Reaction score
1) You run for a ton of yards and
2) you have great defense
3) you got the ball first in OT.

so you should in this situation:

1) kick the fg based on having a great kicker
2) accept gb could kick a fg and likely not score a td based on your defense
3) win on the next possession with td or fg since you got the ball first in OT

It’s like the coaches don’t know the rules of football or what the team is good at.

Irv88

Reaction score
Jerry is gonna call Mike out tomorrow on the radio show. It was a terrible call.

plymkr

Reaction score
Jerry is gonna call Mike out tomorrow on the radio show. It was a terrible call.
Lol, yeah Jerry is going to let him have it cuz Jerry is all about accountability.

Wezsh0T

Reaction score

It’s like the coaches don’t know the rules of football or what the team is good at.
To be fair, our "great defense" wasn't stopping anyone at that point in time. Big Mike was proven right about this as we couldn't stop them after not converting the 4th down. GB would have scored a TD if they needed to. They marched down the field with impunity.

Also factoring into the thinking was that the winds on the field were not favorable for kicking long field goals. Even if we had made the FG, we were probably not stopping GB from scoring a TD based on how our defense was playing at the time. We needed the TD to win the game. I don't have a problem with going for it on 4th.

I do agree with a previous poster. We should have ran the ball on 3rd down to set up a manageable 4th down. Even then, we 90% made the first down on 3rd down but CeeDee was interfered with. My biggest frustration with the game is that, in the end, even with all the debatable decisions, the outcome of the game was heavily skewed by the referees and not gameplay. Players make mistakes and players make plays, but when you can't control or predict when the referees will make or not make the correct call.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
\My biggest frustration with the game is that, in the end, even with all the debatable decisions, the outcome of the game was heavily skewed by the referees and not gameplay. Players make mistakes and players make plays, but when you can't control or predict when the referees will make or not make the correct call.

This.

Somebody else had a thread about not being excited about the Cowboys' games anymore.

Bad rules and bad refs are increasingly turning the NFL into the No Fun League. It's hard to care when the outcomes of the games are frequently determined by the Refs more than the players.

starfan1

Reaction score

#2 does NOT apply here.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
I have no problem with McCarthy going for it on fourth down in overtime, he knew his defense couldn't stop the run.....

My problem is if you knew you were going for it on fourth down anyway, why are you throwing the ball on third and fourth down....RUN the damn ball, it was three yards, get the first down first!

lukemartin79

Reaction score
To be fair, our "great defense" wasn't stopping anyone at that point in time. Big Mike was proven right about this as we couldn't stop them after not converting the 4th down. GB would have scored a TD if they needed to. They marched down the field with impunity.

Also factoring into the thinking was that the winds on the field were not favorable for kicking long field goals. Even if we had made the FG, we were probably not stopping GB from scoring a TD based on how our defense was playing at the time. We needed the TD to win the game. I don't have a problem with going for it on 4th.

I do agree with a previous poster. We should have ran the ball on 3rd down to set up a manageable 4th down. Even then, we 90% made the first down on 3rd down but CeeDee was interfered with. My biggest frustration with the game is that, in the end, even with all the debatable decisions, the outcome of the game was heavily skewed by the referees and not gameplay. Players make mistakes and players make plays, but when you can't control or predict when the referees will make or not make the correct call.
Crosby had missed a FG earlier from almost exactly what the FG try would have been in OT. Going for it in those circumstances wasn't a bad call. The problems are with Moore and the 3rd and 4th down play calls.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score

Maybe they should have attempted the FG but the Cowboys do NOT have a great defense. It was not even good yesterday.

Deionindahood

Reaction score
It's time for another coaching change. It always boosts the fans spirits for a short while and helps sell merchandise.

John813

Reaction score
I don't mind the 4th down aggressiveness. IIRC didn't Dak get hit on a 4 man rush?

It just seems like our playcalling is very generic. Like Moore is using the Madden playbook for this team lol.
We ran that motion TE run play 5+ times it seems.