Yet another take on Urban Meyer

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
As if you don't have a grasp of the written English language. It's hard not to notice. If inflicting your poor grammar is entertaining to you when others notice it then you have a lifetime of fun to look forward to. Just keep posting. :thumbup:
I plan on it. Ill be for a while......

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
For those that believe Jerry does want to lose credit for any success we have, hiring Meyer could be mutually beneficial

Meyer is known for moving around. He has had health problems, and coaching in a place long term is unlikely. Where a Dallas job would be attractive to him is that he is getting a team with a playoff caliber roster. There is not a rebuild situation. This is a situation where the FO is looking for someone to maximize the roster.

On flip side, the Jones are still able to take credit for assembling the roster. If Meyer is able to come here and win, it would be mostly with players that he inherited.

The primary concern with Urban Meyer is assistant coaches. Active college Head Coaches will have multiple staff go with them to the NFL; however, I don't know who would go with him now since he retired in Jan. 2019 from being the HC.

Parcells was limited by not having "his guys" as assistants. He had to get ex players and make them into coaches and depend on 4-3 DC Zimmer to run his 3-4.

817Gill

Reaction score
Unless an attractive college job opens up for Petersen elsewhere, bringing him here actually makes sense. Offense isn't our problem, and he'd inherit Moore and his scheme.

As long as Petersen can make in-game adjustments better than Garrett and bring in a competent defensive coordinator, I say why not?
This

Hypotenoose

Reaction score
The new yes man waiting in the wings???

Washington head coach Chris Petersen stepping down, coached Cowboys OC Kellen Moore at Boise State
Rumor mill for the Cowboys coaching job is hitting overdrive.

WOCj1Zd7
It might just be Petersen, if Urban is not the man. Just the same, Kellen’s putting out a serious perv vibe in this pic. Carry on.

Crad|e

Reaction score
Am I the only one wanting Tony Romo to be our next coach?