Yahoo Sports Article: HR record a joke

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
It is a joke. It masks the incredible achievment made by Hank Aaron.

...and the record needs one of these *.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Does Hank Aaron get an * for having played in about 2 seasons worth more games, or having nearly 5 seasons worth of extra at bats?
Keeping with those #'s, if Bonds had as many ABs as Aaron, he'd have approximately 953 HRs. Then everyone would be wondering if he'd reach 1000.

needforspeed

Legend in my spare time
Reaction score
ChldsPlay;1584069 said:
Does Hank Aaron get an * for having played in about 2 seasons worth more games, or having nearly 5 seasons worth of extra at bats?
Keeping with those #'s, if Bonds had as many ABs as Aaron, he'd have approximately 953 HRs. Then everyone would be wondering if he'd reach 1000.

There are no questions surrounding the legitimacy of Aaron's HR record. Shamefully, the same cannot be said of Bonds.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
ChldsPlay;1584069 said:

Your analysis here is shamefully as poor as your taste in film. These two men aren't comparable. Bonds is a disgrace to the sport.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
the steroid thing is funny. in baseball it matters in football people look past it. who's to say emmitt smith wasn't on steroids? what about lawerence taylor? steroids are a part of sports now so accept it

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Who is to say Aaron never took anything? And the book is still out on Bonds. But if you want to throw * around, I think you'd have to give them out for having so many more opportunities. I'm pretty sure Aaron's huge amount of extra opportunities gave him a far greater advantage than anything the alleged steroid use gave Bonds.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
ChldsPlay;1584783 said:
Who is to say Aaron never took anything? And the book is still out on Bonds. But if you want to throw * around, I think you'd have to give them out for having so many more opportunities. I'm pretty sure Aaron's huge amount of extra opportunities gave him a far greater advantage than anything the alleged steroid use gave Bonds.
barry also missed more time due to injury. he only played 14 games 1 year. but don't know how that's hank's fault

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
Barry Bonds is a depolorable person...beyond the steroid issue. The guy sucks.

Anyone questioning HA taking steroids is just ********. Anyone that thinks BB didn't is as well. IMO, of course.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
tomson75;1584843 said:
Barry Bonds is a depolorable person...beyond the steroid issue. The guy sucks.

Anyone questioning HA taking steroids is just ********. Anyone that thinks BB didn't is as well. IMO, of course.

Why is it ******** to question HA on steroids? Or players from any era in which steroids were available? Just because everyone is focusing on the recent era doesn't mean it wasn't around before that.

And why is it such a guarantee that Bonds was using? Because he got bigger later in his career? If that and the fact that someone said he did are the only real basis, then that is ********. Whether or not he sucks as a human being has nothing to do with anything.

Mash

Reaction score
Love me some Barry Bonds....one of the greatest players to play the game.....

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
ChldsPlay;1585172 said:
Why is it ******** to question HA on steroids? Or players from any era in which steroids were available? Just because everyone is focusing on the recent era doesn't mean it wasn't around before that.

And why is it such a guarantee that Bonds was using? Because he got bigger later in his career? If that and the fact that someone said he did are the only real basis, then that is ********. Whether or not he sucks as a human being has nothing to do with anything.

I'm pretty sure most 8 year olds can figure out whats wrong with your logic here...I'll just leave you to it. Enjoy that delusional world of yours.

Him sucking as a human being does have something to do with this. Sports reflect their best players and vice versa in many instances. Having Bonds as a "greatest player to play the game" reflects poorly on MLB.

This last part is only my opinion, obviously, but the first part cannot be argued. Doing so is futile.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
I'm sorry, but it is ignorance to believe a player's ability on the field depends on whether or not they are a nice person. Some of the best players in history in all sports have been some of the worst people.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
ChldsPlay;1585759 said:
I'm sorry, but it is ignorance to believe a player's ability on the field depends on whether or not they are a nice person. Some of the best players in history in all sports have been some of the worst people.

I don't believe that at all...don't believe I said that...if I did, I regress. Him being a complete ****head just adds to my contempt for him. It's that he knows he's guilty, most rational people know he's guilty, but yet he'll get away with it that warrants him being marked. He and OJ should write a "Taking Advantage of Your celebrity for Dummies" book. I can't think about this bum anymore...pisses me off and I can't think clearly.

/rant

carphalen5150

Reaction score
I do find it funny though that people readily think that Bonds used steroids, however you never hear those same people accept that many of the pitchers he faced were using too.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
carphalen5150;1586463 said:
I do find it funny though that people readily think that Bonds used steroids, however you never hear those same people accept that many of the pitchers he faced were using too.
the pitcher who gave up 756 just got back from serving a steroid suspension

carphalen5150

Reaction score
bigbadroy;1586587 said:
the pitcher who gave up 756 just got back from serving a steroid suspension
Oops...

This is the record...people either can or cannot accept it. If they want to slap an asterisk on it, then fine, do it. Seems silly. This whole era has been clouded due to steroid suspicions...not just Bonds.

Mash

Reaction score
Babe Ruth was a ***....so are many other HOF athletes.......and we all know how the media likes to pick on the ones that they dont like.....

Bonds as a player....is without question ...one of the top players ever to play the game....he may be a idiot....a *** with fans or the media....but his play on the field is all that really counts.

We all assume that Barry Bonds has taken steroids....like many others in sports....we will never know who does or who doesnt.....a small percentage probally get caught.......we have all heard on how players beat the system...

Its ashame that now......any player that reaches a significant achievement in sports....the first assumption we have is that it might be tainted because of steroids or other substances.

I dont know if Bonds did or didnt.....as of right now....nothing has be proven that he took steroids knowingly....or any other substances that were illegal and/or against the rules of baseball.

I mean...their already people whispering that A-Rod is juiced up.....because how fast he reached the 500 hr plateau.........should we already convict him because he isnt a media darling?.....even tho...nothing has been proven?

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
Mash;1586869 said:
We all assume that Barry Bonds has taken steroids....like many others in sports....we will never know who does or who doesnt.....a small percentage probally get caught.......we have all heard on how players beat the system...

Its ashame that now......any player that reaches a significant achievement in sports....the first assumption we have is that it might be tainted because of steroids or other substances.

I dont know if Bonds did or didnt.....as of right now....nothing has be proven that he took steroids knowingly....or any other substances that were illegal and/or against the rules of baseball.

Considering the grand jury testimony for Bonds and his personal trainer was leaked several years ago, we know what Bonds took (or at least, looking at prescriptions with his name on them, calendars listing schedules for dosages , etc. the case is very strong against him).

Now, whether he knew that those substances were illegal is still subject to debate, but you would have to be pretty naive to believe he had no idea what he was doing.

Mash

Reaction score
True...

and the facts are against him.....yet nothing has been proven......it just doesnt make sense for Baseball in letting a player reach this achievement if all these facts against the player were true.