big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
220px-Royal_Rumble_2017.jpg

This Sunday. Who ya got?

No. Matches Stipulations
1P. Cesaro and Sheamus (c) vs. Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson - Tag team match for the WWE Raw Tag Team Championship

2P. Sasha Banks vs. Nia Jax - Singles match

3. 2017 Royal Rumble match - 30-man Royal Rumble match for a world championship match at WrestleMania 33 The Viper Randy Orton!

4. Kevin Owens (c) vs. Roman Reigns - No Disqualification match for the WWE Universal Championship Chris Jericho will be suspended in a shark cage above the ring

5. AJ Styles (c) vs. John Cena - Singles match for the WWE Championship

6. Charlotte Flair (c) vs. Bayley - Singles match for the WWE Raw Women's Championship

7. Rich Swann (c) vs. Neville - Singles match for the WWE Cruiserweight Championship

8. Becky Lynch, Nikki Bella, and Naomi vs. Alexa Bliss, Mickie James, and Natalya - Six-woman tag team match

• (c) – refers to the champion(s) heading into the match
• P – indicates the match will take place on the pre-show

Announced Royal Rumble match participants - 22 of the 30 competitors have been announced as of January 26, 2017.

Name Date declared
Goldberg November 21, 2016
Brock Lesnar November 28, 2016
Big E January 2, 2017
Kofi Kingston
Xavier Woods
Chris Jericho
Braun Strowman
Baron Corbin January 3, 2017
The Undertaker January 9, 2017
Dean Ambrose January 10, 2017
The Miz
Dolph Ziggler
Cesaro January 16, 2017
Sheamus
Bray Wyatt January 17, 2017
Randy Orton
Luke Harper
Big Show January 23, 2017
Sami Zayn
Big Cass
Rusev
Mojo Rawley January 24, 2017

Last edited:

kristie

Reaction score
i want ambrose to win the rumble even though there have been some i've talked to on another forum who think it won't happen. as for the other matches, i think reigns will win the universal title even though i think jericho will figure out a way to get out of that shark cage & try & ruin it for him. i would also love to see bayley beat charlotte for the raw women's title, & i think cena will win the WWE title. then again, i could be wrong on all of this so don't hold it against me.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
I wish they would bring Samoa Joe to the main roster.....have him be a surprise participant in the Rumble.......also, I have heard several rumors, but I am sure it is too late, as he is much older and pretty broken down, but it would be great to see Kurt Angle make a surprise return as an entrant in the Rumble. One last surprise entrant into the Rumble, and I know it won't happen, but would be awesome.....CM Punk.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
1P. Gallows and Anderson. I feel it is finally time to give them the belts and have a nice long heel run with the titles, at least through Summerslam or Survivor Series.

2P. Nia Jax will win.

3. Goldberg, goes on to headline WrestleMania

4. Roman Reigns

5. AJ Styles will win, though I want Cena to win

6. Charlotte.....she will beat Bayley, then, beat her down after the match......in a lesser PPV, I could see Bayley winning, but not in one of the Big 4.

7. Neville......and then he goes on to reign for a long time, giving a huge amount of weight and clout to the title

8. Bliss, James, Natalya....just because it makes more sense for future storylines.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wish they would bring Samoa Joe to the main roster.....have him be a surprise participant in the Rumble.......also, I have heard several rumors, but I am sure it is too late, as he is much older and pretty broken down, but it would be great to see Kurt Angle make a surprise return as an entrant in the Rumble. One last surprise entrant into the Rumble, and I know it won't happen, but would be awesome.....CM Punk.
Joe will be on the main roster starting Monday unless they push it back (don't expect that) to WM.

Angle would have made a great addition 5 years ago. Not so much any more.

CM Punk returning would be EPIC. Sadly, his return to the squared circle is never going to happen.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Would you settle for 2 out of 3?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No. Matches Stipulations

1P. Cesaro and Sheamus (c) vs. Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson - Tag team match for the WWE Raw Tag Team Championship

I'd like to see Gallows and Anderson finally win the belts, but I expect Cesaro and Sheamus to retain.

Jax. If Banks wins this soon, the feud will have no legs.

3. 2017 Royal Rumble match - 30-man Royal Rumble match for a world championship match at WrestleMania 33

One of the toughest to predict in years for me. It could go in a ton of different directions. I'm going with Samoa Joe for the biggest impact/shock value. Joe vs Styles would be another great bout between the two for Wrestlemania.

4. Kevin Owens (c) vs. Roman Reigns - No Disqualification match for the WWE Universal Championship Chris Jericho will be suspended in a shark cage above the ring

Owens retains to eventually face Jericho at Wrestlemania.

Styles retains (hopefully)

6. Charlotte Flair (c) vs. Bayley - Singles match for the WWE Raw Women's Championship

Charlotte retains

7. Rich Swann (c) vs. Neville - Singles match for the WWE Cruiserweight Championship

Neville takes the title. Heel Neville has been awesome, and he far outshines anyone else in that division. Having him as champion would help the entire division.

8. Becky Lynch, Nikki Bella, and Naomi vs. Alexa Bliss, Mickie James, and Natalya - Six-woman tag team match

What a throway match! If I have to pick one, I'll go with the heel women.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Would you settle for 2 out of 3?
it's going to be 0 out of 3.....but I would take any of them.....I find it would bring a lot of intrigue to the rumble.

Also, I know it won't happen, mainly cause the ring would probably collapse, but give me Big Show, Big Cass, Strowman, Undertaker, Lesnar, Goldberg, and Rusev in the ring at the same time......that is a lot of beef.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
it's going to be 0 out of 3.....but I would take any of them.....I find it would bring a lot of intrigue to the rumble.

Also, I know it won't happen, mainly cause the ring would probably collapse, but give me Big Show, Big Cass, Strowman, Undertaker, Lesnar, Goldberg, and Rusev in the ring at the same time......that is a lot of beef.

I think Samoa Joe is a lock to debut in the Rumble. Kurt Angle I put at 50-50, a guy can appear in the Rumble to a huge pop and ultimately not have to do much of anything. CM Punk? I put that one at 0%.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No. Matches Stipulations

I'd like to see Gallows and Anderson finally win the belts, but I expect Cesaro and Sheamus to retain.

Jax. If Banks wins this soon, the feud will have no legs.

3. 2017 Royal Rumble match - 30-man Royal Rumble match for a world championship match at WrestleMania 33

One of the toughest to predict in years for me. It could go in a ton of different directions. I'm going with Samoa Joe for the biggest impact/shock value. Joe vs Styles would be another great bout between the two for Wrestlemania.

Owens retains to eventually face Jericho at Wrestlemania.

Styles retains (hopefully)

Charlotte retains

Neville takes the title. Heel Neville has been awesome, and he far outshines anyone else in that division. Having him as champion would help the entire division.

What a throway match! If I have to pick one, I'll go with the heel women.
Pretty good assessment Stash.

DanteEXT

Reaction score

I hope WWE FINALLY gives Gallows and Anderson the titles and a decent run as badass heels. I just don't see it happening. :(

Nia

Well.... I was hoping Nakamura surprise entrance with the win to set up a Wrestlemania against Styles. That said, predicting these things is difficult. Are they going Goldberg vs Lesnar at WM, or Goldberg vs Reigns, or Taker with one last title shot/run before he needs a walker, or...

Reigns..... not sure how I feel about that. I think Fozzy is going on tour this summer. If so something has to happen to at least start the Owens/Jericho breakup.

Styles. Probably be the best match of the night.

As much as I like Bayley I'm going Flair

Neville

Heels with the win

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Here's a fun game for anyone watching with a group.

Everyone throws in a few buck to a 'pot'.

You scratch the 30 numbers on small pieces of paper and close them up, and divide them among the participants as evenly as you can. Whatever numbers you have are 'your guys' and whoever's wrestler wins the Rumble, gets the loot.

It's a small exercise that makes the Rumble that much more fun to watch.

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
Orton winning was kind of predictable when they lost the tag belts.

I don't watch much Raw or Smackdown but my prediction is Bray wins the Elimination Chamber and there will be a Wyatt Family feud for the title. Cena will still be one of the main event matches so he don't really need the belt..

Question is who will be the face within the Wyatt family. I think Harper will stay heel and team with Rowan again.