YB: Five NFL teams that should trade for Robert Griffin III

cowboyschmps3

Reaction score
I've always felt like this is where he would go and he would go on to be pretty good there.

I have to agree that I've told my friends that many times or just anywhere where he can sit back and learn from the veteran QB, I'd just like for it to be here to rub into the deadskin fans.

erod

Reaction score
I can't see RG3 being a positive influence as a backup. I don't think his ego can handle that.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
you're taking a HUGE gamble when he is due 16 mil next season
that kills whatever trade value he may have

Reaction score
Good guy. Decent talent. But I don't think he can process the information required fast enough to succeed as a pocket passer in this league. He can't adjust enough to the stuff coming at him on the field from defenses to react other than just trying to run the ball himself. Similar to Tim Tebow.

I would pass.

Plus there seems to be locker room issues. The o-line has supposedly mutinyed against him. We don't need those type of issues in Dallas.

Picksix

A Work in Progress
Reaction score
you're taking a HUGE gamble when he is due 16 mil next season
that kills whatever trade value he may have

Not fully guaranteed, though. But still, since it's there and a team would end up paying it in a trade, it won't happen. Could wait to see if he gets released. That said, I don't want anything to do with him.

Sydla

Reaction score
This kid is cooked.

I live up in the Philly area and one of their hosts this morning was talking about how he did a show with Lincoln Kennedy and Kennedy had all kinds of stuff to say about RG3. None of it was positive. Said teammates dont like him, he's weird. He doesn't try to engage teammates. He would show up at team dinners with his wife and when they had a team night out at a strip club, he again showed up with his wife and the players found it weird. Said he's too coddle and his family is a problem. His mom and grandmom are at every practice. He also claimed that rumors were that he faked his last concussion because he just wanted out of the game and didn't feel like practicing for a bit.

joseephuss

Reaction score
I can't see RG3 being a positive influence as a backup. I don't think his ego can handle that.

I agree. There is no way he would sit quietly for 2 or 3 years as a backup. I also don't think he could handle the backup duties. The mind frame of a true backup QB is different than that of a starter. It has to be because they don't get the reps a starter does.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Too injury prone at this point. The talent and developmental potential is still there but he is just too fragile to be relied on. Even if he spent the next 2 years sitting on the bench and getting stronger, it's not gonna matter

bark

Reaction score
I think this is a good idea. About a 4th rounder should get it done. As long as it's not the Dallas cowboys that make that trade

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No one is trading for Bob. Does he have the ability? Frankly that is questionable. Does he have the will? No signs of it yet.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
My $$$ is on Buffalo. Rex Ryan and RG3...... what a match made for each other!!!!!

Stryker44

Reaction score
How much do you think we can get for him in a trade? No worse than a low 1st or high 2nd for 2016 I'd say.

maxdallasfan

Reaction score
With proper coaching and some continuity, I think RG3 would be decent.

Look at the mess he's dealt with so far in his career. His arm is a rocket.

I'd take him as our #2 in a heartbeat. He's only 25, so with some grooming.....who knows.