Yall ready for some fun?

Daygoboy6191

Reaction score
And for all 4 of those guys I could go dig up 4 pro bowlers that had pre draft concerns.

Yea I'm sure you could.

But I can tell you our track record isn't good with these situations and can name you 4 in recent memory that has bitten us in the ***.

David Irving
Randy Gregory
Rolando McClain
Greg Hardy

Less of these issues, the better.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Besides Rapp and Abrams which SS’s are you talking about?

Not just limiting to SSs:

Abram
Rapp
Thornhill
Adderley
Thompson
Hooker
Savage

Not saying these guys will all be there but there will be options.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Not just limiting to SSs:

Abram
Rapp
Thornhill
Adderley
Thompson
Hooker
Savage

Not saying these guys will all be there but there will be options.
savage. , Abram and Adderly are my guys. I am happy with any of them.

Sydla

Reaction score
doesn't he have some off the field baggage? PLUS the recent injury,right? I am nervous about that idea at 58.

He is on video hitting a girl. There is a back story there that the girl and Simmons' sister were in a fight after the girl insulted and demeaned a family member who had died. Simmons tried to break up the fight, the girl hit him and Simmons hit her back a couple of times.

Simmons claims he was so upset and he never knew what he did but when he saw the video he was embarrassed and appalled. Doesn't excuse him or make him not culpable but by all indications, this appears to have been a one time thing for him as I don't believe he's had any other issues off the field.

Some scouts have said he's a Top 5 talent. The knee is a slight concern but rarely now do ACL injuries kill the career of a kid.

I'd be all for taking him at 58. He seems like a decent enough kid who made a huge mistake but took responsibility for his actions and he's a primo talent. I suspect he's long gone by our pick though.

bodi

Reaction score
https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/studs-and-duds-reality-vs.-perception-in-a-loaded-dl-class
DUD - Jeffery Simmons, DT, Mississippi State

Simmons is a talented player, no doubt. But we've seen him tumble from a potential top-10 selection to a probably Day 2 selection, given his red tape. There's the assault incident from several years ago, plus the ACL tear he suffered in training...that's a lot of hoops to jump through in order to find your way among the top-32 selections. Simmons' talent? As advertised. His draft status? Not so much.

DUD - Jachai Polite, DE, Florida

We had a fun ride, Jachai. Polite still holds a Second Round grade from me, but his red flags at this point would make me very leery to take him even that high in an actual Draft room. Sure, Polite may come in under NFL mentorship and get his head on straight and crush it. But he never had great tape against the run (in my opinion) and he's now endured the most disastrous pre-draft circuit of the season. Claiming coaches were picking on him at Combine meetings, showing up overweight and testing terribly is a bad way to line teams up to draft you.

Come on up here and don't be shy, Carl Granderson, Oshane Ximines and Jaylon Ferguson. Somewhere along the line, each of these three guys had received hype, even to the degree of top-50 prospects. And yes, the production they've put on the field needs to be acknowledged. They have some tools at their disposal. But each of these three carries a mid-Day 3 grade from me (either Round 5 or Round 6). Upside only takes you so far, especially when it turns out you're not athletic.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
On the clock at 58:

Simmons
Polite
Ferguson

I'll save my vote til' I hear some of yalls...

Polite has question marks about both character and measurables.

Ferguson has extreme questions about measurables.

Simmons has been a model citizen in college.

The knee injury is really the only issue with him. There are no significant questions about his ability or measurables.

His only character issue was getting involved in the fight between his sister and another girl when he was in high school.

He fully accepted blame for the incident and has a squeaky clean behavior record in college.

He has landed on SEC Academic Honor Roll twice. He has participated in all sorts of community service, speaking at camps, schools and serving as a mentor in Macon. He won Mississippi State’s Newsom Award last spring for his work on the field, in the community and the classroom.

reddyuta

Reaction score
I wont touch Polite at all,looks like a quitter and a Me player.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Yea I'm sure you could.

But I can tell you our track record isn't good with these situations and can name you 4 in recent memory that has bitten us in the ***.

David Irving
Randy Gregory
Rolando McClain
Greg Hardy

Less of these issues, the better.

Hard to argue that lol...

cowboyec

Reaction score
I love Jaylon Ferguson but Jeffery Simmons is FAR AND AWAY the best player.
Simmons ALL DAY.