Xbox One

Shunpike

Reaction score
Hey guys

Me and my kids will pick up Xbox One today from Best Buy. They are still under 10 and I don't want them to play online games. Can they still play the games on CD with 2 controllers without needing Xbox Live?

I am hoping somebody can here help.

Thanks and happy thanksgiving.

Hoss

Reaction score
Hey guys

Me and my kids will pick up Xbox One today from Best Buy. They are still under 10 and I don't want them to play online games. Can they still play the games on CD with 2 controllers without needing Xbox Live?

I am hoping somebody can here help.

Thanks and happy thanksgiving.

yes, they can play the offline campaigns. You can still make an xbox live profile and get the online benefits (Netflix, updates, etc...) for free, you just cant play online multiplayer going the free route

Shunpike

Reaction score
yes, they can play the offline campaigns. You can still make an xbox live profile and get the online benefits (Netflix, updates, etc...) for free, you just cant play online multiplayer going the free route

Thanks Hoss.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was considering one of these, but the lack of backward compatibility is a big no-go, in that I would have trash all of my old titles.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
They can play all the games off line except for anything that's multiplayer. So if they're into like Call of Duty or something like that they can't play the multiplayer part without being online but at 10 years old I'm assuming you're probably not allowing them to do that anyway. :)

Shunpike

Reaction score
They can play all the games off line except for anything that's multiplayer. So if they're into like Call of Duty or something like that they can't play the multiplayer part without being online but at 10 years old I'm assuming you're probably not allowing them to do that anyway. :)

Hi BHF

Yes we already agreed on what games they can play. Minecraft, FIFA 2015, NFL Madden 2015, Forza and Skylander Trap. Getting them all 5 games. I hope they can play against each other in NFL Madden and FIFA.

I am not a gamer. Never played, never will. So can you please tell me if they can play games like these against each other without Live Gold?

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Hi BHF

Yes we already agreed on what games they can play. Minecraft, FIFA 2015, NFL Madden 2015, Forza and Skylander Trap. Getting them all 5 games. I hope they can play against each other in NFL Madden and FIFA.

I am not a gamer. Never played, never will. So can you please tell me if they can play games like these against each other without Live Gold?

They can definitely play each other without Live Gold. Live Gold is really for multiplayer shooters that are generally Mature rated and for deals on games for download made available monthly by Microsoft. They wouldn't be able to play others (friends or strangers) online though which sounds more ideal to your situation.

Shunpike

Reaction score
They can definitely play each other without Live Gold. Live Gold is really for multiplayer shooters that are generally Mature rated and for deals on games for download made available monthly by Microsoft. They wouldn't be able to play others (friends or strangers) online though which sounds more ideal to your situation.

Thanks sir

In fact I gave myself a 3 month ban for guaranteeing a Cowboys victory when the game was 23-10 but at this point I have to break my promise. We just set up the Xbox One but looks like I could introduce only 1 controller. Any good website that can teach me how to do that? Boys want to play Madden but I couldn't do it yet.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Thanks sir

In fact I gave myself a 3 month ban for guaranteeing a Cowboys victory when the game was 23-10 but at this point I have to break my promise. We just set up the Xbox One but looks like I could introduce only 1 controller. Any good website that can teach me how to do that? Boys want to play Madden but I couldn't do it yet.

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/connect-a-wireless-controller

This should help out if you haven't got it hooked up yet.

This is more if there is a hardware problem (hope not)
http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/wireless-controller-disconnects

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
I was considering one of these, but the lack of backward compatibility is a big no-go, in that I would have trash all of my old titles.

Why would you have to throw your xbox 360 out if you got an xbox one?

The Super Nintendo didn't play Nintendo games, this stuff happens and it doesn't mean you just trash the old system because you got the new one.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score

The Super Nintendo didn't play Nintendo games, this stuff happens and it doesn't mean you just trash the old system because you got the new one.

Most definitely, I have a PS4 now but still boot up my 360 regularly. Sometimes you have to get over the "guilt" of playing your last gen system even with the expensive new toy sitting there. That's probably more of it than anything.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I'm not.

I'm simply keeping the Xbox 360 and NOT getting an Xbox One.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You're the one that said you'd have to trash your old games if you got a One, which makes no sense.

I've got one TV that I play games on. I wouldn't have kept the second unit. Been there done that. I still have an old Atari unit up in the attic.