You Are What You Are

eromeopolk

Reaction score
The Arlington Jonesboys are a 12-5 team that does not have a Franchise QB, and a franchise Head Coach. Forget your franchise Head Coach because you have Jerry Dumbo GM Jones as owner and GM and no franchise Head Coach would come to Dallas after Jones literally fired 2 Hall of Fame Franchise Head Coaches (Tom Landry and Jimmy Johnson and ran off 2 other Franchise Head Coach (Bill Parcells and heir Sean Payton).

So what can you do at QB. First let me explain my definition of a franchise QB. A franchise QB will take a team to the next level, keep them from going down to a lower level, or maintain a high level. John Elway, Troy Aikman, Dan Marino, Roger Staubach, Pat Mahomes, and yes, Jordan Love. What all those QBs have in common is arm talent, above average to superior QB athleticism, and their teams believe that they cannot lose if the QB has a chance to win.

This was the difference on the field Sunday (Love vs Prescott). Stupid Dan Quinn just like he did in the Super Bowl tried to blitz and a franchise QB. The only thing you can do with a franchise QB is rush 4 and cover 7. Belichick gave the blue print vs. Peyton Manning until Manning got a RB game and defense that stopped the run (see Tony Dungy). Jerry Dumbo GM Jones got rid of his RB (12 rushing TDs) and a no.1 WR (in the Pro Bowl again) in back to back years. He did this without having a Franchise QB. Some will say we have a no.1 WR. Nope you have a WR that McCarthy made look like a no.1 WR. He has done that his entire career starting in New Orleans with Joe Horn (google him). If you insist on having a Dumbo GM, You need a franchise QB. If KC did not have Mahomes, that team would not be in the playoffs. But Mahomes does his Elway intimation of running and passing making up for his lack of talent at receiver. I said making up for the lack. That is what franchise QBs does for their teams. The Jonesboys do not have a franchise QB. They have Dak Prescott, a solid winning QB that needs a running game, talented receivers, and a defense that can stop the run to rush the pass. Dan Quinn philosophy to rush the pass to stop the run is asinine. That is why you lose to Arizona, barely beat the Lions, and have only 1 win against a +.500 opponent this year. That is also why you have Dak Prescott throwing the ball +35 times and losing games (along without having a RB).

You are what you are. You are not what Jerry Jones market you to be or says that you are. You are what Jerry Dumbo GM Jones built you to be. He built a 12-5 team that wins in a weak division, has no running game, no real no.1 WR, does not have a defense that can stop the run, cannot beat +500 teams consistently, and gets eliminated by real competition having franchise QBs.

foofighters

Reaction score
The Arlington Jonesboys are a 12-5 team that does not have a Franchise QB, and a franchise Head Coach. Forget your franchise Head Coach because you have Jerry Dumbo GM Jones as owner and GM and no franchise Head Coach would come to Dallas after Jones literally fired 2 Hall of Fame Franchise Head Coaches (Tom Landry and Jimmy Johnson and ran off 2 other Franchise Head Coach (Bill Parcells and heir Sean Payton).

So what can you do at QB. First let me explain my definition of a franchise QB. A franchise QB will take a team to the next level, keep them from going down to a lower level, or maintain a high level. John Elway, Troy Aikman, Dan Marino, Roger Staubach, Pat Mahomes, and yes, Jordan Love. What all those QBs have in common is arm talent, above average to superior QB athleticism, and their teams believe that they cannot lose if the QB has a chance to win.

This was the difference on the field Sunday (Love vs Prescott). Stupid Dan Quinn just like he did in the Super Bowl tried to blitz and a franchise QB. The only thing you can do with a franchise QB is rush 4 and cover 7. Belichick gave the blue print vs. Peyton Manning until Manning got a RB game and defense that stopped the run (see Tony Dungy). Jerry Dumbo GM Jones got rid of his RB (12 rushing TDs) and a no.1 WR (in the Pro Bowl again) in back to back years. He did this without having a Franchise QB. Some will say we have a no.1 WR. Nope you have a WR that McCarthy made look like a no.1 WR. He has done that his entire career starting in New Orleans with Joe Horn (google him). If you insist on having a Dumbo GM, You need a franchise QB. If KC did not have Mahomes, that team would not be in the playoffs. But Mahomes does his Elway intimation of running and passing making up for his lack of talent at receiver. I said making up for the lack. That is what franchise QBs does for their teams. The Jonesboys do not have a franchise QB. They have Dak Prescott, a solid winning QB that needs a running game, talented receivers, and a defense that can stop the run to rush the pass. Dan Quinn philosophy to rush the pass to stop the run is asinine. That is why you lose to Arizona, barely beat the Lions, and have only 1 win against a +.500 opponent this year. That is also why you have Dak Prescott throwing the ball +35 times and losing games (along without having a RB).

You are what you are. You are not what Jerry Jones market you to be or says that you are. You are what Jerry Dumbo GM Jones built you to be. He built a 12-5 team that wins in a weak division, has no running game, no real no.1 WR, does not have a defense that can stop the run, cannot beat +500 teams consistently, and gets eliminated by real competition having franchise QBs.
Feel better? We got a lot people writing stuff like this and I get it. Do what you gotta do to get over this so we can repeat it next year...

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
The Dallas Cowboys are the first team in the history of the NFL to have at least 7 pro bowl selections and lose to a team in the playoffs that had… zero.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Feel better? We got a lot people writing stuff like this and I get it. Do what you gotta do to get over this so we can repeat it next year...
Repeat it next year?...Nope.

Proverbs 26:11-12.

Repeating that only gets worse.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
The Dallas Cowboys are the first team in the history of the NFL to have at least 7 pro bowl selections and lose to a team in the playoffs that had… zero.
You are right in that point. How many Pro Bowlers did the 1992 Dallas Cowboys defense have?

It is about coaching, defense, running game, and QB talent.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak is 2-5 as a playoff stater with 3 losses at home. That's how bad he is as a QB.
How the heck is this old fool of a GM that we have is going to put on a str8 face and re-sell the Lemon called Prestrash .........lots of laughs incoming.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
giphy.gif

rags747

Reaction score

Elway went his whole career almost and won Nothing! Marino on this board would be called a Dog because he never ever won anything either! Let’s call him Marino Stat Bandito!

Surfguy

Reaction score
We weren't what our record says we are. 12 win teams don't play like that.

Creeper

Reaction score

I was buying your story until I got to the part where you lumped Jordan Love in with the elite QBs in NFL history. That's when jumped off the wagon. Jordan Love had a great game statistically but let's not forget his team just made it into the playoffs. I would also argue that Love could have had a really bad day if the Cowboys DBs did not let receivers roam free 25 yards down field for big plays. Some of those passes, Love was under pressure and threw off his back foot. If there was any Cowboys defenders within 5 yards, those wounded ducks probably would have been intercepted. Any QB can look elite if you don't cover his receivers. Those plays are gifts. This was the most embarrassing aspect of the game for Dallas, IMO. They left Green Bay get a big play like that on almost every drive. The Packers would start a drive inside their own 20 and in 1 play, a broken coverage and they are at the 50 or in Dallas territory.

Love also had an effective running game which made his play action fakes work. Dak fakes a handoff and other teams don't even bother looking at the RB. BTW, some of Dak's fakes are not very convincing. Little details like that do matter.

I agree, elite QBs raise the level of the players around them. So do elite coaches. Tom Brady did it every year, not every game, but over the course of the year Brady drove his team to wins. So did Aikman. Mahomes is the same way. The guy just makes plays any way he has to. For him failure is not an option, and that is what makes him an elite QB.

But what all elite QBs have is football intelligence. Joe Montana did not have the physical skills of some elite QBs. But he had football intelligence. Brady had football intelligence. Marino did too. So did Aikman, although Aikman was also a hyper competitive SOB on the field. All these guys have losing. Seeing Aikman, Brady, and even Mahomes popping off on the sidelines you knew they were not happy the way things were going and wanted it to change.

Dak is not elite, never will be. Love is not elite - yet. Maybe someday, but no now. Remember people were calling Hurts elite last year. Dak lacks the football intelligence of an elite QB, and honestly, while I think he is more competitive than Romo, he is nowhere near as competitive as Aikman. I think with the right team around him, Dak can be successful. But he needs leaders around him. Purdy for example doesn't look like he is in command of his team, but he has other leaders on that offense that spark the team, like Kittle and Deebo, and of course McCaffery who leads by example..

In retrospect, I think we were fooling ourselves if we thought Dallas could get to a Super Bowl unable to run the football or stop the run. The defense has been unreliable for 2 months. Thinking it would suddenly morph back into the Doomsday defense was our mistake.