CFZ Yes, it was the Giants but that Cowboys team can work in the playoffs

Sydla

Reaction score
They were efficient on O. Dak was sharp (except for that bad pick obviously). Lamb had more than enough help from other WRs with Cooks having a breakout game and Gallup looking a bit more like his old self. Ferguson continues to play well at TE. The defense looked dominant, pass rush was excellent. They even got some production out of Mazi Smith inside. Despite the dumb penalty, Gallimore actually played decently. Bland continues to show he's a legit top flight outside CB in this league. That's a team that can win in January.

The problem is that we've seen this before, where they fool us for a stretch only to start leaking oil come mid to late December and January.

- RZ crap has got to get figured out though. I actually feel way more confident that we can score from the 16 yard than than the 6 yard line at this point.

- Use Dowdle more. He runs harder than Pollard. I get it, they made Pollard their #1 and they are gonna force him the ball but through 10 weeks, it's not worked so maybe time to start using Dowdle more.

- I don't blame Pollard entirely though. There are some coaching issues with this OL. You can't tell me a team what has arguably the best OG combo in the league with a decent OC can't be able to run between the tackles. It's not a talent thing IMO.

Interesting situation is setting up here, Cowboys should still only have 3 losses when the rematch happens with Philly. If Philly beats the Chiefs but loses to San Fran and then loses to us, technically, we'd be in first because we'd have the common games lead over them at that point (but that gets mucked up by the Arizona loss later - that loss is gonna haunt us I believe).

Sydla

Reaction score
How so?

Sydla told me mccarthy is a terrible coach and his scheme is absolutely garbage
"The problem is that we've seen this before, where they fool us for a stretch only to start leaking oil come mid to late December and January."

Simple because as history, including recent history, has shown us what you saw yesterday is often an aberration. Yesterday crystalizes the reality that this team has enough talent to win in January. If they fail, it will likely be because the QB and/or the OC dropped turds again.

GINeric

Reaction score
If the Giants are so bad, why didn't the Bills, Dolphins and 49ers beat them as bad as we did???

The Josh Allen led Bills only managed to muster 14 points vs this lowly, terrible Giants team.

The 49ers, Bills and Dolphins are better teams than the Cowboys, but not one person can explain why the Cowboys put a much worse, historic *** whoopin on the Giants than they were able to.

Haters avoid that question like a plague.

Vandyr

Reaction score
Bro, this is what the Cowboys do. They feast on bad teams and fail to show up against good teams. Everybody gets all excited every time they blow out the worst team in the league and then act shocked when a mediocre to decent team blows their doors off in the next game. It's like a never ending cycle.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
If the Giants are so bad, why didn't the Bills, Dolphins and 49ers beat them as bad as we did???

The Josh Allen led Bills only managed to muster 14 points vs this lowly, terrible Giants team.

The 49ers, Bills and Dolphins are better teams than the Cowboys, but not one person can explain why the Cowboys put a much worse, historic *** whoopin on the Giants than they were able to.

Lol

For one, those teams didnt face Danny Devito.

Second, those Giants teams were much healthier and started Leonard Williams, Darren Waller, Tyrod Taylor, Azeez Oljulari, Daniel Jones, Adoree Jackson etc

Third, this aint college football. None of that matters. We beat the Giants arguably worse on opening week and then proceeded to get undressed by the niners a few weeks later

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Bro, this is what the Cowboys do. They feast on bad teams and fail to show up against good teams. Everybody gets all excited every time they blow out the worst team in the league and then act shocked when a mediocre to decent team blows their doors off in the next game. It's like a never ending cycle.
Will Dak be in the majority in this week's Dak poll?

GINeric

Reaction score
Lol

For one, those teams didnt face Danny Devito.

Second, those Giants teams were much healthier and started Leonard Williams, Darren Waller, Tyrod Taylor, Azeez Oljulari, Daniel Jones, Adoree Jackson etc

Third, this aint college football. None of that matters. We beat the Giants arguably worse on opening week and then proceeded to get undressed by the niners a few weeks later

We trashed the Giants with their complete roster intact.

The Billls, 49ers and Dolphins didn't play the Giants at full strength, so that excuse is out of the window...... And those teams are supposed to be better than us.

Reaction score
This year's running game is actually worse than last years which is an indictment of MM and his OC, where's that freaking power running game with the pulling guards we were supposed to have? Without that running game everything else just wears down and breaks eventually,,, and the cold weather games are coming.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
This year's running game is actually worse than last years which is an indictment of MM and his OC, where's that freaking power running game with the pulling guards we were supposed to have? Without that running game everything else just wears down and breaks eventually,,, and the cold weather games are coming.
Its the back

Pollard isnt an every down back. They made the right move letting Zeke go, but shouldve drafted a back earlier on instead of taking a scrub like schoon

Sydla

Reaction score

LOL. Haters.

The most overused, silly word on this forum.

And the reason why the 49ers are better right now is we played them a few weeks ago and they absolutely embarrassed us. That one seems pretty self-evident.

Sydla

Reaction score
Its the back

Pollard isnt an every down back. They made the right move letting Zeke go, but shouldve drafted a back earlier on instead of taking a scrub like schoon
Ugh. Schoon. What a forced pick.

Compounding the problem is that it looks like they had their TE of the future already on the roster in Ferguson. So basically we used a prime draft pick on a backup TE who at this point, isn't very good.

Continuing the tradition of rocking that 2nd round.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
They were efficient on O. Dak was sharp (except for that bad pick obviously). Lamb had more than enough help from other WRs with Cooks having a breakout game and Gallup looking a bit more like his old self. Ferguson continues to play well at TE. The defense looked dominant, pass rush was excellent. They even got some production out of Mazi Smith inside. Despite the dumb penalty, Gallimore actually played decently. Bland continues to show he's a legit top flight outside CB in this league. That's a team that can win in January.

The problem is that we've seen this before, where they fool us for a stretch only to start leaking oil come mid to late December and January.

- RZ crap has got to get figured out though. I actually feel way more confident that we can score from the 16 yard than than the 6 yard line at this point.

- Use Dowdle more. He runs harder than Pollard. I get it, they made Pollard their #1 and they are gonna force him the ball but through 10 weeks, it's not worked so maybe time to start using Dowdle more.

- I don't blame Pollard entirely though. There are some coaching issues with this OL. You can't tell me a team what has arguably the best OG combo in the league with a decent OC can't be able to run between the tackles. It's not a talent thing IMO.

Interesting situation is setting up here, Cowboys should still only have 3 losses when the rematch happens with Philly. If Philly beats the Chiefs but loses to San Fran and then loses to us, technically, we'd be in first because we'd have the common games lead over them at that point (but that gets mucked up by the Arizona loss later - that loss is gonna haunt us I believe).
Can they pass protect that well consistently? Thats something that is going to haunt us against good teams and the playoffs just like last week. If we have an achilles heal, it will be that. Good thing is Giants can bring some smoke of the QB, so pass pro isnt a "beating up on a bad unit thing" Hope Steele has turned a corner. Thats the real trouble spot of he hasnt

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Its the back

Pollard hasnt been terrible. Just not what he has been in past. Just a bit under 4.0 a carry. Not great, but could be worse. I think after this game you will see more Dowdle, which could increase Pollards effectiveness

McKDaddy

Reaction score
They didn't play this ensemble of players. Nor were they necessarily the best version of themselves when they played the Giants. It's really not that difficult to understand.

Majic

Reaction score

I'm not reading anything into the game. Like you said we've seen this before. All this proves is the Cowboys are a good team. It's not enough, they need to be a great team.

Forget about winning the division for now. Just look at the Eagles last 3 fixtures 1) NYG 2) ARZ 3) @ NYG. All 3 games will be against tanking opposition. So for Cowboys to win division they have to have a better record/tiebreaks after Week 15 @ Buffalo and then win remaining 3 games. A huge ask.

GINeric

Reaction score
They didn't play this ensemble of players. Nor were they necessarily the best version of themselves when they played the Giants. It's really not that difficult to understand.

We played a more complete version of the Giants than the Bills, 49ers and Dolphins when we destroyed them week one.

We haven't been the best version of ourselves in games, but we don't get to use that excuse. It's strange how that's used for other teams that played a worse version of a team that we destroyed at full strength.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
I think higher of Dak's game in last week's loss against the Eagles than against this circus that came to town yesterday. Your granny would have won against those Giants. So yes, it was fun, but no, this had nothing to do with anything happening in January. We had games like these ever since 2016. Yes, we all know they can beat up the little kids. Heck if it was for me the Giants would have had to pay admission like anyone else in the stands since they weren't bringing an NFL team yesterday.

Last edited: