Yahoo Sports on If Dak is worth $40 mil

InTheZone

Reaction score
https://sports.yahoo.com/does-dak-prescott-think-worth-235927484.html

Always enjoy reading comments about our team, sometimes good, sometimes bad.

My two favorite so far:

"Dak worth more than Wilson ? On what planet ? Wilson has gone to 2 Superbowls and won one. Dak cannot throw one TD against the Saints, Eagles or Patriots. Dak has everything any QB could ask for, good OL, great RB, 2 1000 yard receivers. He could not take the Cowboys to the playoffs on the weakest division in the NFL. I have seen him miss rb's that are 5 yards from him. He cannot throw deep with any consistent accuracy. He cannot read defenses. He is big, young strong and athletic. But he is an average QB. Ryan Fitzpatrick could have won Dallas the division, as could have probably half the starting QBs in the league. He is not nor will he ever be a franchise QB."

and

"He says he doesn’t want to put a number to it. Well, Cowboys offered $33mil and that number was slapped away. So he’s got a number or else he would’ve signed that contract. And Dak’s going to gut the offense and trickle on down to the defense. That means he won’t get to a SB and Jerry will die without another title."

Sure we have to hope for the best for the team, but when it comes to this QB I just feel like it's apparent what's going to ultimately happen.

Oh yes, in before the "another Dak thread" posts :)

nobody

Reaction score
https://sports.yahoo.com/does-dak-prescott-think-worth-235927484.html

Always enjoy reading comments about our team, sometimes good, sometimes bad.

My two favorite so far:

"Dak worth more than Wilson ? On what planet ? Wilson has gone to 2 Superbowls and won one. Dak cannot throw one TD against the Saints, Eagles or Patriots. Dak has everything any QB could ask for, good OL, great RB, 2 1000 yard receivers. He could not take the Cowboys to the playoffs on the weakest division in the NFL. I have seen him miss rb's that are 5 yards from him. He cannot throw deep with any consistent accuracy. He cannot read defenses. He is big, young strong and athletic. But he is an average QB. Ryan Fitzpatrick could have won Dallas the division, as could have probably half the starting QBs in the league. He is not nor will he ever be a franchise QB."

and

"He says he doesn’t want to put a number to it. Well, Cowboys offered $33mil and that number was slapped away. So he’s got a number or else he would’ve signed that contract. And Dak’s going to gut the offense and trickle on down to the defense. That means he won’t get to a SB and Jerry will die without another title."

Sure we have to hope for the best for the team, but when it comes to this QB I just feel like it's apparent what's going to ultimately happen.

Oh yes, in before the "another Dak thread" posts :)

So you know for a fact it was because of the 33 million and maybe not other things in that contract, like how long it's for, how it's front or back loaded, etc?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Cowboys are the only fools that would pay anything close to 40 Mil for Rayne Dakota. They wont abandon Jerrys teat for the milking

No they aren't.
Many other teams paid their QB's very high contracts at the time, and what have they got for it?

Stafford was paid a very high amount at one time, and we faired far better than they have.
Look at what the Vikings paid Cousins, and look where they are at.
Rivers for the Chargers. There were others.

Just so happen the media and fans are pushing the $40 million rate not the teams. But then the agents lash onto that to drive it up.

InTheZone

Reaction score
So you know for a fact it was because of the 33 million and maybe not other things in that contract, like how long it's for, how it's front or back loaded, etc?
Dak answered with "Something will get done. We’re not going to sit here and put a number on it. Something will happen.” but it is a known fact they didn't sign last year the $33 million offer.

Not putting a number on it means he signs last year, no ifs ands or buts about it. Dak is good at playing the team and others with his words.

InTheZone

Reaction score
Friendly reminder that the $40m number is just an unsubstantiated, unsourced rumor that people here just treat as the gospel truth for no discernible logical reason.
From the article: Kimberley Martin of YahooSports.com asked Prescott if he was worth $40 million annually in a new deal.

Martin spoke directly with Dak...

HungryLion

Reaction score
Dak answered with "Something will get done. We’re not going to sit here and put a number on it. Something will happen.” but it is a known fact they didn't sign last year the $33 million offer.

Not putting a number on it means he signs last year, no ifs ands or buts about it. Dak is good at playing the team and others with his words.

AAV is the dumbest way to evaluate a contract. The guarantees are what matters. That 33 per year report didn’t include the offer of guaranteed money. So the report is worthless.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

I hope whoever wrote that isn't a paid journalist. It reads like stuff I see posted here - feelz galore! :muttley:

sean10mm

Reaction score
From the article: Kimberley Martin of YahooSports.com asked Prescott if he was worth $40 million annually in a new deal.

Right, DAK never said he was worth $40m there, the REPORTER is the one who presented the $40m number.

He basically gave a non-answer in response.

snapper

Reaction score
Whatever he gets paid is what he is worth. All I want is for the Cowboys to get it done.

InTheZone

Reaction score
I hope whoever wrote that isn't a paid journalist. It reads like stuff I see posted here - feelz galore! :muttley:
lol it was a comment on the article, if you go to the bottom you can view them.

shabazz

Reaction score
https://encrypted-tbn0.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcT2H3HoVvJ1f2GYnVP0ciJ-UVFphdyY1FP-xRlj41xF3TBODz-W

JJHLH1

Reaction score
If we couldn’t get to a Super Bowl while Dak was earning a total of less than 1% of the salary cap while winning 40 games, we aren’t going to go now. If that’s the case I’d like to see Dak get as big a contract as he can. Let the market decide. He’s earned it.

Creeper

Reaction score

This is not substantiation of the claim that he wants $40 million. Dak did not answer in the affirmative.