WWE Raw & SD score historically low ratings.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
The 7/4 edition of Raw did a 2.4 rating

The 7/1 edition of Smackdown did a 1.63 rating with 2,333,000 viewers

The 6/30 edition of Impact did a 1.27 rating with 1,838,000 viewers, it was up 300,000 viewers and .15 in the demo from the prior week.

Discuss.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/TNA_News_1/article_51240.shtml

The "limited commercial interruption" edition of Wrestling on Thursday, June 30 scored a 1.27 rating off a first hour 1.25 rating and a second hour 1.30 rating.

Impact's peak rating came in the eighth quarter-hour with a 1.36 rating. The show opened with a 1.23 rating in the first quarter-hour. It continued a trend from nine out of the last ten episodes - the Q1 rating falling below the overall show average.

Benefiting from "limited commercial interruptions," each quarter-hour was above its corresponding 2011 average. The most notable gain was in Q8 - the 1.36 rating was eleven percent above the 2011 average of a 1.22 Q8 rating.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
There are no iconic wrestlers. Seriously Cena is their go to guy...

Everyones gimmick is basically the same. Not a lot of charisma swirling around these days.

Plus there is no shock value anymore because the show is for little kids.

Wrestling sucks. Their storylines suck and their talent is awful.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Hostile;3986862 said:
http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/TNA_News_1/article_51240.shtml

The "limited commercial interruption" edition of Wrestling on Thursday, June 30 scored a 1.27 rating off a first hour 1.25 rating and a second hour 1.30 rating.

Impact's peak rating came in the eighth quarter-hour with a 1.36 rating. The show opened with a 1.23 rating in the first quarter-hour. It continued a trend from nine out of the last ten episodes - the Q1 rating falling below the overall show average.

Benefiting from "limited commercial interruptions," each quarter-hour was above its corresponding 2011 average. The most notable gain was in Q8 - the 1.36 rating was eleven percent above the 2011 average of a 1.22 Q8 rating.

Pretty interesting, never knew PWtorch went that indepth on ratings. Will check them out for now on for ratings.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
CATCH17;3986916 said:
There are no iconic wrestlers. Seriously Cena is their go to guy...

Everyones gimmick is basically the same. Not a lot of charisma swirling around these days.

Plus there is no shock value anymore because the show is for little kids.

Wrestling sucks. Their storylines suck and their talent is awful.

:bow:

Im actually with you. Im watching the same two shows week after week after week..

Same matches, same order.. same results. Its ridiculous.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;3986938 said:
:bow:

Im actually with you. Im watching the same two shows week after week after week..

Same matches, same order.. same results. Its ridiculous.

TNA is radically different every week, but its in a bad way. They drop storylines for no good reason and start no-sense ones for no reason either. Remember Samoa Joe got kidnapped and then 3 weeks later he was back with no mention of it?

Just look at the WWE title and TNA title pictures:

This year WWE's legit contenders for the title have been:
John Cena & The Miz.

This year TNA's legit contenders for the title have been:
Jeff Hardy, Sting, Mr.Anderson, RVD.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;3986803 said:

The 6/30 edition of Impact did a 1.27 rating with 1,838,000 viewers, it was up 300,000 viewers and .15 in the demo from the prior week.

Discuss.

In case some were not aware btw.. 7/4 is also known as July 4th.

Independance Day.

Single most likely day of the year to not find someone camped on their fat arse in front of a TV.

lol.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Romo 2 Austin;3986803 said:

I watch Raw every week. However Monday night I was shooting off fireworks with my family and missed the entire show. I'm betting there were many who did the same thing.

They could have had a topless diva's match and I would have stayed outside. :eek: Trust me that is saying something.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
big dog cowboy;3987047 said:
I watch Raw every week. However Monday night I was shooting off fireworks with my family and missed the entire show. I'm betting there were many who did the same thing.

That is hilarious.

Raw can have a pre-taped show, that everyone already read the spoilers on a week before, on a holiday that is known as being family oriented.

And still do over double the rating of TNA.

:laugh2:

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Honestly, I still can't figure out why people watch this in the first place. It's just a bunch of steroided up muscle heads following a script that has them acting like idiots.

What exactly makes you want to watch this? I suppose to each his own. My wife watches those stupid celebrity reality shows and I don't get that either.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
nyc;3987085 said:
Honestly, I still can't figure out why people watch this in the first place. It's just a bunch of steroided up muscle heads following a script that has them acting like idiots.

You mean like just about every action movie or action oriented TV show?

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
zrinkill;3987089 said:
You mean like just about every action movie or action oriented TV show?

They are not the same. Not even close. That said, there are action movies that aren't worth watching either.

DallasGirl50

Reaction score
I dunno..to me this is a really simple issue. If you don't like pro wrestling do not watch! And yet posters come on here..they hate it and yet they know the wrestlers names..know about matches. Makes no sense. Don't watch it. Why waste your time?and then waste more time coming to a wrestling thread telling everyone how much you hate it...

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
nyc;3987092 said:
They are not the same. Not even close.

Why? because you do not like it?

That would be just like someone going in the "game of thrones" thread and asking why people like watching this crap about a bunch of meat heads fighting with play swords and a midget with a hot girl.

Actually that sounds a lot like wrestling. :laugh2:

http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v210/zrinkill/nycmidgegame.jpg

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Do these numbers also include DVR-recordings? Can Nielsen track it that way?

The reason I ask is I imagine many did the fireworks thing and still had the DVR set to record.

I tried watching Raw and couldn't make it past 15 minutes.

It's horrible...I'm just wondering how Vince keeps selling the houses out week after week.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Wow. Surprise surprise. The shows, especially RAW, did lower ratings on 4th of July and 4th of July weekend.

I'm in shock that this happened. No, really, I am. Shocked. Can't you tell?

lol

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;3987517 said:
Wow. Surprise surprise. The shows, especially RAW, did lower ratings on 4th of July and 4th of July weekend.

lol

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

He sounds shocked.

lol

Phoenix

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;3987517 said:

lol

Yep. Who'd've thunk it?