Yankees fans. Hope Cashman has a plan

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
1454924_10152351364436275_586806747356346202_n.jpg

Actually, he looks depressed in that picture. Maybe it's a photo from the future. After elimination from playoffs.

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
Tanaka Shut Down Again:

Yankees starter Masahiro Tanaka will be shut down from throwing because of "general soreness" in his right arm.

The Yankees consider it to be a "minor setback." Tanaka is scheduled to go back to New York to do strengthening exercises at Yankee Stadium.

"I want to be a little bit cautious," Tanaka said. "I haven't been throwing for a number of weeks."

Tanaka, who threw 49 pitches in a simulated game at Comerica Park on Thursday, was slated for another sim game on Tuesday, but his schedule could change after the setback.

"We still have a whole month [left in the season]," Tanaka said. "I'm going to do my best to get back."

Joey Nowak is a reporter for MLB.com. Follow him on Twitter at @joeynowak. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.

Derinyar

Reaction score
Getting shut down for any amount of time pretty much means he's done for the season at this point. The MiLB season is basically over and there's only so many innings available in the AFL and no pitcher is going to get thrown back out without getting at least a rehab start or two under their belt.

Add in that right now it really feels like the Yankees are playing for the the second wild card space. The one hope is the AL West top three beating each other up. Right now i'd probably say the Yankees are the 4th team in the Wild card hunt as far as quality goes.