You convinced me that Robinson is not dropping

Cowboyny

Reaction score
It's unlikely, but still an outside chance that Robinson falls. Why? Not a valued position any more and there are a ton of good backs in this class. Question is, how much of a gap is it from Robinson to the 2nd or 3rd tier RB in this class?

Landryhat73

Reaction score
It’s more likely that he won’t but it wouldn’t be a surprise if he did. I feel better about Robinson dropping to 26 then I did about Lamb dropping to 17.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Someone will take Robinson ahead of us…I’m more concerned we draft Gibbs at 26. Low value position and a complimentary back in the 1st is a double whiff.

There are so many good RBs in this draft…just wait til the 3rd or 4th and maximize the value. So many good backs will still be available.

NotForLong

Reaction score
I am no longer unwavering on Bijan Robinson because he's not falling to us and that is a brutal reality.
Zack Charbonnet or the Pitt RB is very acceptable providing we get a top OL player or Kincaid or Mayer.
I have been a huge fan of Israel and would love to draft Him late but I want Chase Brown. He will be the steal of the Draft

NotForLong

Reaction score
Someone will take Robinson ahead of us…I’m more concerned we draft Gibbs at 26. Low value position and a complimentary back in the 1st is a double whiff.

There are so many good RBs in this draft…just wait til the 3rd or 4th and maximize the value. So many good backs will still be available.
I can see the Chargers drafting Gibbs

Aven8

Reaction score
Yeah I don’t see any way he drops. Plug and play offense for anyone that selects him

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's unlikely, but still an outside chance that Robinson falls. Why? Not a valued position any more and there are a ton of good backs in this class. Question is, how much of a gap is it from Robinson to the 2nd or 3rd tier RB in this class?
That’s my thinking. I think there’s a considerable gap between Robinson and the rest of the running back group. And that’s not a slight on them, but a compliment to Robinson. But I’m sure opinions vary.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
That’s my thinking. I think there’s a considerable gap between Robinson and the rest of the running back group. And that’s not a slight on them, but a compliment to Robinson. But I’m sure opinions vary.
No doubt he is one of the top players in the entire draft, but if you can get a back that can be productive, why spend a 1st rd pick to do so? Also, teams might not want a low value position with that coveted 5 yr rookie deal when they are so cheap on the market. Teams who want to be so called run 1st will be interested, but the others will address it later on.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No doubt he is one of the top players in the entire draft, but if you can get a back that can be productive, why spend a 1st rd pick to do so? Also, teams might not want a low value position with that coveted 5 yr rookie deal when they are so cheap on the market. Teams who want to be so called run 1st will be interested, but the others will address it later on.
I wouldn’t make the same mistake we did and use a Top 5 draft pick on a running back.

But I don’t have a problem using a mid to late pick one one.

In fact, the draft is the biggest resource I would invest in the position. History shows that teams that pay big money to running backs always regret it.

Heck, we’re just getting out of our last big mistake but sone fans still want to give Pollard a franchise tag or even worse a long term deal.

I would draft for the position as much as possible.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I wouldn’t make the same mistake we did and use a Top 5 draft pick on a running back.

But I don’t have a problem using a mid to late pick one one.

In fact, the draft is the biggest resource I would invest in the position. History shows that teams that pay big money to running backs always regret it.

Heck, we’re just getting out of our last big mistake but sone fans still want to give Pollard a franchise tag or even worse a long term deal.

I would draft for the position as much as possible.
No problem taking Robinson at 26 at all, as he is one of the best players in the entire draft. Agree, the days are over drafting a top 5 back. Adding Robinson would make Pollard depart in 2024, with a very low salary for 4 seasons at the position.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No problem taking Robinson at 26 at all, as he is one of the best players in the entire draft. Agree, the days are over drafting a top 5 back. Adding Robinson would make Pollard depart in 2024, with a very low salary for 4 seasons at the position.
Bingo!

And then in another 4-5 years, you draft the next one. It’s arguably the easiest position to replace in football.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am no longer unwavering on Bijan Robinson because he's not falling to us and that is a brutal reality.
Zack Charbonnet or the Pitt RB is very acceptable providing we get a top OL player or Kincaid or Mayer.
Bijan and Mayer are the safest picks in this draft.

Drafting a RB in the 1st might not be the best long-term strategy, but Bijan will have an instant impact as a rookie.

Many teams have GMs and/or Head Coaches that might not have a job if they don't show something in 2023.
- i.e. Long term value is not their top focus.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes, teams sometimes overthink the pick.

A successful pick at any position is better than a failed pick at a premium position.

Could have picked RB Dalvin Cook in in 2017 instead of Taco...

locked&loaded

Reaction score
it may come down to team makeup and fit, but i would say theres a good chance bijan isnt the best back to come out this year.

its kind of like sports betting. Do you take the #1 seed or the field? im taking the field.

anyways, its no secret my favorite rb in this draft is abanikanda. never thought he would make it out of 2nd round and now it's almost guaranteed. that being said, id take him at 58 in a.heart.beat.

InPhiltraitor

Reaction score
I have been a huge fan of Israel and would love to draft Him late but I want Chase Brown. He will be the steal of the Draft

Look at that! Finally someone who did more than look at overinflated stats. Nice job - I like it.

Brown's an ankle-breaker and has been overlooked during this entire process. You know what's heading your way, don't you? "We need a bigger back to compliment Pollard".

Do you think Brown makes it to the 5th?

Aven8

Reaction score
I’ve been all about Gibbs as well this offseason. I think that kid has the chance to be OROY as well. He’s a back that could catch 80 balls and have 1,800 total yards like it’s nothing