You can only choose one FA, Who would it be?

Amarillofan82

Reaction score
Who would you choose if the Cowboys had the chance/option to get one FA from the remaining top left in the offseason?

We will include likely releases also as a option.

D. Hopkins
Dalvin Cook (if released)
Dalton Riser
Teddy Bridgewater (threw him in for those Dak haters)
Ezekiel Elliot
Kyle Van Noy
Robbie Gould

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Riser. Could really use a solid, versatile o-lineman.
Lots of people are down on Edoga. But I think many are in for a surprise. If you peep his tape against Dlaw, you can see why they like him.

T-RO

Reaction score
Lots of people are down on Edoga. But I think many are in for a surprise. If you peep his tape against Dlaw, you can see why they like him.
I trust the league's evaluation of the guy. He's started only 13 games in his career, once in the past two years.

He's only suited up to play 7 times over past two years.

He was a free agent and could only land $1.1 million contract.

Based on playing time and salary...the League's coaches and GM's see Edoga as a backup you hope doesn't need to play.

It'll be a bad news if Edoga starts 4 games or more.

Kwyn

Reaction score
Who would you choose if the Cowboys had the chance/option to get one FA from the remaining top left in the offseason?

We will include likely releases also as a option.

D. Hopkins
Dalvin Cook (if released)
Dalton Riser
Teddy Bridgewater (threw him in for those Dak haters)
Ezekiel Elliot
Kyle Van Noy
Robbie Gould
Cook.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
There's been speculation of late that the Cowboys probably wouldn't have to wait for Cook to be released if they were willing to spend 4th and 7th round draft picks for 2024 to attain him. I'd give some serious thought to doing so to avoid another team stealing him ahead of us. It might prove worthwhile.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
There's been speculation of late that the Cowboys probably wouldn't have to wait for Cook to be released if they were willing to spend 4th and 7th round draft picks for 2024 to attain him. I'd give some serious thought to doing so to avoid another team stealing him ahead of us. It might prove worthwhile.
His contract is the problem.

Jarntt

Reaction score
Riser. Could really use a solid, versatile o-lineman.
I agree. I don't think Risner is all that great, but he gives us a floor of NFL average when Tyron gets hurt and that would be a huge benefit after watching injuries derail our OL the last couple of years. He is better than McGovern and would solidify our OL room. A one year deal allows us to sort out all the young kids to see who should stick as a backup or possibly even be a future starter. We won't sign him, but I suspect we will wish we had at some point during the season.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I don't think anyone is taking on that contract though.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Could Zeke be less $$$ than Cook if released?
No way you take that contract from Cook via a trade, and if released you know he will want $$$.

Van Noy seems interesting, not sure what he has left though.

Hopkins on a cheaper deal though can help, but also needs to be a lesser deal than he wants, as well a lesser role. What does Gould have left?

Need OL in Riser, but is he any better than what we may have now?

Pass on Teddy as back up QB or as a starter (for the anti Dak group), he is injury prone.

Van Noy is who I go with. If the RB group is not impressive in TC. Then bring back Zeke, or Cook if available depending $$$$$ on each one.

Hardline

Reaction score
I would rather take this approach for Derrick Henry.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I would rather take this approach for Derrick Henry.
Much depends on what the team execs want for their guy in a trade. Their price can be reduced if they see he's not bringing what they ask. I don't think Dallas wants to spend any more on him than they have to. It's likely a better deal that they prefer. Derrick Henry might well cost even more.

Last edited:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

You can only choose one FA, Who would it be?​

heXMeDD.gif

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
I think Dalton Risner would provide some needed depth on the interior of the line. Another RB or WR would make it hard for guys like Deuce and Gallup to make an impact, so I don’t see us doing that.