X-Men 3 Casting News

jksmith269

Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995
Reaction score
Crown Royal said:
Halle Berry was the single worst casting of this franchise. She was a horrible storm, and her accent is terrible. Jackman, Stewart and the guy who plays Cyclops are the three best castings (though Cummings made a terrific Nightcrawler).

I love the Kelsey Grammar idea. His voice is the best I can think of to play the gentle giant McCoy.

Not a big Famke fan, but she is adequate for Grey. I am curious to how they will do the whole Phoenix thing - obviously, they will not commit to the saga in a movie involving so many new characters.
The best thing about adding all the new charcters now is they are filming 3&4 back to back which I think will help with the flow of the story. Looking at www.imdb.com it doesn't have halle listed yet doesn't mean she won't I think she's waiting for the final script before signing. It also doesn't have Rebecca Stamos or who ever she is now signed yet but she wouldn't be hard to replace with all the blue skin and all. the same guy will be back as nightcrawler.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Crown Royal said:
Which is exactly why he is perfect for the part.....
I just don't think the guy is very good and the character is weak. They could do much more with character.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
I just don't think the guy is very good and the character is weak. They could do much more with character.

There are just too many characters to really focus on more than two or three. They are going to focus on Wolverine because he is very popular and then Professor X because he is the lead good guy and magneto as the lead bad guy. The rest of the characters become filler. Unless they wrote a bigger part for him, it probably wouldn't matter if they changed actors or not.

The biggest change to this movie is going to be not having Bryan Singer as the director. I thought he did a good job and will probably make Superman Returns into a good movie. I am interested in seeing what direction they take for the next X-Men movie.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
joseephuss said:
There are just too many characters to really focus on more than two or three. They are going to focus on Wolverine because he is very popular and then Professor X because he is the lead good guy and magneto as the lead bad guy. The rest of the characters become filler. Unless they wrote a bigger part for him, it probably wouldn't matter if they changed actors or not.

The biggest change to this movie is going to be not having Bryan Singer as the director. I thought he did a good job and will probably make Superman Returns into a good movie. I am interested in seeing what direction they take for the next X-Men movie.
Yeah Bryan Singer is very good and that's a big loss.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
Woody'sGirl said:
At the very end, it kinda showed that's where she was headed. It was kinda like the cliffhanger.

Man, I luv'd X-men the cartoon when I was in undergrad. Every Sat. no matter how late I went to bed, I would get up in time to watch it.
You are lucky I am married; it is hard to find a closet geek after my own heart. :D

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
adbutcher said:
You are lucky I am married; it is hard to find a closet geek after my own heart. :D
Got any friends??:cool:

I'm taking applications...:D

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
Plenty of friends but none are domesticated yet. Also, none of them have any of my good qualities. :p:

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
adbutcher said:
Plenty of friends but none are domesticated yet. Also, none of them have any of my good qualities. :p:
I can believe it..:cool:

Your good qualities are still being developed, from what I hear.

Good looking out. 'Preciate..:D

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Crown Royal said:
Halle Berry was the single worst casting of this franchise. She was a horrible storm, and her accent is terrible. Jackman, Stewart and the guy who plays Cyclops are the three best castings (though Cummings made a terrific Nightcrawler).

I love the Kelsey Grammar idea. His voice is the best I can think of to play the gentle giant McCoy.

Not a big Famke fan, but she is adequate for Grey. I am curious to how they will do the whole Phoenix thing - obviously, they will not commit to the saga in a movie involving so many new characters.

Good Takes all the way around.

I am glad they are bringing Juggernaut into the movie series.

Now for the truly geeky X-Men fans...lets see if you figure these ones out for wonderings of future X-Men movies...

Will they bring in Alpha-Flight at some time.
Will Wolvering and Sabertooth every find out about being related.
Will the X-men ever go to the savage lands.
While there will Professor X ever walk.
Will they have a large "danger room" scene.

And finally with Marvel getting into so many movies with their different characters....where there ever be a "Secret Wars" movie.

Used to love Marvel Comics as a youngster, much better then DC comics IMO.

Hoov

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
Good Takes all the way around.

I am glad they are bringing Juggernaut into the movie series.

Now for the truly geeky X-Men fans...lets see if you figure these ones out for wonderings of future X-Men movies...

Will they bring in Alpha-Flight at some time.
Will Wolvering and Sabertooth every find out about being related.
Will the X-men ever go to the savage lands.
While there will Professor X ever walk.
Will they have a large "danger room" scene.

And finally with Marvel getting into so many movies with their different characters....where there ever be a "Secret Wars" movie.

Used to love Marvel Comics as a youngster, much better then DC comics IMO.

Secret Wars movie would be good. The key would be finding the right actor to play Dr DOOM. Marvel much better than DC.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeagermeister said:
Only when you were younger????? YEAH RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

I have about four boxes full of old comics at my mothers house....have not even looked in them since 88....have not bought a comic book since 88.

One day I will get those boxes out and see if I got anything worth some money.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hoov said:
Secret Wars movie would be good. The key would be finding the right actor to play Dr DOOM. Marvel much better than DC.

I wonder if they will do an avengers movie....I kind of liked Vision although some of the other characters were lame.

Hoov

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
I wonder if they will do an avengers movie....I kind of liked Vision although some of the other characters were lame.

dont know much about the avengers

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
I have about four boxes full of old comics at my mothers house....have not even looked in them since 88....have not bought a comic book since 88.

One day I will get those boxes out and see if I got anything worth some money.
I had a huge box of comics when I was in the service and the day after I left the moving company came and boxed all my stuff up. When I finally get all my stuff they had taken that big box and thrown all my comics in to a box 1/4 the size of the original. I was so pissed when I opened that box.

AceofSpades

Reaction score
Its gonna have to be one hell of a costume if they pull it off...
beast.gif

Payton34Smith22

Reaction score
AmarilloCowboyFan said:
I can definitely see Kelsey as Beast. Lots of makeup of course, but the voice should be right on.

That's what I'm thinking too! I'm a big X-Men fan,I can't wait for this movie!