WVU WR Brandon Myles Interview (Boys his fav Team)

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
WV Cowboy;1458514 said:
The spread that I'm talking about Rodriguez implemented at Glenville St. before he ever went to Tulane. GS put up huge passing stats. I always thought that he brought that offense with him to Tulane and then Clemson.

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?p=1807803

Even thought he passed at GSC in WV, you are probably right about running in Nov & Dec in WV.

Plus, running is great when you have Steve Slaton & Pat White.:D

It's possible that he brought it with him and that the reason he was hired by Bowden was because he new the spread well, rather then it being the same spread. I don't believe for a second that Rodriguez created it. That offense, even at WV, goes back a long ways. I think Major Harris, Jeff Hostetler and even Marc Bulger all had success with it, or at least some version of it, under Nehlen. It is interesting thou, how WV has had some great talent down through the years but nobody really recognizes it. Lots of good players and some decent coaching talent, as well, have gone through Morgantown.

Also, Amos Zerous, Avon Cabourne and Quincy Wilson that I can think of right away.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
WV Cowboy;1458514 said:
The spread that I'm talking about Rodriguez implemented at Glenville St. before he ever went to Tulane. GS put up huge passing stats. I always thought that he brought that offense with him to Tulane and then Clemson.

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?p=1807803

Even thought he passed at GSC in WV, you are probably right about running in Nov & Dec in WV.

Plus, running is great when you have Steve Slaton & Pat White.:D

If Noel Divine pans out we could have the best backfield in all of College football this coming season. Even if he does not pan out we still will have one of the best.

Reaction score
WV Cowboy;1458327 said:
:laugh2: :laugh1: :laugh2: :laugh1: - Link please !

In and of itself, this is one of the more laughable posts I have seen in a while, considering WVU's success on the gridiron in recent years.

But considering it came from a supporter of a Big Ten school that doesn't even have a football team, it is hilarious.

Well, I shouldn't say they don't have a football team, ... I just couldn't find them when I looked at the top 25 in the AP poll, top 25 in the Coaches poll, top 25 in the BCS standings, or top 25 of the CBS sportsline poll.

They didn't even show up in the 8-10 extras that received honorable mention in each poll.:lmao2: :lmao:

Oh wait, I finally found the Boilermakers at #61 of the 2006 NCAA Div 1A Power Ratings, ... just above E. Carolina, K State, Middle Tenn St, Troy & Rice.:lmao: :lmao:

Ouch!:mad:

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
McCordsville Cowboy;1458625 said:

But I would still take that Spencer kid in a heartbeat.

I only saw him play a couple times and he impressed me with his motor.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;1458633 said:
But I would still take that Spencer kid in a heartbeat.

I only saw him play a couple times and he impressed me with his motor.

He's probably the BPA for an edge rusher for our defense that we could have the opportunity to draft. If DBs and WRs didn't glitter so well and tweeners still not be valued highly, he would probably be in the top 25.

We could drop down some and draft him in the bottom of the first most likely.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;1458545 said:
It's possible that he brought it with him and that the reason he was hired by Bowden was because he new the spread well, rather then it being the same spread. I don't believe for a second that Rodriguez created it. That offense, even at WV, goes back a long ways. I think Major Harris, Jeff Hostetler and even Marc Bulger all had success with it, or at least some version of it, under Nehlen. It is interesting thou, how WV has had some great talent down through the years but nobody really recognizes it. Lots of good players and some decent coaching talent, as well, have gone through Morgantown.

Also, Amos Zerous, Avon Cabourne and Quincy Wilson that I can think of right away.

Totally different offense under Nehlen, but some pretty good players, you are right.

Nehlens offense was predicated on a blocking fullback and pass catching TE, .. eat clock and have a great defense.

Rod's spread offense doesn't even use a TE. At least to catch the ball. But this season Rod is planning on getting the ball to Owen Schmitt from the TE position when he goes single back in the backfield. He said he was tired of seeing Owen standing on the sidelines when he went to the single back.

I like the idea.

FLcowboy

When Jerry, when?
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;1458203 said:
Well if the 'boys are/were his fav team, then we gotta draft him now.

He might be available as a free agent. I'd wait until the seventh round. Why the sudden interest in him now anyway. If he did showcase his skills as above average at the Senior bowl, then I would think more teams would be sniffing around. Maybe he was told to keep quiet about a team's interest.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
WV Cowboy;1458677 said:
Totally different offense under Nehlen, but some pretty good players, you are right.

Nehlens offense was predicated on a blocking fullback and pass catching TE, .. eat clock and have a great defense.

Rod's spread offense doesn't even use a TE. At least to catch the ball. But this season Rod is planning on getting the ball to Owen Schmitt from the TE position when he goes single back in the backfield. He said he was tired of seeing Owen standing on the sidelines when he went to the single back.

I like the idea.

+1

I wish he would use a pass catching TE. I would imagine they could do some big things with everyone worrying about the running game.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;1458185 said:
(6-1, 189 lbs., 4.41 forty, 35½ inch vertical, 10-foot-11 broad)?

someone was arguing w/ me and theogt that Myles was 6'3", who was that?

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;1458935 said:
Wow, good memory. You really do know how to hold a grudge. ;)

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;1458947 said:
he's 6'1"
Guess what. He was measured at his Pro Day and measured 6' 0-7/8". I guess that's "close" to 6'3". :D

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;1458935 said:

I don't know that I would call it arguing, but that was me.

I have seen the guy in person, and my humble opinion is that he is taller than 6'0-7/8, .. which is not even 6'1".

If he makes the pros, then we all will be able to see how tall he actually is.

Time will tell.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;1458819 said:
+1

I wish he would use a pass catching TE. I would imagine they could do some big things with everyone worrying about the running game.

I think you will see that this season with Owen Schmitt lining up as a TE when we are in a single back formation, or empty backfield.