Yes, drafting Joey Bosa makes sense

waving monkey

Reaction score
Boza has become a rather polarizing prospect in these parts. I'm not sure why that is really. I know recently we've heard questions being raised about his drop off in production his senior year and the fact he was suspended the first game of the 2015 season, but I think those issues may be getting brought up by teams like Miami or Tampa who would love to see him fall to them. For those that say he's not worth the 4th overall pick because he's not talented enough, well, I have to wonder if they haven't watched him play and decided to read the "weaknesses" someone wrote up in a draft profile. I mean, he's being talked about by some like he should only be taken on day two.

Is he the second coming of DeMarcus Ware? Absolutely not. He's a different type of player. He's built to be a LDE in a 4-3 defense. That's another argument for some against drafting him. If he's not a pass rushing RDE, he's not worthy of this high of a draft pick. What's being missed is the fact that he'd have a huge impact for the Cowboys D in several ways even if he does play the left side.

link/http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2016/2/25/11117886/yes-drafting-joey-bosa-makes-sense

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
LDE only. If that's going to help us win more, go for it I guess.

RS12

Reaction score
Mods can just pin the weekly "why does he only have 6 sacks a year thread" it wll save time and duplication.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Not feeling bosa. I think he has bust written all over him. Maybe a 3rd rounder or something but not at 4.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
About as much sense as drafting Greg Ellis #8 overall over Randy Moss without even trading down.

You trade down when you want a certain player and their value doesn't match the pick. For example if Ellis would not have gone until 15 or 20, you trade down, but if Ellis is a top 10 pick, which was more or less his range, you take him if you do not want to deal with Randy Moss' baggage. And Chan Gailey did not want to deal with Moss' baggage and Jerry as he should have, did not force the player on a coach. Now, with the benefit of hindsight, Moss' baggage was actually less than an Irvin's in that he was never suspended for substance abuse, so taking him would have been the right decision, however, no one ever claimed that Ellis was rated higher than Moss.

Bizwah

Reaction score
You trade down when you want a certain player and their value doesn't match the pick. For example if Ellis would not have gone until 15 or 20, you trade down, but if Ellis is a top 10 pick, which was more or less his range, you take him if you do not want to deal with Randy Moss' baggage. And Chan Gailey did not want to deal with Moss' baggage and Jerry as he should have, did not force the player on a coach. Now, with the benefit of hindsight, Moss' baggage was actually less than an Irvin's in that he was never suspended for substance abuse, so taking him would have been the right decision, however, no one ever claimed that Ellis was rated higher than Moss.

Again, not true. Ellis was considered a top ten pick by several pundits. I can remember the East/West Shrine game praising Ellis, a potential top ten pick, for electing to play in the game. Now, Ekuban was a reach.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Again, not true. Ellis was considered a top ten pick by several pundits. I can remember the East/West Shrine game praising Ellis, a potential top ten pick, for electing to play in the game. Now, Ekuban was a reach.

yea, that's what I said. I said *if* Ellis were a top 15 to 20 pick, trade down, but then went on to say his value was more or less top 10. I was literally agreeing with you

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This article was from 2-25. A week and a half ago. So why are we rehashing it again?

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
For the record, I'm only going DE at 4 if there is a JJ Watt impact player available.