CFZ Yes, it was the Giants but that Cowboys team can work in the playoffs

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
LOL. Haters.

The most overused, silly word on this forum.

And the reason why the 49ers are better right now is we played them a few weeks ago and they absolutely embarrassed us. That one seems pretty self-evident.
Everyone that uses the word is a Hypocrite to boot, since the word is used exclusively for those who don't believe in the QB. But the same people who call others Haters have no problems criticizing any other member of the team and often throw a bunch of them under the bus for the benefit of one player.

GINeric

Reaction score
LOL. Haters.

The most overused, silly word on this forum.

And the reason why the 49ers are better right now is we played them a few weeks ago and they absolutely embarrassed us. That one seems pretty self-evident.

Everyone knows that. But the question is, why didn't the better teams like the 49ers, Bills and Dolphins fail to destroy the Giants the way we did. They're better teams than us, correct??

So please try to stick to the original question asked this time. Deflecting is for the weak.

Creeper

Reaction score
They were efficient on O. Dak was sharp (except for that bad pick obviously). Lamb had more than enough help from other WRs with Cooks having a breakout game and Gallup looking a bit more like his old self. Ferguson continues to play well at TE. The defense looked dominant, pass rush was excellent. They even got some production out of Mazi Smith inside. Despite the dumb penalty, Gallimore actually played decently. Bland continues to show he's a legit top flight outside CB in this league. That's a team that can win in January.

The problem is that we've seen this before, where they fool us for a stretch only to start leaking oil come mid to late December and January.

- RZ crap has got to get figured out though. I actually feel way more confident that we can score from the 16 yard than than the 6 yard line at this point.

- Use Dowdle more. He runs harder than Pollard. I get it, they made Pollard their #1 and they are gonna force him the ball but through 10 weeks, it's not worked so maybe time to start using Dowdle more.

- I don't blame Pollard entirely though. There are some coaching issues with this OL. You can't tell me a team what has arguably the best OG combo in the league with a decent OC can't be able to run between the tackles. It's not a talent thing IMO.

Interesting situation is setting up here, Cowboys should still only have 3 losses when the rematch happens with Philly. If Philly beats the Chiefs but loses to San Fran and then loses to us, technically, we'd be in first because we'd have the common games lead over them at that point (but that gets mucked up by the Arizona loss later - that loss is gonna haunt us I believe).
I saw Biadasz get absolutely steamrolled a few times yesterday. On one play he was backpedaled so fast into the pocket I thought he was rushing the passer!

Martin is not the same Zack Martin we are used to either. But the biggest problem is when they pull a lineman to the point of attack, whoever it is is not getting the job done. Either he misses the block or his block is soft. The OL looks nothing like it did in the past. There is nothing they can do about it this season but in the offseason they need to do something about the guy in the middle. Then they need to make sure Steele gets back to what he was last year. An offseason of work may make Bass into a decent OG to backup Martin. I never thought I would say this about the Cowboys starting 5 but they could be the weak link on this team.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
We played a more complete version of the Giants than the Bills, 49ers and Dolphins when we destroyed them week one.

We haven't been the best version of ourselves in games, but we don't get to use that excuse. It's strange how that's used for other teams that played a worse version of a team that we destroyed at full strength.
You started off talking about yesterday's performance. Yesterday's performance was against a QB less, that traded away players & have realized their season is a complete failure. Those other teams faced more than that.

If you wanna talk about the first game, then yeah we at least played a more complete team. But it was still a game where a lot went right for us early and snowballed from there.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
It's always "just the <insert team>" when Dallas beats them. When other teams beat lowly teams, it's exactly what they're supposed to do. It's funny that even our fanbase is starting to dispatch this narrative. They were still an NFL team that just happened to be on our schedule.

Yeah, I get it, our history. I know. It's OK to enjoy this spanking of the Giants though.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
It’s really important for the team to minimize this victory. That was a college football level performance from the Gnats yesterday. Half that team has given up.

Sydla

Reaction score
Yep, he said McCarthy is crap and needs to be gone, and maybe dak too, but he still likes him. Dang now Super Bowl?
Let's be clear what I said.

I said that if this season ends like previous ones, and the OC and QB are factors in another early crap out, they should both be replaced. There's no point in repeating this over again in 2024. If this team fails to make a run, blow it up, at least on offense, and start over.

My point in this thread was the team that showed up yesterday clearly has the talent to make a run in January. But as my second paragraph notes, we've seen this before where they then spit the bit at some point. If that happens again, it will likely be because the OC sucked and/or the QB spit up in the playoffs. Would seem epically stupid to re-up the QB and keep the OC/HC who once again failed to deliver in the postseason.

Sydla

Reaction score
Everyone knows that. But the question is, why didn't the better teams like the 49ers, Bills and Dolphins fail to destroy the Giants the way we did. They're better teams than us, correct??

So please try to stick to the original question asked this time. Deflecting is for the weak.
Because sometimes, teams have an off week. We got smacked by Arizona with a backup QB who basically everyone else is beating (the Giants beat them for chrissakes).

Hence why trying these lame one game comparisons doesn't work.

Pug4366

Reaction score
If the Giants are so bad, why didn't the Bills, Dolphins and 49ers beat them as bad as we did???

The Josh Allen led Bills only managed to muster 14 points vs this lowly, terrible Giants team.

The 49ers, Bills and Dolphins are better teams than the Cowboys, but not one person can explain why the Cowboys put a much worse, historic *** whoopin on the Giants than they were able to.

Haters avoid that question like a plague.
In that case we should of beaten 49ers.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
They did exactly what they should have done against an inferior opponent. The offense is looking better since SF for sure— but they have to beat a good opponent to start to change the narrative

GINeric

Reaction score
Because sometimes, teams have an off week. We got smacked by Arizona with a backup QB who basically everyone else is beating (the Giants beat them for chrissakes).

Hence why trying these lame one game comparisons doesn't work.

It's not a one game comparison..... we did it twice.

I noticed you mentioned the "off week" excuse. Dallas had off weeks too before, correct?

GINeric

Reaction score
You started off talking about yesterday's performance. Yesterday's performance was against a QB less, that traded away players & have realized their season is a complete failure. Those other teams faced more than that.

If you wanna talk about the first game, then yeah we at least played a more complete team. But it was still a game where a lot went right for us early and snowballed from there.

We forced things to go right for us in that first game. It didn't just miraculously happen by accident.

Ken

Reaction score
Lol

For one, those teams didnt face Danny Devito.

Second, those Giants teams were much healthier and started Leonard Williams, Darren Waller, Tyrod Taylor, Azeez Oljulari, Daniel Jones, Adoree Jackson etc

Third, this aint college football. None of that matters. We beat the Giants arguably worse on opening week and then proceeded to get undressed by the niners a few weeks later
Danny Devito scored more points vs us than Danny Dippy did.

I actually see no difference in their play. That is how bad Dippy is...imo.

Sydla

Reaction score
It's not a one game comparison..... we did it twice.

I noticed you mentioned the "off week" excuse. Dallas had off weeks too before, correct?
I noticed you keep ignoring all the people telling you how you are wrong.

Again, so what if the 49ers didn't beat the Giants as bad as we did. THEY ****** DESTROYED US. I mean it was a stone cold murder in prime time.

Are you seriously wonderingr why the 49ers are considered a better team than us based off the Giants' results? LOL.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
If the Giants are so bad, why didn't the Bills, Dolphins and 49ers beat them as bad as we did???

The Josh Allen led Bills only managed to muster 14 points vs this lowly, terrible Giants team.

The 49ers, Bills and Dolphins are better teams than the Cowboys, but not one person can explain why the Cowboys put a much worse, historic *** whoopin on the Giants than they were able to.

Haters avoid that question like a plague.
Did those Giants Teams have Danny Dimes at QB?
The Giants QB Sunday was CFL quality.