Myles: Everybody wants to go first day but it really doesn’t matter to me. I just want somebody to give me a chance and opportunity to go out there and play.

Scott Wright: Is there one or two teams in particular that you’ve noticed paying more attention to you? Is there a team that you think you’d fit in well with?

Brandon Myles: No, not really. I had a couple of teams down at the Senior Bowl talk to me and teams showed up at my Pro Day but other than that I really don’t know. Whoever gives me the opportunity it doesn’t matter if I fit in or not because I’ll make sure that I fit in.

Scott Wright: Thanks for taking the time to answer some questions and good luck!

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
I still don't understand why he wasn't invited. Very strange.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well if the 'boys are/were his fav team, then we gotta draft him now.

superpunk

Reaction score
I find his lack of love for Michael Irvin disturbing...

Daymeion Hughes the best player he's ever faced? Ya Don't say!

JPM

Reaction score
theogt;1458187 said:
I still don't understand why he wasn't invited. Very strange.

Doesn't mean anything. If I remember correctly they invited Newman to Dallas and then cancelled at the last minute. This time of the year it's hard to "read the tea leaves".

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Guy is hard to peg IMO.

Hard to know what you have in a WR at WVU because it is a running team.

They move down the field and score as fast running as many teams do passing so you just don't see the passing game much.

Could be the type of guy that actually does better in the Pros than he did in college depending on the system.

CarlJohnson

Reaction score
I would think being in WVU's offense blocking would be one of his stronger skills? I'm always impressed seeing our receivers blocking downfield when I watch the replays of Slaton or White breaking one for 50 or more! LET'S GO MOUNTAINEERS!!!

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
JPM;1458214 said:
Doesn't mean anything. If I remember correctly they invited Newman to Dallas and then cancelled at the last minute. This time of the year it's hard to "read the tea leaves".
I was talking about the Combine.

I'd love to draft this guy in the 4th/5th if we don't take a WR in the 1st.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Not sure we need another 3rd WR but if he drops to 7 we have three picks there. I'd be more interested in using those for OL, DE, and tweeners. Says the right things. A Brown or Trusnik come to mind.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
CarlJohnson;1458230 said:
I would think being in WVU's offense blocking would be one of his stronger skills? I'm always impressed seeing our receivers blocking downfield when I watch the replays of Slaton or White breaking one for 50 or more! LET'S GO MOUNTAINEERS!!!

Ah another fellow EER fan.:cool:

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
McCordsville Cowboy;1458258 said:
WVU football players are soft...

Shhh...besides Spencer nobody really wants to hear about P or it's fans...where did that team finish being ranked again.

:laugh2:

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
aikemirv;1458294 said:
You have to like his size/ speed combination.

Right, he is close to 6'3" and has good speed.

But his hands are what I remember most, .. he catches the ball away from his body with his hands.

He has made some awesome sideline catches or back of the end-zone catches.

I think he will be a solid WR in the NFL.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
McCordsville Cowboy;1458258 said:
WVU football players are soft...

:laugh2: :laugh1: :laugh2: :laugh1: - Link please !

In and of itself, this is one of the more laughable posts I have seen in a while, considering WVU's success on the gridiron in recent years.

But considering it came from a supporter of a Big Ten school that doesn't even have a football team, it is hilarious.

Well, I shouldn't say they don't have a football team, ... I just couldn't find them when I looked at the top 25 in the AP poll, top 25 in the Coaches poll, top 25 in the BCS standings, or top 25 of the CBS sportsline poll.

They didn't even show up in the 8-10 extras that received honorable mention in each poll.:lmao2: :lmao:

Oh wait, I finally found the Boilermakers at #61 of the 2006 NCAA Div 1A Power Ratings, ... just above E. Carolina, K State, Middle Tenn St, Troy & Rice.:lmao: :lmao:

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Well, I gotta say that I am very high on Brandon Myles. One of the players I chose in my mock for the Cowboys previously. I think he could develop into a WR that could produce in the NFL. If he's there in the 6th or 7th, then I don't really see a down side to drafting a player like Myles. I honestly think he could be a 1st day pick if he had played in another type of offense.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;1458392 said:
Well, I gotta say that I am very high on Brandon Myles. One of the players I chose in my mock for the Cowboys previously. I think he could develop into a WR that could produce in the NFL. If he's there in the 6th or 7th, then I don't really see a down side to drafting a player like Myles. I honestly think he could be a 1st day pick if he had played in another type of offense.

It is interesting because this spread offense that Rodriguez created started out as a passing offense.

His early offenses put up some humongeous passing stats.

But I agree with you about Myles, he will be a solid WR on Sundays some day if he gets the chance.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
WV Cowboy;1458420 said:
It is interesting because this spread offense that Rodriguez created started out as a passing offense.

His early offenses put up some humongeous passing stats.

But I agree with you about Myles, he will be a solid WR on Sundays some day if he gets the chance.

I think it's because of his ties with Tommy Bowden. They used that same offense at FSU and took it to Tulane when Bowden was the head man there. They later used it at Clemson and again, it played well. Notice the fact that they had good success with it at warm weather locations. I suspect that once Rodriguez landed the job at WV, he quickly learned that it gets colder then bejebies out that way and that if your going to win games, you better be able to run the ball come November, December.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;1458465 said:
I think it's because of his ties with Tommy Bowden. They used that same offense at FSU and took it to Tulane when Bowden was the head man there. They later used it at Clemson and again, it played well. Notice the fact that they had good success with it at warm weather locations. I suspect that once Rodriguez landed the job at WV, he quickly learned that it gets colder then bejebies out that way and that if your going to win games, you better be able to run the ball come November, December.

The spread that I'm talking about Rodriguez implemented at Glenville St. before he ever went to Tulane. GS put up huge passing stats. I always thought that he brought that offense with him to Tulane and then Clemson.

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?p=1807803

Even thought he passed at GSC in WV, you are probably right about running in Nov & Dec in WV.

Plus, running is great when you have Steve Slaton & Pat White.:D