Benched
Reaction score
Wimbo;1460778 said:
Ginn: 6'00" 180#
Terry Glenn: 5'11" 195#(really?)
Steve Smith: 5'09" 185#
Isaac Bruce: 6'00" 188#
Marvin Harrison: 6'00" 185#
glenn and smith have been injury prone there whole careers. bruce and especially harrison have played with good qbs who keep them out of danger.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
abersonc;1460761 said:
If Ginn is the pick at #1 I'll puke. Ross at #2 would be great but I can't see him there at that point. I just don't see Ginn as a guy worth that early a pick.

Ditto.

Pabst

Reaction score
I'd like it.

There is an injury concern with Ginn, but getting Ross in the 2nd would be such great value that it would ease my concerns about Ginn.

On Ginn as a stand-alone first-round pick at 22, I'm on the fence. The talent is there, but so is the fragility. I still think Ginn makes the most sense for the Cowboys this year, but I'm not sure he's the long-term answer for a #1 Reciever.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Sandyf;1460918 said:
Not a Ginn fan, but no way that happens unless we trade up in the second to get Ross. He will not be there at 53, better chance of Spencer being at 53 than Ross.

Personally, I would rather this
22. Aaron Ross CB
53. Anthony Spencer OLB
87. Jacoby Jones WR/KR/PR

That's a good draft. I don't know if Spencer will be there at 53 but if so good deal. Jones is an interesting draft. He has speed but I don't know if I'd take that chance on him. He is intriquing tho.

jackrussell

Last of the Duke Street Kings
Reaction score
iceberg;1460931 said:
heh - good shot, jack. : )

I'm here 5 nights a week...bring your friends...and stop by the Tiki Room for our house specialty kalamari on a stick and receive a complimentary coconut grog for 2.
429029.jpg

jackrussell

Reaction score
Pabst;1461196 said:
I'd like it.

There is an injury concern with Ginn, but getting Ross in the 2nd would be such great value that it would ease my concerns about Ginn.

On Ginn as a stand-alone first-round pick at 22, I'm on the fence. The talent is there, but so is the fragility. I still think Ginn makes the most sense for the Cowboys this year, but I'm not sure he's the long-term answer for a #1 Reciever.

Is that French?

8084.jpg

masomenos

Less is more
Reaction score
I've been adamant that Aaron Ross in Rd 1 is a horrible pick...but if he were there in Rd 2 then I'd take him and develop him into a #2 CB. As far as Ginn, I wouldn't complain a whole lot. He could develop into a #2 WR and contribute in the return game and really help the team this year. A guy like Ginn may contribute more than a guy like Bowe or Meachem this year and still give solid production over the course of his career.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
masomenos85;1461538 said:
I've been adamant that Aaron Ross in Rd 1 is a horrible pick...but if he were there in Rd 2 then I'd take him and develop him into a #2 CB. As far as Ginn, I wouldn't complain a whole lot. He could develop into a #2 WR and contribute in the return game and really help the team this year. A guy like Ginn may contribute more than a guy like Bowe or Meachem this year and still give solid production over the course of his career.

Thing I keep hearing about Ginn is he is not a #1 WR? Last time I checked most teams are using at least 2 WR and in the Cowboys system Terry Glenn is just as important to the success of the offense as TO. Now if I can find a guy with the speed and talent of Ginn to take over once Glenn hangs them up his value to the team was well worth the 22nd pick in a draft. I would also add Glenn himself is a former #1 pick as well as being the 7th pick overall people can call him a #2 WR but that does not diminish his value to this team

Cowboys&Caps

Reaction score
bigbadroy;1461150 said:
glenn and smith have been injury prone there whole careers. bruce and especially harrison have played with good qbs who keep them out of danger.

The only way they are injury prone is hamstrings, its not to do with their size but rather their elite bodies, that are being pushed to the limits. What would you have us do draft big slow recievers with loose hamstrings that can't pull because they are sloppy?

Cowboys&Caps

Reaction score
Doomsday101;1461549 said:
Thing I keep hearing about Ginn is he is not a #1 WR? Last time I checked most teams are using at least 2 WR and in the Cowboys system Terry Glenn is just as important to the success of the offense as TO. Now if I can find a guy with the speed and talent of Ginn to take over once Glenn hangs them up his value to the team was well worth the 22nd pick in a draft. I would also add Glenn himself is a former #1 pick as well as being the 7th pick overall people can call him a #2 WR but that does not diminish his value to this team

Well put

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
J.Jones21;1461559 said:
The only way they are injury prone is hamstrings, its not to do with their size but rather their elite bodies, that are being pushed to the limits. What would you have us do draft big slow recievers with loose hamstrings that can't pull because they are sloppy?
kid weighs 180 pounds!! he better put on weight before he gets killed

Doomsday101

Reaction score
bigbadroy;1461588 said:

Like most rookies the NFL trainers will work to add strength and weight to these prospects.

Cowboys&Caps

Reaction score
Yea your right he better put on weight before that 230 lb "hard hitting" safety catches him. :rolleyes:

He isn't gonna be a consistant "over the middle" type of guy like TO is.

He is a "burner", and he is the same weight as all the other "burners"

none of which have been "killed" as you so elegantly put it.

MCowboys

Reaction score
masomenos85;1461538 said:

You can't draft a reciever based on who helps the most year 1. You want the guy who is the most likely to be able to step up and replace TO or Glenn. I would bet that guy is more likely Bowe, Meachem, or Jarrett than Ginn. Thats why I don't feel like Ginn would be that great a pick.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
J.Jones21;1461596 said:
Yea your right he better put on weight before that 230 lb "hard hitting" safety catches him. :rolleyes:

He isn't gonna be a consistant "over the middle" type of guy like TO is.

He is a "burner", and he is the same weight as all the other "burners"

none of which have been "killed" as you so elegantly put it.
you act like "burners" run go route's all game. he's gonna run every route in the playbook

jackrussell

Reaction score
bigbadroy;1461793 said:
you act like "burners" run go route's all game. he's gonna run every route in the playbook

You act like he doesn't run every route in the playbook.

And he does.

diehard2294

America's Team
Reaction score
bigbadroy;1461588 said:
since when does how much you weigh determine your success in the NFL:rolleyes:

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
diehard2231;1461805 said:
since when does how much you weigh determine your success in the NFL:rolleyes:
it does all the time! some guys make up for it and some don't. ginn will get hurt next year just watch. assuming he's healed from celebrating 2 hard with his teammates:lmao:

diehard2294

America's Team
Reaction score
bigbadroy;1461813 said:
it does all the time! some guys make up for it and some don't. ginn will get hurt next year just watch. assuming he's healed from celebrating 2 hard with his teammates:lmao:
not sure what TV you watch on sundays,not really suprised at your second comment