Yet another take on Urban Meyer

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
darthseinfeld said:
The pinnacle for any coaching is going to be winning at the pro level
Thank.

You.

It's crazy how many football fans miss this.

These guys have goals and huge egos. Urban has had conversations about winning at the next level.

All of the great coaches do. A part of Nick Saban hates that he "failed" with the Dolphins.

Dabo Swinney has thought about it.

They may not end up making the jump, but they all wonder what it would be and if their style, ideas, mentality, etc. would be successful at the NFL.

"thank you"? Wow...you take booty licking so smoothly!! But you couldn't be more wrong. Many people just got done saying who some great college coaches got their butts handed to them in the pros. And back to college coaching. They most certainly do NOT "all wonder what they can do in the pros". How did you even come by that you just made it up and expect people to believe it? SO many college coaches are happy to stay in college...and I bet Urban is one of them. A few that do make the jump regret it. "thought about" isn't even CLOSE to "doing".

Coaching a college machine, as 99% in charge, at Ohio State had him doubled over half the game....you think he;s gonna do Dallas or any pro team? Mkay....

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
darthseinfeld said:
The pinnacle for any coaching is going to be winning at the pro level

"thank you"? Wow...you take booty licking so smoothly!! But you couldn't be more wrong. Many people just got done saying who some great college coaches got their butts handed to them in the pros. And back to college coaching. They most certainly do NOT "all wonder what they can do in the pros". How did you even come by that you just made it up and expect people to believe it? SO many college coaches are happy to stay in college...and I bet Urban is one of them. A few that do make the jump regret it. "thought about" isn't even CLOSE to "doing".

Coaching a college machine, as 99% in charge, at Ohio State had him doubled over half the game....you think he;s gonna do Dallas or any pro team? Mkay....

Urban has literally said he would consider the Cowboys job if they called.

Nick Saban won a national championship at LSU and went to the Dolphins.

You have no clue what you are talking about.

If your argument is that some coaches are content in college? Yes, that's not really a grown up argument is it? It's the idea that great college coaches wouldn't consider it.

Richmond Cowboy

Reaction score
This is a great point, and an excellent pull factor from Meyer's perspective.

It also gives the Jones's a 3-4 year window with which they can find and groom the second coming they thought Garrett would be. Not that they'll ever find that person, but that will absolutely be logic/spin the Jones's will use
Garrett will stay on as Meyer’s assistant HC.

GMO415

Reaction score
For those that believe Jerry does want to lose credit for any success we have, hiring Meyer could be mutually beneficial

Meyer is known for moving around. He has had health problems, and coaching in a place long term is unlikely. Where a Dallas job would be attractive to him is that he is getting a team with a playoff caliber roster. There is not a rebuild situation. This is a situation where the FO is looking for someone to maximize the roster.

On flip side, the Jones are still able to take credit for assembling the roster. If Meyer is able to come here and win, it would be mostly with players that he inherited.
Anyone who walks in here after JG, inherited a talented team....

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
@darthseinfeld

You have to be the most rumor consumed poster around here and you just do your damnedest to spread these rumors like a virus.

JeffInDC

Reaction score
The irony of the mention of Meyer coming here? 2 of his former assistants were recently let go of their college gigs - his former OC (Adazzio) and DC (Strong) from the Florida days. So, it does look like he’s more than likely be able to put a staff together rather quick.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
@darthseinfeld

You have to be the most rumor consumed poster around here and you just do your damnedest to spread these rumors like a virus.
Lol oh I am now. Because I posted I linked an article that may have been speculative. Now I have a long track record of being a rumor mongerer.

Or is that I told you before I would block you if tried to engage in another of your pantented weak bait attempts, and you got on your knees and apologized. If you are gonna troll, you need a back bone. Im blocking you now. Ive never seen the faintest strain of value to any of your posts, so there is no need to be aware of you. If you care to respond then IM me.

Last edited:

yimyammer

Reaction score
For those that believe Jerry does want to lose credit for any success we have, hiring Meyer could be mutually beneficial

Meyer is known for moving around. He has had health problems, and coaching in a place long term is unlikely. Where a Dallas job would be attractive to him is that he is getting a team with a playoff caliber roster. There is not a rebuild situation. This is a situation where the FO is looking for someone to maximize the roster.

On flip side, the Jones are still able to take credit for assembling the roster. If Meyer is able to come here and win, it would be mostly with players that he inherited.

What!?!?

Jerry's never worried about credit

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Lol oh I am now. Because I posted I linked an article that may have been speculative. Now I have a long track record of being a rumor mongerer.

Or is that I told you before I would block you if tried to engage in another of your pantented weak bait attempts, and you got on your knees and apologized. If you are gonna troll, you need a back bone. Im blocking you now. Ive never seen the faintest strain of value to any of your posts, so there is no need to be aware of you. If you care to respond then IM me.
I lay down the truth about the way you love to spread rumors and it hurts you so bad you bail. Guess what? That's okay with me because what I have to say about you is not to you, it's to everyone else that reads these pages.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I lay down the truth about the way you love to spread rumors and it hurts you so bad you bail. Guess what? That's okay with me because what I have to say about you is not to you, it's to everyone else that reads these pages.
If you that makes you feel better then cool. Im fairly you didnt expose anything and you arent rallying posters to your cause. I asked you to IM me instead of responding so I could go ahead and block your posts since im not sure if you can message me while you are block. Good to see you are man enough to respect someones wishes

Im just wasting time with you. You offer no insight, and you when you attempt to offer insight its comically bad almost to the point of assumed hyperbole. Maybe your an intelligent person in real life, I dont know. But here you do nothing but troll. And considercon you got your report button taken away, the assumption would you troll and then run to the mods. Thats truely pathetic.

And now ba bye

Last edited:

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
If you that makes you feel better then cool. Im fairly you didnt expose anything and you arent rallying posters to your cause. I asked you to IM me instead of responding so I could go ahead and block your posts since im not sure if you can message me while you are block. Good to see you are man enough to respect someones wishes

Im just wasting time with you. You offer no insight, and you when you attempt to offer insight its comically bad almost to the point of assumed hyperbole. Maybe your an intelligent person in real life, I dont know. But here you do nothing but troll. And considercon you got your report button taken away, the assumption would you troll and then run to the mods. Thats truely pathetic.
That's your mistake to assume my IM works... newsflash, it's turned off. I can tell I'm getting to you because you have so many grammatical errors in your posts. I counted at least 13. Either that or you just haven't mastered the written English word. Like I said before, I have nothing to say to you, just about you, so ignore me all you want. I'm still going to write about you when you do the stuff you do.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
That's your mistake to assume my IM works... newsflash, it's turned off. I can tell I'm getting to you because you have so many grammatical errors in your posts. I counted at least 13. Either that or you just haven't mastered the written English word. Like I said before, I have nothing to say to you, just about you, so ignore me all you want. I'm still going to write about you when you do the stuff you do.
"Getting to someone" is not something grown men should be proud of.

You can say all you want about me. Thats actually good for me. You no credibility here at all

Last edited:

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Dude you got to me a long time ago. Do you remember me threatening to block you? Thats not something grown men should be proud of.

You can say all you want about me. Thats actually good for me. You no credibility here at all
Credibility? You are the one in the rumor mill business. lol, You have to have credibility if you want to knock someone else's. You have none. You've been saying you are going to block me but here you are still replying to my every post. Oh, btw, I counted more grammatical errors by you. I've really got you shook up. Was that good for you?

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Credibility? You are the one in the rumor mill business. lol, You have to have credibility if you want to knock someone else's. You have none. You've been saying you are going to block me but here you are still replying to my every post. Oh, btw, I counted more grammatical errors by you. I've really got you shook up. Was that good for you?
Im having too much fun letting you spend your few remaining days counting grammer errors on the internet to block you yet

I will be soon though

gmoney112

Reaction score
Who's the last college coach to move to HC immediately in the NFL and have playoff success?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Im having too much fun letting you spend your few remaining days counting grammer errors on the internet to block you yet

I will be soon though
As if you don't have a grasp of the written English language. It's hard not to notice. If inflicting your poor grammar is entertaining to you when others notice it then you have a lifetime of fun to look forward to. Just keep posting. :thumbup: