Twitter: Yards after contact for RBs since 2018

aria

Reaction score
How you gonna make a post like this, then cry when people make posts about Dak? Tired of both the haters and fanboys of Dak and Zeke. Y’all really ain’t have nothing better to do. :laugh:
But apparently you do which is complaining about fans complaining about players. That sure sounds like something better to do.

At least we’re talking about something that is relevant to the team.

Creeper

Reaction score
We can debate how good Zeke is, and talk about the offensive lines, etc., etc., etc. But it is undeniable that he is not playing up to his massive contract. We have seen so many stats and production measurements that demonstrate this.

It was a mistake to draft him (or any running back at #4), and it was a bigger mistake to give in to his contract demands when he was already showing signs of slowing down. Does anyone disagree?

RonnieT24

Reaction score
4 ypc is garbage and loses your team games. Incredibly low bar.

4.5 is the league average.

But yes your thought process is crazy outdated. Hitting home runs incredibly valuable in today's game.

In the Big 12 maybe but not in the NFL. I took every ballcarrier who has toted the rock this season and put it into a spreadsheet.. I came up with 11279 carries for 48885 yards.. a 4.33 average..

That's actually higher than I thought it would be.. but it's being helped along by Qbs like Murray and Jackson both of whom are putting up over 6 ypc.

Also if hitting home runs is so important why is the current biggest home run threat playing (Dalvin Cook) on a team with a 6-7 record? How important can it be? Barkley has been the biggest home run threat beside Cook and Henry and his team is a collective 9-23 with him in the lineup. Where does all this incredible value manifest itself.. since it's certainly not in the win-loss ledger? Is appearances on SportsCenter an official stat?

cnuball21

Reaction score
I’m not surprised...Zeke isn’t the player he used to be and contract makes it that much worse.

He could be in the top 10/15 if this list and I’d still want to move him bc if the contract. You just don’t draft RBs in the top 10...let alone give them monster contracts. Too easy to replace.

kskboys

Reaction score
In the Big 12 maybe but not in the NFL. I took every ballcarrier who has toted the rock this season and put it into a spreadsheet.. I came up with 11279 carries for 48885 yards.. a 4.33 average..

That's actually higher than I thought it would be.. but it's being helped along by Qbs like Murray and Jackson both of whom are putting up over 6 ypc.

Also if hitting home runs is so important why is the current biggest home run threat playing (Dalvin Cook) on a team with a 6-7 record? How important can it be? Barkley has been the biggest home run threat beside Cook and Henry and his team is a collective 9-23 with him in the lineup. Where does all this incredible value manifest itself.. since it's certainly not in the win-loss ledger? Is appearances on SportsCenter an official stat?
I would take any non RB's out of the list.

Little Jr

Reaction score

The fact that there is a even a debate how much difference there is between 4.0ypc or 4.5ypc shows that RBSDM. Lol Out of the top 20 rbs in carries there are only 4 that dont avg at least 4ypc and Zeke is one of them.

Im not sure where you get that Cook is the biggest home run threat in the NFL. There are 7 rbs with more explosive runs than Cook.

ICP

Reaction score
But he’s 2nd in total yards....frankly I don’t give a crap if they are from before contact or after contact as long as he is very productive.

you don’t rank as high in yards as he does if you aren’t a very good rb
He also has 160 more attempts than any other back on the list except Henry so his yardage should be top two

Jipper

Reaction score
Oh really. One of the best. Please tell us what metrics you used to come to that enlightened conclusion.

welcome to the forum Canada; nice thread eh?

well for starters despite the criticism of zeke through 2019 he was one of the top in explosive plays which is plays of 10 yards or more

But let’s be honest, based on your expert opinion there’s probably no stat that’s gonna make you think zeke is still a top 5 back in the nfl.

so what’s the point debating it?

But do you think zeke isn’t a good player or do you think he’s an overpaid good player.....I think he’s overpaid but still a very good player and your delusional if you think pollard would be an upgrade

Canada180

bannedontherun88
Reaction score
welcome to the forum Canada; nice thread eh?

well for starters despite the criticism of zeke through 2019 he was one of the top in explosive plays which is plays of 10 yards or more

But let’s be honest, based on your expert opinion there’s probably no stat that’s gonna make you think zeke is still a top 5 back in the nfl.

so what’s the point debating it?

But do you think zeke isn’t a good player or do you think he’s an overpaid good player.....I think he’s overpaid but still a very good player and your delusional if you think pollard would be an upgrade

Well thank you for the warm welcome . And the "Eh" reference is overdone and stupid. I never say Eh. Well , er, sometimes . Allright I use it a lot. Ok, I use it all the damn time EH.
now that we have that settled lets talk about the thread. I dont think Zeke is a top RB like you espouse. Hell, he has as many fumbles as Td's. Tell me what parameters you employed to determine he is a top rb.
Im not trying to be smart or condescending, I just dont get your math.

Stay cool...Eh

Jipper

Reaction score
Well thank you for the warm welcome . And the "Eh" reference is overdone and stupid. I never say Eh. Well , er, sometimes . Allright I use it a lot. Ok, I use it all the damn time EH.
now that we have that settled lets talk about the thread. I dont think Zeke is a top RB like you espouse. Hell, he has as many fumbles as Td's. Tell me what parameters you employed to determine he is a top rb.

Stay cool...Eh

Well you might not be cool in Canada but your are cool to me.

Stay cool...Eh

dude you have made a friend for life, love the banter and look forward to conversations...watching the polar express with my 6 and 4 year old but will be back later after they go to bed

very good to meet you amigo; that’s ok eh?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Well you might not be cool in Canada but your are cool to me.

dude you have made a friend for life, love the banter and look forward to conversations...watching the polar express with my 6 and 4 year old but will be back later after they go to bed

very good to meet you amigo; that’s ok eh?
"Amigo"?......Wrong border, dude! :laugh: