Yankees fans. Hope Cashman has a plan

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't think they would fire Girardi in the middle of the season.

And I'm doubtful that he's fired at the end of the season if the Yankees do a .500 thing.

If were to blame one party of the Yankees brain trust for this mess it would be the scouts and player development folks who've botched up the Yankee farm system.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Read somewhere that there are rumors. But I havent heard anything. Dont follow the team closely enough to know all the little tidbits.

Yeah right.

And I'm doubtful that he's fired at the end of the season if the Yankees do a .500 thing.

If were to blame one party of the Yankees brain trust for this mess it would be the scouts and player development folks who've botched up the Yankee farm system.

Girardi ain't going nowhere.

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score

Its a group effort. Overpaying for old age players is not the same now with it being harder to beat the system with PED's. I dont know anything about their farm system or scouts, but it has to be part of the equation.

They should really feel fortunate to be doing as well as they have up to this point with that roster. Anything can happen. Look at the Sux last year. That team over achieved by 15-20 games and ended up winning it all. This year is more indicative of that team's performance and where they should be.

Girardi is a world class jerk but how could any sane person expect him to have better results that he has with this roster?

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
It's not Girardi's fault your roster is old as dirt and your pitching staff is getting tattooed.

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Cashman: Masahiro Tanaka has a partially torn ligament in his throwing arm. Will have one PRP injection. Tear is considered small.</p>— Bryan Hoch (@BryanHoch) <a href="">July 11, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Cashman says if rehab goes well, tanaka could be back on mound in 6 weeks.</p>— Daniel Barbarisi (@DanBarbarisi) <a href="">July 11, 2014</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>The reality: Unless he's in the vast minority of players for whom rehab works, Masahiro Tanaka eventually will need Tommy John surgery.</p>— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) <a href="">July 11, 2014</a></blockquote>

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
Stick a fork in the Yanks.

I think both Dylan Bundy and Matt Weiters tried that PRP injection hoping to avoid surgery and all it did was delay the inevitable.

If rehab doesnt work he'll miss next year as well most likely. You gotta feel for the guy.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think both Dylan Bundy and Matt Weiters tried that PRP injection hoping to avoid surgery and all it did was delay the inevitable.

If rehab doesnt work he'll miss next year as well most likely. You gotta feel for the guy.

It's a tough loss, but the Yankees weren't going to be going to the playoffs this year with the guy. And looking at the number of ridiculous contracts they still have, I wasn't feeling giddy about 2015 either.

Oh, all the "right things" will be said, like "We're not giving up" but the reset button needs to be pressed. Let them suck for a couple of years, shed themselves of some of the ridiculous contracts, get a better draft position, rebuild the farm system and get the payroll down to a more manageable level (so they can add reasonable contracts).

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
It's a tough loss, but the Yankees weren't going to be going to the playoffs this year with the guy. And looking at the number of ridiculous contracts they still have, I wasn't feeling giddy about 2015 either.

Oh, all the "right things" will be said, like "We're not giving up" but the reset button needs to be pressed. Let them suck for a couple of years, shed themselves of some of the ridiculous contracts, get a better draft position, rebuild the farm system and get the payroll down to a more manageable level (so they can add reasonable contracts).

Prob have to ride out those contracts since there is no Dodger team to bail them out.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Its a group effort. Overpaying for old age players is not the same now with it being harder to beat the system with PED's. I dont know anything about their farm system or scouts, but it has to be part of the equation.

They should really feel fortunate to be doing as well as they have up to this point with that roster. Anything can happen. Look at the Sux last year. That team over achieved by 15-20 games and ended up winning it all. This year is more indicative of that team's performance and where they should be.

Girardi is a world class jerk but how could any sane person expect him to have better results that he has with this roster?

I think that they are doing, as well as they are, because of their farm system. You always here that they have nobody in the farm system and that's true to an extent, but it's more because they trade those guys for players. I don't think it's really the Farm System as much as it is questionable decisions for trades. The Yankees have lost a ton of pitching this year. The guys that are throwing for them now are out of their farm system. That, to me, says something positive about that part of the organization. Yankees are going to have to suffer a couple of poor seasons to get their cap situation right. We kinda new that a year ago I think. This is just part of that process to me.

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
That's not a surprise.

I wouldn't count on him one iota for next season.

Sabathia has selected Dr. Neal ElAttrache, the Dodgers' team physician, to perform the procedure on Wednesday. Sabathia was also seen by Yankees team physician Dr. Christopher Ahmad and Rangers team physician Dr. Keith Meister before making his decision.

"He'll get it cleaned up and obviously it will end his season," Yankees general manager Brian Cashman said. "Hopefully, next year will be a different story."

Cashman took some solace in that Sabathia is not having microfracture surgery, which the hurler had reached out to friend and NBA star Amar'e Stoudemire about; Cashman described this more as a cleanup of what has been diagnosed to be a knee displaying degenerative cartilage conditions.

"It doesn't mean that's not off the table," Cashman said. "I just think that anyone that looks at that circumstance realizes that it's a bad thing and there is no predictable outcome."

The article is here:

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article/mlb...md=20140718&content_id=85113274&vkey=news_mlb