'X-Files' returning to Fox for six episodes

joseephuss

Reaction score
http://www.cnn.com/2015/03/24/entertainment/feat-x-files-returning-fox/

'X-Files' returning to Fox for six episodes

(CNN)Smoking Man, time to light another cigarette.

Fox announced Tuesday that "The X-Files," the series about the paranormal that ran for nine seasons in the '90s and early '00s, is returning for a special six-episode "event."

Stars David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson are both back to play Fox Mulder and Dana Scully, those FBI agents who always got a little too close to the truth.

" 'The X-Files' was not only a seminal show for both the studio and the network, it was a worldwide phenomenon that shaped pop culture -- yet remained a true gem for the legions of fans who embraced it from the beginning. We're ecstatic to give them the next thrilling chapter of Mulder and Scully they've been waiting for," Fox executives Dana Walden and Gary Newman said in a statement.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
I read somewhere recently that the chemistry between Anderson and Duchovny was poor in the past because Duchovny thought Anderson was a lark at acting. Actually makes a little sense looking back on it and seeing stories of them getting along. At this point I'm sure both are old and bored with doing nothing else, so why not.

joseephuss

Reaction score
David Duchovny probably isn't bored. He was busy for years with Californication and is currently filming the new TV series Aquarius, which sounds interesting. He also recently had a novel published.

burmafrd

Reaction score
I read somewhere recently that the chemistry between Anderson and Duchovny was poor in the past because Duchovny thought Anderson was a lark at acting. Actually makes a little sense looking back on it and seeing stories of them getting along. At this point I'm sure both are old and bored with doing nothing else, so why not.

obviously you are not someone that bothers to do a search before you post.

Phoenix

Reaction score
David Duchovny probably isn't bored. He was busy for years with Californication and is currently filming the new TV series Aquarius, which sounds interesting. He also recently had a novel published.

I think BOTH of them had novels published didn't they?

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
not surprised you would think Fringe was better. Fringe was a pathetic wannabe.

Fringe was good for the first season and a half, then went downhill from there. They should have stuck with individual episodes instead of trying to develop simultaneous sub-plots that made no sense :(

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
not surprised you would think Fringe was better. Fringe was a pathetic wannabe.

Lmao

Not surprised you would make a comment like that.

I meant to say.....

Was MUCH better!

Xfiles was a mishmash!

Fringe had some if the best season finales EVER!

You wouldn't know. You probably just comment without even watching the show. Typical!

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Didn't know that. Thank you for posting. I loved the X-Files. Was disappointed in the feature lengths though. I hope this kinda follows the series a bit more closely. Either way, I'll watch.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Didn't know that. Thank you for posting. I loved the X-Files. Was disappointed in the feature lengths though. I hope this kinda follows the series a bit more closely. Either way, I'll watch.

I want(ed) to believe .... Those movies were gonna be good.

Horrible.

I am against trying again later ;-)

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Fringe was good for the first season and a half, then went downhill from there. They should have stuck with individual episodes instead of trying to develop simultaneous sub-plots that made no sense :(

Less individual episodes was one of the best things about Fringe. Seasons 2-4 were the best, though the end of 4 and 5 were a little weak. Season 3 was probably the peak.

Phoenix

Reaction score
I didn't know she published a novel. I had seen an interview of him promoting his book.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1476776520/ref=nosim/addallbooksearch

A Vision of Fire: A Novel Hardcover – October 7, 2014
by Gillian Anderson (Author), Jeff Rovin (Author)
69 customer reviews

The first novel from iconic X-Files star Gillian Anderson and New York Times bestselling author Jeff Rovin: a science fiction thriller of epic proportions.

Renowned child psychologist Caitlin O’Hara is a single mom trying to juggle her job, her son, and a lackluster dating life. Her world is suddenly upturned when Maanik, the daughter of India’s ambassador to the United Nations, starts speaking in tongues and having violent visions. Caitlin is sure that her fits have something to do with the recent assassination attempt on her father—a shooting that has escalated nuclear tensions between India and Pakistan to dangerous levels—but when teenagers around the world start having similar outbursts, Caitlin begins to think that there’s a more sinister force at work.

In Haiti, a student claws at her throat, drowning on dry land. In Iran, a boy suddenly and inexplicably sets himself on fire. Animals, too, are acting irrationally, from rats in New York City to birds in South America to ordinary house pets. With Asia on the cusp of nuclear war, Caitlin must race across the globe to uncover the mystical links among these seemingly unrelated incidents in order to save her patient—and perhaps the world.

iu

joseephuss

Reaction score
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1476776520/ref=nosim/addallbooksearch

A Vision of Fire: A Novel Hardcover – October 7, 2014
by Gillian Anderson (Author), Jeff Rovin (Author)
69 customer reviews

The first novel from iconic X-Files star Gillian Anderson and New York Times bestselling author Jeff Rovin: a science fiction thriller of epic proportions.

Renowned child psychologist Caitlin O’Hara is a single mom trying to juggle her job, her son, and a lackluster dating life. Her world is suddenly upturned when Maanik, the daughter of India’s ambassador to the United Nations, starts speaking in tongues and having violent visions. Caitlin is sure that her fits have something to do with the recent assassination attempt on her father—a shooting that has escalated nuclear tensions between India and Pakistan to dangerous levels—but when teenagers around the world start having similar outbursts, Caitlin begins to think that there’s a more sinister force at work.

In Haiti, a student claws at her throat, drowning on dry land. In Iran, a boy suddenly and inexplicably sets himself on fire. Animals, too, are acting irrationally, from rats in New York City to birds in South America to ordinary house pets. With Asia on the cusp of nuclear war, Caitlin must race across the globe to uncover the mystical links among these seemingly unrelated incidents in order to save her patient—and perhaps the world.

Thanks.

She also had roles on a couple of recent TV series including Hannibal.

Last edited:

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
I never watched it while it was on but I tried to get into it when it was on netflix a couple of years ago. Too late...TV has been so good the last 5 years or so that unless you were into it then, anything from the 90s is terribly, terribly dated.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Less individual episodes was one of the best things about Fringe. Seasons 2-4 were the best, though the end of 4 and 5 were a little weak. Season 3 was probably the peak.

Wow!

A good post! Accurate too!

Although you didn't mention season 1.

That season finale was on par with Heston's planet of the apes ending.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
I've only seen a few episodes when I was younger, but I always want edit to get into this show.

This gives me a reason to expedite that netflix binge watch I've been putting off. Gotta catch up.