You Are The Coach. You Trust Your QB. What's Your Call?

What is your pre-play instruction based upon possible press coverage?

  • "Automatically throw the ball away"

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    50
  • This poll will close: .
There are many ways to be a leader. Going against your coach, the real leader, isn’t usually a good idea. But I wish he had.
Since Parcells, how exactly have any of the Puppets been leaders? I don't see them preparing the team for the playoffs, while other coaches do. I don't see the culture here getting better.
 
The Dangers of Jason Garrett 2.0 happening was just to great for any of us to want him to take over here though. :D
See that, that’s my point,
The perception, before they even get a chance, you’re already expected to be negative, because Jerry did the hiring
 
Back to some serious, football conversation
I think the coach has the mentality, I don’t think he has the Moxie,
A little indecisive, maybe, I don’t know what he’s afraid of, all right so what you lose your job . Or you could just become a hero
Life is about taking chances, it’s too short, go for it. That’s my opinion.
 
And?
Regardless of whether he pushed off or not Dak should have thrown that ball to him.
If they throw a flag then they throw a flag and we kick the FG.
Just throwing it away there was a wasted play. You play to win, not tie.
Isn’t there a 10 second run off of the play clock for the penalty or does that only apply to the defense?
 
People keep bringing up Jason Garrett but this is a completely different situation. He’s worse ladies and gents. The clapper sucked but there’s a difference between sucking at your job and REALLY sucking at your job. The team didn’t turn on Jason this quickly
 
And the thing is, Dak probably has made that throw tons of times. Why not this time, I have no clue, but that is a Dak thing I guess.
You don't throw the back shoulder against the press unless the receiver gets a good release and is able to create separation. GP created separation but it was not immediate so rather than wait for some free runner to come sack him Dak threw the ball away. It happens dozens of times every weekend in the NFL. The other thing to note is that the DB never turned his back which is the first indicator that a back shoulder throw would work. And again, this is all taking place in the blink of an eye with a right tackle who has been getting beaten like a drum.
 
People keep bringing up Jason Garrett but this is a completely different situation. He’s worse ladies and gents. The clapper sucked but there’s a difference between sucking at your job and REALLY sucking at your job. The team didn’t turn on Jason this quickly
That wasn’t a conversation, but thank you for joining
We were talking about Kellen Moore, why people didn’t have confidence in him, it’s because we already had a Jason Garrett
 
You don't throw the back shoulder against the press unless the receiver gets a good release and is able to create separation. GP created separation but it was not immediate so rather than wait for some free runner to come sack him Dak threw the ball away. It happens dozens of times every weekend in the NFL. The other thing to note is that the DB never turned his back which is the first indicator that a back should throw would work. And again, this is all taking place in the blink of an eye with a right tackle who has been getting beaten like a drum.
All right, we didn’t expect anybody to come in here and make sense of this whole thing, thank you,
 
Isn’t there a 10 second run off of the play clock for the penalty or does that only apply to the defense?
That’s a great question, and I’m surprised. I don’t know the answer to that, but I would think a penalty, is a penalty or offense or defense, and there should be a 10 second runoff.
 
Situational football that created the situation the Ravens needed to win the game? A former player having said we should've went for it. Not enough time run off the clock.

Yeah saying this isn't madden is the go to blanket statement, where you can drop the mike on the floor and walk away. But coaches being too conservative is a thing. Dak having been called too conservative is a thing too, quite the opposite problem Romo had of being too much of a gambler.

I've ranked Dak about top 12. This is probably the wrong organization for him to ever be successful. Heck, the team we lost against, would've been a better fit for him.

Aikman had to take over duties from Barry that he didn't want to. Barry was never a play caller. You put Aikman in that exact same situation, he would of lasered it in to Pickens, because that is what leaders do.

Leaders listen to their coaches. There's a reason why Cowboys players and former players and coaches consider Dak a very good leader. Maybe you think they are lying about that just like you think Schotty is lying, correct?

Yeah.

Im glad we have intelligent people on the Dallas Cowboy calling and running plays. The defensive lapse on the last play was unfortunate, but we'll be straight.
 
My daughter has been in Disney for seven days, and I’m waiting to pick her up at the airport, I’m tired of feeding her cats
So maybe Coach wanted to make sure they made it to the airport, in time, and he would’ve had a stay another night, if it went into overtime
lol
 
Pushing off isn’t hand fighting.
Technically, you're right. But saying it's a foregone conclusion that this was the call and somehow Prescott throwing the ball away wasn't an epic choke...

Take a good look at the referee, he never even flinches to reach for a flag. I don't think he calls it...I think he lets it go as hand-fighting.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
476,063
Messages
14,660,422
Members
24,226
Latest member
Dorsett99Yards
Back
Top