You Are The Coach. You Trust Your QB. What's Your Call?

What is your pre-play instruction based upon possible press coverage?

  • "Automatically throw the ball away"

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    68
  • This poll will close: .
I’m calling a quick slant to Pickens. Telling Dak fire that ball right into his belly.
On one hand he is supposedly a top 6 to 10 quarterback they say, on the other hand he should follow what the play caller calls, and not change the play, as if he was not a top 10 quarterback. The arguments people are giving, all the double talk, sure doesn't paint a consistent picture.

But I'm with you, even if he is not a top 10 quarterback, he should decide. But on one hand people were saying Dak was being micromanage, but on the other hand why would a top 10 quarterback let himself get micro managed. People are changing their positions, from post to post; what's going on here? Are they arguing in good faith, the same people that accuse others of agendas?
 
I know you probably disagree, but Dak doesn't have the reputation of being a Big Game or Playoff quarterback because he is not good under pressure. It is your opinion it was humidity; it is my opinion that the pressure was up, because it was a 9/11 game in new york, and he wasn't ready for the big game atmosphere he got. I didn't mention humidity, because my quick search didn't show it and I thought Feels like is good enough since humidity tends to increase feels like, but since the feels like was lower than the actual temperature, I guess the humidity help cool down the the players? To me its yet another excuse, but you are free to your own opinion. My opinion is he cracked under pressure; your's is it was hot and humid and yet he didn't switch to a helmet without a shield to help himself.

How am I giving an excuse for a player sweating after working out and playing in warm weather? Thats a fact that ALL mammals sweat when exertion happens especially in warm weather.... then for the simple fact that you said maybe humidity helps cool the players down? Are you serious?

I made a case that its stupid to point out an athlete sweating, when all athletes sweat. Thats just crazy.

No where did I say Dak was elite in big games or elite in the playoffs. Thats a level he definitely has to push himself to.

To conclude, Dak was sweating in the Commanders game. So what was he pressured about then while the Cowboys were in the lead? If he's so pressured during games, why does he have some of the best production league wide when pressured by blitzes? That doesn't make sense.

I'll leave you with this. It doesn't take elite quarterbacks to help teams win playoff games. It takes elite play from teams to win playoff games. There are elite quarterbacks who've never been to or won a Superbowl.... and every quarterback who was part of a team winning a Superbowl weren't always elite.

Yes it would be great if Dak reaches that elite status in the playoffs. That would definitely increase our chances to win it all, but it definitely doesn't guarantee a playoff victory.
 
So this is a weird question.

What does trust means in this context? Trusting judgment? Trust his mechanics? Trust his leadership? Trust his o-line management skills? Trust his instincts?

Dak lacks some off them, so the coach should complement his lack of skills with guidance.

He is a 11 year old veteran, pro browler and mvp candidate, he should have level of trust, but the coach is there for a reason.

You may say “I trust your judgment”, but lets try this, what you think?

Is a teams sport…
 

Forum statistics

Threads
476,065
Messages
14,660,630
Members
24,226
Latest member
Dorsett99Yards
Back
Top