Yahoo's newest 2 rd mock draft

jswalker1981

Fact > Your Opinion
Reaction score
This is John Murphy's sixth mock draft on yahoo.com.

1st Round: Ted Ginn, jr
2nd Round: Aaron Ross

That would work for me!

Doomsday101

Reaction score
jswalker1981;1460688 said:

That would work for me!

I would have no problem at all with these 2 picks. I think Ginn is a game breaker both as a WR and a return man. Ross is a bit of a gambler in coverage but has also come up with some big ints during his time at Texas and has the physical tools that teams look for at that position.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
If Ginn is the pick at #1 I'll puke. Ross at #2 would be great but I can't see him there at that point. I just don't see Ginn as a guy worth that early a pick.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
abersonc;1460761 said:
If Ginn is the pick at #1 I'll puke. Ross at #2 would be great but I can't see him there at that point. I just don't see Ginn as a guy worth that early a pick.
he's too small!

Dcowboy84

Reaction score
I would be fine with those picks.

However i can't see Ross making it to 2nd round. I don't think he makes it out of the 1st, let alone the bottom of the 2nd.

sago1

Reaction score
If I'm drafting a WR in the first round, I would expect him to replace TO in 08 as our #1 WR which means I want either Meacham or Bowe. Ross in the 2nd would be great but doubt he will be there with our 53rd pick. Suspect in that round the best choices fall between CB/DE-OLB/OL.

BTW: I've seen DT Justine Harrell being projected in late first round or early in 2nd. Not knowing much about him, is he a viable NT behind Ferguson?

Wimbo

Reaction score
bigbadroy;1460764 said:
he's too small!

Ginn: 6'00" 180#
Terry Glenn: 5'11" 195#(really?)
Steve Smith: 5'09" 185#
Isaac Bruce: 6'00" 188#
Marvin Harrison: 6'00" 185#

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If someone could guarantee me that I would get both players, I'd be happy to take it.

But I don't see it.

BLT

Reaction score
omg that would be the best draft.. wow i can't even imagine that would happen..

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
BLT;1460789 said:
omg that would be the best draft.. wow i can't even imagine that would happen..

I would love for that to happen.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
abersonc;1460761 said:

yea, we might as well go ahead and say we're going to get joe thomas and robert meacham in the 1st 2 round.

wishfull thinking.

carphalen5150

Reaction score
Dcowboy84;1460767 said:
I would be fine with those picks.

However i can't see Ross making it to 2nd round. I don't think he makes it out of the 1st, let alone the bottom of the 2nd.
Ross could slip though. Depends on when there is a run of CBs. This CB class really has no players that have distinguished themselves over the rest...Hall initially, but he seems to have lost some luster. Ross could get passed over for Houston, McCauley, Wright, Jackson, and Hughes...depends on the team and scheme.

cowboyfan4life_mark

5 outta 8 ain't bad
Reaction score
It seems that whomever did this mock is a Cowboy fan that has drank way to much kool-aid and needs to clean their rose colored glasses. :D

Roughneck

Reaction score
Short & Sweet:

I am a Texas fan.

I am proud to call Aaron Ross a Longhorn.

I do not want to spend our first round pick on Aaron Ross.

Aaron Ross will not be there at pick #53 and I would bet my truck on that.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
carphalen5150;1460806 said:
Ross could slip though. Depends on when there is a run of CBs. This CB class really has no players that have distinguished themselves over the rest...Hall initially, but he seems to have lost some luster. Ross could get passed over for Houston, McCauley, Wright, Jackson, and Hughes...depends on the team and scheme.

unless we trade down, take ginn late in the 1st and have a high 2nd, ross ain't slippin to our current 2nd round pick.

not gonna happen.

Sandyf

Reaction score
Not a Ginn fan, but no way that happens unless we trade up in the second to get Ross. He will not be there at 53, better chance of Spencer being at 53 than Ross.

Personally, I would rather this
22. Aaron Ross CB
53. Anthony Spencer OLB
87. Jacoby Jones WR/KR/PR

jackrussell

Last of the Duke Street Kings
Reaction score
That'd work...especially for Ross...then he wouldn't have to ever worry about keeping up with Ginn again.:eek::

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
jackrussell;1460927 said:
That'd work...especially for Ross...then he wouldn't have to ever worry about keeping up with Ginn again.:eek::

heh - good shot, jack. : )

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
jswalker1981;1460688 said:

That would work for me!

I would take that in a NY second.