YB: Five NFL teams that should trade for Robert Griffin III

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
With proper coaching and some continuity, I think RG3 would be decent.

Look at the mess he's dealt with so far in his career. His arm is a rocket.

I'd take him as our #2 in a heartbeat. He's only 25, so with some grooming.....who knows.
No. He is a head case.

Eric_Boyer

Reaction score
How much do you think we can get for him in a trade? No worse than a low 1st or high 2nd for 2016 I'd say.

you can't be serious. At best you will get a conditional 5th or 6th round pick, and I think that is overpaying

Reaction score
I lean towards no. Although he would be an immediate backup improvement and possibly an air apparent starter post Romo I think there would be too much down side. I'm thrilled with what I hear on the culture in our locker room and think him in there would bring a negative dynamic. Further, and if the Commanders were even willing to trade him to us, they would probably want a king's ransom so .........NO

Stryker44

Reaction score
you can't be serious. At best you will get a conditional 5th or 6th round pick, and I think that is overpaying

Come on man.

Heisman Trophy Winner

2012 Rookie of the Year Winner

Dude has talent, just have to run the read option frequently with him..

Eric_Boyer

Reaction score
Come on man.

Heisman Trophy Winner

You are delusional.

RG3 is not highly thought of by anyone at this point. Coaches will see him as a distraction. Players find his personality annoying. He is often injured. He has a ridiculously out of touch opinion of himself, has no pocket presence, and his salary is excessive. you couldn't get a ham sandwich for him at this point

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
With proper coaching and some continuity, I think RG3 would be decent.

Look at the mess he's dealt with so far in his career. His arm is a rocket.

I'd take him as our #2 in a heartbeat. He's only 25, so with some grooming.....who knows.

I would take him too. But it would come with conditions if I was fully in charge.

1. Cut your hair. It's time to grow up and you're supposed to be a leader.

2. No more "RGIII" or "GRIFFIN III" on the jersey. You're now Robert Griffin. That's it.

3. You have no shot of earning the starting gig before Tony is ready to retire, so don't even think about it. Be ready if your name is called for injury or garbage time.

4. Study, study, study. Other than taking practice reps, your primarily responsibility should be to be in the film room. Take film home. Put it on your iPad. Put it on your phone. If you're not hanging out with your family or working out, or enjoying a little tiny bit of leisure time, you should be studying our playbook and studying film not only of yourself, but of this offense and our opponents.

5. Keep your mouth shut. You will use coachspeak like everyone else when talking to the media. You are not an individual, you are the backup quarterback for the Dallas Cowboys - that's it. You're part of a team now. Act like it.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
If he would buy into the idea of sitting for a few years and actually learning, he would be idea. He needs to learn how to refine his game and the couple of seasons he would have to allow his body to heal would, IMO, be in his best interests but, I don't see it either. At this point, I believe he will want to go somewhere he has a chance to start. That's not Dallas.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Come on man.

Heisman Trophy Winner

And since 2012 has sucked and been injury prone.

You're not getting anything close to a first or second for this giant Commander mistake.

If you got a sixth you should consider yourselves damn lucky.

Stryker44

Reaction score
You are delusional.

RG3 is not highly thought of by anyone at this point. Coaches will see him as a distraction. Players find his personality annoying. He is often injured. He has a ridiculously out of touch opinion of himself, has no pocket presence, and his salary is excessive. you couldn't get a ham sandwich for him at this point

I see a man who had the Seattle Seahawks down 14-0 before his ACL went in the playoffs.

I see a man who won a division title on one leg in 2012.

Guy SHOULD be better by now. Just got to convince him and bring back the CODE OF THE WARRIOR mentality in him again.

When at his best, he's the best QB in the NFL aside from Brady and Rodgers.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I would take him too. But it would come with conditions if I was fully in charge.

1. Cut your hair. It's time to grow up and you're supposed to be a leader.

2. No more "RGIII" or "GRIFFIN III" on the jersey. You're now Robert Griffin. That's it.

3. You have no shot of earning the starting gig before Tony is ready to retire, so don't even think about it. Be ready if your name is called for injury or garbage time.

4. Study, study, study. Other than taking practice reps, your primarily responsibility should be to be in the film room. Take film home. Put it on your iPad. Put it on your phone. If you're not hanging out with your family or working out, or enjoying a little tiny bit of leisure time, you should be studying our playbook and studying film not only of yourself, but of this offense and our opponents.

5. Keep your mouth shut. You will use coachspeak like everyone else when talking to the media. You are not an individual, you are the backup quarterback for the Dallas Cowboys - that's it. You're part of a team now. Act like it.

I would sign up for this, so fast...

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
If he would buy into the idea of sitting for a few years and actually learning, he would be idea. He needs to learn how to refine his game and the couple of seasons he would have to allow his body to heal would, IMO, be in his best interests but, I don't see it either. At this point, I believe he will want to go somewhere he has a chance to start. That's not Dallas.

Jets.

Eric_Boyer

Reaction score
I see a man who had the Seattle Seahawks down 14-0 before his ACL went in the playoffs.

you saw a team game and a team up 14-0.

I see a man who won a division title on one leg in 2012.

Again, team game.

When at his best, he's the best QB in the NFL aside from Brady and Rodgers.

sure, the 3rd best qb in the league just got benched

DELUSIONAL

At best, you will get a conditional draft pick somewhere in the 5th-7th round, but don't hold your breath.