Yahoo reports Giants likely to get Edwards

Canadian BoyzFan

Reaction score
Report: Giants likely to get Braylon Edwards

Citing two sources "with knowledge of the negotiations," Yahoo Sports reports that the Giants are expected to trade for Braylon Edwards before the April 25-26 NFL Draft.

"The Giants are going to have to up the offer a bit, but (the Browns) are willing to move him," one of the sources said. "The Giants are motivated." Edwards would be the ideal fit to replace Plaxico Burress at split end in New York. With Robert Royal and David Patten as their top two pass catchers left, however, the Browns' offense would look historically poor on paper. Apr. 14 - 1:42 pm et
Source: Yahoo Sports

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I guess the browns want to gamble on this years draft full of WRs. They got rid of Winslow and now trying to get rid of Edwards.

Canadian BoyzFan

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;2729626 said:
I guess the browns want to gamble on this years draft full of WRs. They got rid of Winslow and now trying to get rid of Edwards.

It's a decent crop.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;2729626 said:

that, or just getting rid of all their malcontents

Monster Heel

Benched
Reaction score
Good news. This means the Giants will be out the market for one of the WRs that slides to the bottom of the first.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
JerryAdvocate;2729632 said:
that, or just getting rid of all their malcontents

Fair to assume that is a combination of the two.

Still that is a lot to gamble on and let's face it, they have not been the guiding light of getting great draft picks since they got back in the league.

dadymat

I'm kind of a Big Deal
Reaction score
i dont get the Browns theory ...with Quinn, Edwards and Winslow they had a possible trio to build around ....all young and very talented.....beef up the O-line and get a couple of decent RBs and they would be set for years......they decide to blow it up and start over....

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;2729635 said:

Still that is a lot to gamble on and let's face it, they have not been the guiding light of getting great draft picks since they got back in the league.

When you are bad and they have been, sometimes you just have to shuffle the deck and re-build. They've changed coaches and thus more picks to allow that coach to get guys who can fit his system makes a lot of sense.

If they trade off both Quinn and Edwards it looks like they trade off their best young talent but they also get a heck of a draft bounty with which to reload.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;2729635 said:

jterrell;2729647 said:
When you are bad and they have been, sometimes you just have to shuffle the deck and re-build. They've changed coaches and thus more picks to allow that coach to get guys who can fit his system makes a lot of sense.

If they trade off both Quinn and Edwards it looks like they trade off their best young talent but they also get a heck of a draft bounty with which to reload.

^^^^what he said, they are obviously rebuilding with the new GM and all that, it's not a good thing to start rebuilding when 2 of your known and best players are malcontents

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
dadymat;2729640 said:
i dont get the Browns theory ...with Quinn, Edwards and Winslow they had a possible trio to build around ....all young and very talented.....beef up the O-line and get a couple of decent RBs and they would be set for years......they decide to blow it up and start over....

How many years could they try to get that team together around those 3 before they lost all value?

Winslow was mad at the team, Edwards numbers dipped considerably in 2008 and Quinn wasn't set as the starter over Derek Anderson.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Monster Heel;2729634 said:
Good news. This means the Giants will be out the market for one of the WRs that slides to the bottom of the first.

I hope those receivers just keep droppin.

3rd round is where I bet a slew of them start going.

Monster Heel

Benched
Reaction score
If Edwards doesn't stop acting like footballs contain nails, whatever the Giants end up giving up for him will make the Cowboys not look like idiots by comparison for trading for "no routes" Williams.

Monster Heel

Benched
Reaction score
CATCH17;2729658 said:
I hope those receivers just keep droppin.

3rd round is where I bet a slew of them start going.

Yeah, I'm not really expecting the TOP TOP type guys to fall that far, but the longer they last, the more likely were are to get a second tier type guy like a Robiske.

Paniolo22

Hawaiian Cowboy
Reaction score
One receiver had more drops than TO, and I'm hoping the Giants give up the farm for him.

arglebargle

Reaction score
The Browns brought in a new GM and Coach, and I guess they decided they'd rather do it with guys they wanted there. They could be looking at a huge number of picks if they move everyone they are rumored to be shopping. Maybe as many as three 1st rounders....

Edwards with the Giants would make it a bit more exciting when we play them.

arglebargle

Reaction score
Monster Heel;2729659 said:
If Edwards doesn't stop acting like footballs contain nails, whatever the Giants end up giving up for him will make the Cowboys not look like idiots by comparison for trading for "no routes" Williams.

If the footballs had nails in them, they'd stick to his hands better than they have....

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Well that doesn't bug me at all. Edwards doesn't scare me, in the least. He's highly over-rated and he's sure to drop 2-4 passes nearly everytime it's a big game.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
To me they should take whatever it's going to take to get Edwards, add a bit to it, and get Boldin. He'd be FAR better without a doubt. Thankfully they won't do this. :)