Yes, we have three soloists and 2 purses

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Dak is out. Sorry.
With Amari and Zeke, we could have a free agent signee like Case Keenum, Ryan Fitzpatrick or Joe Flacco drive the bus. The way this team is assembled right now, and elite quarterback puts us into the Super Bowl for sure. Even with a bus driver, we have a good chance of getting there.

Flacco is the only one who has done it and if you go back and look at what he did during that SB run he was not a bus driver. The myth is the Ravens defense won that SB. That was true in 2000, but not in Flacco's win. The Ravens scored 124 points in their four 2012 playoff wins - that's 31 ppg. Flacco fired 11 TD passes and 0 INTs while averaging 285 ypg.

The notion that Keenum or Fitzpatrick could win a SB with the Cowboys roster is laughable.

ShortRound

Reaction score
Flacco is the only one who has done it and if you go back and look at what he did during that SB run he was not a bus driver. The myth is the Ravens defense won that SB. That was true in 2000, but not in Flacco's win. The Ravens scored 124 points in their four 2012 playoff wins - that's 31 ppg. Flacco fired 11 TD passes and 0 INTs while averaging 285 ypg.

The notion that Keenum or Fitzpatrick could win a SB with the Cowboys roster is laughable.

Flacco did pretty well in that SB run.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
This is going to be unpopular but I would move Amari if one of the three has to go. Amari was necessary last year because we had zero talent (speed) at WR. Cobb May lessen the need for Amari and we have a couple of burners at WR now.

The plan we started with last year might actually work now that the Beasley limitations have been removed. He was too one dimensional.

We have some talent at WR. The Johnson kid could stick around. Sounds like he’s making a push.

Now, now. Let's not be rash!
Amari expendable?
As our forum mates have reminded us, we burned a No. 1 for Amari and then he stepped up big time!
Usually We look upon you as an wise, August forum man.not today. Snap out of this opium dream! I command you!

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Sign Cooper now.

Let Dak play out this year and then make a long term decision after seeing him play in Moore’s offense.

Let Zeke play out his option year and then tag him, twice if you must, then let him walk.
I have rarely admired you as much as I do today!
Men, read what Sydla wrote, applaud him for speaking the truth!

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Mates, hardy workaday oafs and contractors, today I ask, for general discussion, about priorities.

Yes.

Amari seeks riches.
Dak seeks riches.
Zeke seeks riches.

If you of thee Cowboys Fan Realm have 2 purses, to which of the 3 superstars would you throw? Which gladiators of the unfrozen tundra would you pick?

I would like to know how you rate these players in terms of riches.

2 are in.
1 is out.

Amari, Dak or Zeke?

Mine is Amari, Dak, Zeke, in that order.

Be ruthless, be practical, be fair.
Amari, Dak and Zeke.

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
Sign Cooper now.

Let Dak play out this year and then make a long term decision after seeing him play in Moore’s offense.

Let Zeke play out his option year and then tag him, twice if you must, then let him walk.

I like this plan! (but I doubt Zeke will just go along with it)

How much more expensive, if any, would it be for the team to just sign Zeke to a 3 year extension vs. tagging him twice?

Sydla

Reaction score
I like this plan! (but I doubt Zeke will just go along with it)

How much more expensive, if any, would it be for the team to just sign Zeke to a 3 year extension vs. tagging him twice?

I don’t think he’d take a three year extension. He’d want a longer term deal most likely.

HungryLion

Reaction score
The team can afford to pay all 3.

They probably will pay all 3.

tyke1doe

Reaction score

I didn't say win. I said get us there.
Flacco is now a bus driver. He may not have been during his Super Bowl run, but he is now.
Fitzpatrick was thrust into a passing role, a bomb's away quarterback. The Bucs didn't have a running attack to protect him. I think he's experienced enough that if he were teamed with this running back, these receivers and this offensive line, he could be successful.
Keenum got to a NFC Championship with the Vikings, whose running backs, receivers and offensive line weren't clearly as good as the Cowboys'.
So it's laughable to think he could get the Cowboys to the Super Bowl with a better offense and possibly a better defense? :huh:

Einstein

Reaction score
Everyone keeps saying the RB's have a short shelf life, but what about the ones that don't? AP seems to still be playing at a high level and has for most if not all of his career, so what if Zeke is the next AP and can play at a high level for the next 10 years? You really want to see him running for the 'skins or e-gals after we let him go? I think all three get paid personally, but get the question. Just don't think it is worth answering since I think management figures out how to pay all three...

GenoT

Reaction score
Mates, hardy workaday oafs and contractors, today I ask, for general discussion, about priorities.

Yes.

Amari seeks riches.
Dak seeks riches.
Zeke seeks riches.

If you of thee Cowboys Fan Realm have 2 purses, to which of the 3 superstars would you throw? Which gladiators of the unfrozen tundra would you pick?

2 are in.
1 is out.

Amari, Dak or Zeke?

Stick to your staples, pal...

Bangers and mash, wife-beater Pilsner (you know the brand, eh?) and various butties.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score

Yes.

Amari seeks riches.
Dak seeks riches.
Zeke seeks riches.

2 are in.
1 is out.

Amari, Dak or Zeke?

After such food and beverages are consumed, this followed by a healthy exit of thundering proportions via the cycloptic brown eye, we shall exalt Dak and Amari of thee which will cry out for the best RB in all of football, Zeke!

We shall have our triplets, and full bellies, unless you partake in Metamucil!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well, there's the latter day triplets only when we had the other three, the game was totally different. It was a more RB dependent game and if it was still that, I would put Elliott in the top 2 but it isn't and isn't going to return to that, the owners will make certain of that.

Can't have triplets in the top 5 paid and field a decent team, not when we see the escalating salaries of pass rushers and just wait until these two LB's are up, we will see Cowboys records with what they make. Can't pay everybody and I haven't even mentioned that OL. If you're going to have a top 5 paid OL, why in the hell have a top 3 paid RB?

Ya know, I do this a lot, I realize, but there's only one guy that has figured this out so what would Belichick do? Any GM has to guard that reserve and they start paying QB 30M, RB 15M, WR 16M and DE 21M and that right there is a recipe for picking high in the draft. Belichick wouldn't pay any of those 4 positions that, let alone all 4 on one team.

I would have added one to that group with Lord Byron. Hate to say it but look where Belichick puts his money, it's not in RB's, his formula is a simple one with the how he spends his money, it's the who that gets tricky. He's all about that OL and secondary and depends on the first contract guys for the DL. If you've watched him as I have, he is all about getting one position right and he'll draft them, trade for them or get them through FA. After QB and OL, he's all about the CB's. Because he knows if he has two stellar ones, and he does, he can get by without a stellar and expensive DL. Have you even noticed how the Patriot passing game is set up to attack the exact D he runs? He's all about shutting down the WR's and making the QB hold the ball, exactly what his QB doesn't do. Because when he does, he's not nearly as effective.

Prescott and Cooper are givens, Jones would be too if I'm calling the shots. I can get a good RB anytime. And good is good enough, don't need a great one, Murray wasn't a great RB. Ran through the holes to daylight, a lot of backs can do that.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Yes.

Amari seeks riches.
Dak seeks riches.
Zeke seeks riches.

2 are in.
1 is out.

Amari, Dak or Zeke?

Prescott most definitely first for me.

Flamma

Reaction score
I can't make this call because I believe losing any of the three at this moment in time knocks us out of championship contention.

Zeke would be the easiest to replace, but no way do they replace his talent.

Cooper would be nearly impossible to replace. He diverts enough attention towards him that it opens up others.

Dak. Dallas has a small window of opportunity over the next few years. I don't see an alternative to Dak in that time frame.

So how am I supposed to pick two and drop one? Drop Zeke and hope to find someone good? Zeke is a play maker and Dak isn't Joe Montana. He needs that kind of RB in my opinion.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I can't make this call because I believe losing any of the three at this moment in time knocks us out of championship contention.

Zeke would be the easiest to replace, but no way do they replace his talent.

Cooper would be nearly impossible to replace. He diverts enough attention towards him that it opens up others.

Dak. Dallas has a small window of opportunity over the next few years. I don't see an alternative to Dak in that time frame.

So how am I supposed to pick two and drop one? Drop Zeke and hope to find someone good? Zeke is a play maker and Dak isn't Joe Montana. He needs that kind of RB in my opinion.
One thing we must always keep in mind when thinking that a player like Zeke is “irreplaceable”- With Zeke for 2.6 seasons, we have one playoff win. Obviously he’s a big part of whatever success we’ve had but teams that win deep in the playoffs are usually the best TEAMS, not the best collection of stars. And despite Zeke’s talent, an NFL RBs effectiveness usually doesn’t last longer than a teenage dating relationship. In today’s NFL economy, building a team around a RB is just not smart. You can win a championship with an average RB as has been proven many times.

Put it this way. If the goal is to win a championship, don’t sign a RB to a giant deal. If the goal is to sell jerseys and keep fans happy, sign Zeke long term.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Amari - game changer.
Zeke - Top 3 RB, still has room to grow.

Dak - would like to keep, but that's not this game. 2020 draft may have 10+ draftable QBs (1st-4th round)...some young guy could step into a dream scenario.
2020 draft is going to be like every other draft. A bunch of busts as quarterbacks lol.

Flamma

Reaction score
One thing we must always keep in mind when thinking that a player like Zeke is “irreplaceable”- With Zeke for 2.6 seasons, we have one playoff win. Obviously he’s a big part of whatever success we’ve had but teams that win deep in the playoffs are usually the best TEAMS, not the best collection of stars. And despite Zeke’s talent, an NFL RBs effectiveness usually doesn’t last longer than a teenage dating relationship. In today’s NFL economy, building a team around a RB is just not smart. You can win a championship with an average RB as has been proven many times.

Put it this way. If the goal is to win a championship, don’t sign a RB to a giant deal. If the goal is to sell jerseys and keep fans happy, sign Zeke long term.

All valid points, but, can the Cowboys win a championship with an average RB? And what does building a team around a RB even mean anymore? You simply use your best assets on offense to score. Replacing Zeke with inferior talent is a net loss. At some point you want to make up for that loss someplace else. This could be players or scheme. But I agree with you that giving him a monster contract at the expense of more important positions would be a mistake. But we have him for 5 years. Let's make the best of it while he's here.