Yahoo: Flozell Adams shows Saints how to tackle Marion Barber

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
By Doug Farrar

Video: http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d81516a05/Marion-Barber-TD

In suffering their first loss of the 2009 season, the New Orleans Saints validated a vulnerability they've had most of the season -- an inability to stop the run, especially when nose tackle Sedrick Ellis(notes) is out of the game as he was against the Dallas Cowboys on Saturday night. Hyper-aggressive running back Marion Barber(notes) gained 62 yards on 17 carries and two touchdowns. It was Barber's three-yard touchdown in the first quarter that was perhaps most interesting -- not for what Barber did, but for how his left tackle, Flozell Adams(notes), reacted.

When you watch the video, check out the excellent celebratory headbutt by Adams, which knocks Barber to the ground. Of course, Adams is no stranger to extracurricular hits -- he's known as perhaps the dirtiest player in the game, and was recently fined $50,000 for pushing New York Giants defensive lineman Justin Tuck(notes) in the back at the end of the first half of their Week 13 loss to the New York Giants. That put Adams' fines at $75,000 for the season. It's not known if the Cowboys will make Adams' wallet any lighter after his hit on Barber -- most likely he'll get a good talking-to from his coaches. "Late hits are for the other guys, Flozell. Not ours. "

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;3161145 said:
By Doug Farrar

Video: http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d81516a05/Marion-Barber-TD

In suffering their first loss of the 2009 season, the New Orleans Saints validated a vulnerability they've had most of the season -- an inability to stop the run, especially when nose tackle Sedrick Ellis(notes) is out of the game as he was against the Dallas Cowboys on Saturday night. Hyper-aggressive running back Marion Barber(notes) gained 62 yards on 17 carries and two touchdowns. It was Barber's three-yard touchdown in the first quarter that was perhaps most interesting -- not for what Barber did, but for how his left tackle, Flozell Adams(notes), reacted.

When you watch the video, check out the excellent celebratory headbutt by Adams, which knocks Barber to the ground. Of course, Adams is no stranger to extracurricular hits -- he's known as perhaps the dirtiest player in the game, and was recently fined $50,000 for pushing New York Giants defensive lineman Justin Tuck(notes) in the back at the end of the first half of their Week 13 loss to the New York Giants. That put Adams' fines at $75,000 for the season. It's not known if the Cowboys will make Adams' wallet any lighter after his hit on Barber -- most likely he'll get a good talking-to from his coaches. "Late hits are for the other guys, Flozell. Not ours. "

Hello I have nothing to contribute. Let me try and continue ripping the Cowboys anywhere I can.

Oh Oh - Let's start w/ Flozell and MB celebrating in the endzone. Oh oh did you know Flozell is dirty and was fined blah blah.

:lmao2: Get over it LOSER

Jenky

Reaction score
That would be hilarious if they fined him for that.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
Jenky;3161155 said:
That would be hilarious if they fined him for that.

I find your post pretty hilarious. Why would it be funny? You seriously would enjoy Flozell getting a fine for that?

See my sig bro

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
Dirtiest player in the game? No way. That award goes to Richie Incognito, by far!

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
Dallas;3161156 said:
I find your post pretty hilarious. Why would it be funny? You seriously would enjoy Flozell getting a fine for that?

See my sig bro

Nice sig.

Flo is the offensive equivalent of Bradie James. Players get hurt celebrating with them, lol.

Jenky

Reaction score
Dallas;3161156 said:

See my sig bro

1) I didn't see it as a big deal, and 2) Has anyone been fined for doing something against a teammate on a celebration?

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;3161192 said:
This team has no accountability if Flo isn't benched. (Yes, that's a joke.)

Edited to not make myself look like an idiot :)

Gibby!

Pom Pom Waving Shill
Reaction score
Its indicative of the GM / Coach and all his staff Shirley...

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Was it Devon Hester who got injured in a Bowl game when his own players mobbed him after a score? Maybe it was a Florida Gator. Can't remember.

Jenky

Reaction score
bbgun;3161307 said:
Was it Devon Hester who got injured in a Bowl game when his own players mobbed him after a score? Maybe it was a Florida Gator. Can't remember.

Ted Ginn?

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
bbgun;3161307 said:

It wasn't like Flo pushed Felix...ducks and leave thread.