WWE Payback Prediction Thread - Updated Winners Are Bolded

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
220px-WWE_Payback_%282015%29_Poster.jpg

No. Matches Stipulations
1P Curtis Axel and Damien Sandow vs. The Ascension (Konnor and Viktor) Tag team match
2 John Cena (c) vs. Rusev "I Quit" match for the WWE United States Championship
3 Seth Rollins (c) vs. Roman Reigns vs. Dean Ambrose vs. Randy Orton Fatal 4-Way match for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship; If Rollins fails to retain the Championship, Kane will be fired from being Director of Operations.
4 King Barrett vs. Neville Singles match
5 Dolph Ziggler vs. Sheamus Singles match
The New Day (Big E and Kofi Kingston) (with Xavier Woods) (c) vs. Tyson Kidd and Cesaro (withNatalya) 2-out-of-3 falls tag team match for the WWE Tag Team Championship
7 Ryback vs. Bray Wyatt Singles match
8. Stardust vs. R-Truth Singles match
9. Bella Twins vs. Naomi & Tamina Snuka Diva's Tag Team Match

• (c) – refers to the champion(s) heading into the match
  • P – indicates the match will take place on the pre-show

Last edited:

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not terribly excited about this show.

1. Axel & Sandow
2. John Cena
3. Seth Rollins
4. King Barrett
5. Sheamus
6. The New Day
7. Ryback

That said, it wouldn't surprise me if I got each match wrong. I don't watch as closely as I once did. That is really code for I fast forward thru Raw when possible and Smackdown isn't on my radar any more. Once Summer Slam comes around I'll be more engaged. By then Lesner should be back.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Actually this show looks ripe for the dissolution of the Authority. Stables in the WWE do not last long time, with DX being gone the Authority was a stand in, though not a great one. The way the story goes it looks like the Authority is ripe for self destruction.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just read:
  • It's expected that WWE will add the Bella twins vs. Naomi & Tamina Snuka to thePayback pay-per-view as the final match on the card.

Phoenix

Reaction score
Kind of surprised that there is no announced match for the vacated belt from Bryan.

And yep, I fast forward through a lot of RAW myself lately.

1P Curtis Axel and Damien Sandow vs. The Ascension(Konnor and Viktor) Tag team match

--- Axel & Sandow just because I hear WWE is pretty down on Ascension

--- Rusev. I predict Lana interfering somehow and Rusev about to obliterate her, forcing Cena to say "I Quit" just to save Lana. Or something.

3 Seth Rollins (c) vs. Roman Reigns vs. Dean Ambrose vs. Randy Orton Fatal 4-Way match for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship; If Rollins fails to retain the Championship, Kane will be fired from being Director of Operations.

--- Seth Rollins retains. (BoysFan4Ever forced me to say that :D )

--- Barrett, despite another fantastic performance by Neville

--- Sheamus, despite another fantastic performance by Dolph

6 The New Day (Big E and Kofi Kingston) (with Xavier Woods) (c) vs. Tyson Kidd and Cesaro (withNatalya) 2-out-of-3 falls tag team match for the WWE Tag Team Championship

--- Hopefully those two former Wyatt family monsters come out to the ring and obliterate all of these jokers.

--- Bray

Phoenix

Reaction score
Ah, okay. Here we go.

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2015/0513/594245/possible-wwe-intercontinental-title-spoiler/

For what it's worth, newly released advertising for several upcoming WWE live events is listing Sheamus as the WWE Intercontinental Champion.

As noted, WWE announced this week that the vacant Intercontinental title will be decided at the Elimination Chamber WWE Network special on Sunday, May 31st. Just a reminder that the WWE Network is free this month for new subscribers. You can subscribe to the WWE Network by clicking here and catch the WWE Payback pay-per-view this Sunday, and Elimination Chamber on May 31st.

DanteEXT

Reaction score
1 Axelmania and Macho Mandow or whatever they are calling themselves
2 Cena - no way WWE kills one of the few good things they got going right now with the open challenge
3 Rollins - maybe the shield reunites, maybe they play it as Rollins turn was a long play con orchestrated by the shield on the authority
4 Barrett
5 Sheamus
6 New Day
7 Wyatt after interference from Rowan and Harper

pjtoadie

Well known member
Reaction score
This card isn't really that great imo. I think Rollins will definitely retain. The Wyatt-Ryback match is the one I'm least looking forward to. Looking forward to seeing Neville as he's starting to become one of my favorites. Having said all of that I will be watching the entire thing :D

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
220px-WWE_Payback_%282015%29_Poster.jpg

No. Matches Stipulations
1P Curtis Axel and Damien Sandow vs. The Ascension(Konnor and Viktor) Tag team match
6 The New Day (Big E and Kofi Kingston) (with Xavier Woods) (c) vs. Tyson Kidd and Cesaro (withNatalya) 2-out-of-3 falls tag team match for the WWE Tag Team Championship

• (c) – refers to the champion(s) heading into the match
  • P – indicates the match will take place on the pre-show

I'm just replying just to see who is on the card. Anyways the obvious is:
1. Barrett
2. Rollins
3. New Day
4. Mega Powers

Rusev will win because I remember the HHH Rock I quit matchup where HHH was forced to say I quit when Chyna was going to be chokeslammed thru a table, only for Chyna to turn on HHH at the end. The same will happen. Also, the stipulation is that if Rusev win, Cena can't get a rematch (if I read that correctly). So basically this is the last match between the two no matter what and Cena can't really do anything more with the U.S. title. Hope Rusev can feud with Brock because Brock can win and it will force Rusev to join Authority to take the place of Kane.

Rollins will win and I can see a heel turn on Roman Reigns and maybe Ambrose (don't really see it) and a face turn to Kane. Rollins need people who are legit contenders in beating Brock when he comes back to try and get the title back. He will need to go thru Big Show, Reigns at least to get to Rollins.

I see Sheamus winning but it can go either way.

Ryback will win but only in a DQ. Wyatt has been looking weak but if they want to bring back Wyatt family, he has to be booked strong without messing with Ryback's momentum. So I see a beatdown coming.

DanteEXT

Reaction score
That is a good point.

I was more intrigued with all 3 when together than anything when apart. Don't know why WWE can't just keep stables together. The Four Horsemen lasted forever (though the lineups did change some).

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was more intrigued with all 3 when together than anything when apart. Don't know why WWE can't just keep stables together. The Four Horsemen lasted forever (though the lineups did change some).

I don't know either. Breaking up The Shield was really stupid.

DanteEXT

Reaction score
I don't know either. Breaking up The Shield was really stupid.

Yeah, that happened right about the time I starting warming up to them too. I hoped then the turn was a con job on the Authority, which is why I mentioned the idea in my prediction.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
Kind of surprised that there is no announced match for the vacated belt from Bryan.

And yep, I fast forward through a lot of RAW myself lately.

--- Axel & Sandow just because I hear WWE is pretty down on Ascension

--- Rusev. I predict Lana interfering somehow and Rusev about to obliterate her, forcing Cena to say "I Quit" just to save Lana. Or something.

--- Seth Rollins retains. (BoysFan4Ever forced me to say that :D )

--- Barrett, despite another fantastic performance by Neville

--- Sheamus, despite another fantastic performance by Dolph

--- Hopefully those two former Wyatt family monsters come out to the ring and obliterate all of these jokers.

--- Bray

Yes I did force you to say that & you did a fine job..

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

The WWE can't do anything for any length of time.

In other organizations, champions would hold onto their belts for a long time... many times years.

For the WWE, a champion is a champion for weeks.