Video: You don't know what you have until it's gone

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Welcome to the IGNORE list, hater.
AmbitiousSpitefulKingsnake-size_restricted.gif

Not love Dak nooooooooo......

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Why do folks keep confusing W-L for a QB stat? It's not a QB stat, it's a team stat. Improve the rest of the team and the wins will come.

Okay let’s throw out win loss, tell me what Dak Prescott has done to warrant a 40 million a year contract? Go ahead, rookie year he was carried largely due to a good offensive line and run game. Ended up losing the GB game which I recall he had a turnover. The following year was a flop because his offensive line fell apart but Mr. Clutch Qb was too slow in reading defenses that he got creamed. 2018, team makes playoffs, beat the Seahawks and lose against the Rams. So in 4 years as QB - Dak Prescott has had 2 winning seasons (which we have claimed was a team stat so really it's the team that has had the winning seasons) provided so upgrade at the position and has required this team to burn a #1 pick to get a stud WR in Amari Cooper, required that we pick another number 1 this year in Lamb - he's needed this because Dak Prescott as a QB isn't the QB who makes the players around him better, he's the bus driver who needs the supporting cast to carry him. Sorry but 40 million dollar bus driver isn't going to get it done.

Ultimately teams win games and that is the objective here, not who throws a pretty pass, and not who shows up on ESPN highlights, can you win. If that is the only thing that matters then no paying Dak Prescott that contract isn’t going to be good for the Cowboys when the goal is to win games.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Okay let’s throw out win loss, tell me what Dak Prescott has done to warrant a 40 million a year contract? Go ahead, rookie year he was carried largely due to a good offensive line and run game. Ended up losing the GB game which I recall he had a turnover. The following year was a flop because his offensive line fell apart but Mr. Clutch Qb was too slow in reading defenses that he got creamed. 2018, team makes playoffs, beat the Seahawks and lose against the Rams. So in 4 years as QB - Dak Prescott has had 2 winning seasons (which we have claimed was a team stat so really it's the team that has had the winning seasons) provided so upgrade at the position and has required this team to burn a #1 pick to get a stud WR in Amari Cooper, required that we pick another number 1 this year in Lamb - he's needed this because Dak Prescott as a QB isn't the QB who makes the players around him better, he's the bus driver who needs the supporting cast to carry him. Sorry but 40 million dollar bus driver isn't going to get it done.

Ultimately teams win games and that is the objective here, not who throws a pretty pass, and not who shows up on ESPN highlights, can you win. If that is the only thing that matters then no paying Dak Prescott that contract isn’t going to be good for the Cowboys when the goal is to win games.
In his first three seasons, he was the winningest QB in the conference and had one of the highest QB ratings among active QBs. Obviously, last season was a setback as terrible as the defense was.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In his first three seasons, he was the winningest QB in the conference and had one of the highest QB ratings among active QBs. Obviously, last season was a setback as terrible as the defense was.

11th ranked defense last year!
LOL....Stop posting inaccurate worlds....

P.S. Where was the offense against the Saints and Pats?

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score

But I thought wins and losses were a team stat. Now you are saying what we should have ignored should count as long as it paints Dak Prescott in a favorable light? Okay - if the claim that he was the winningest QB in his first three seasons is valid then it is also valid to say that under Dak Prescott over the last 20 games the team has a losing record against any opponent with a winning record.

bigE79

Reaction score
But I thought wins and losses were a team stat. Now you are saying what we should have ignored should count as long as it paints Dak Prescott in a favorable light? Okay - if the claim that he was the winningest QB in his first three seasons is valid then it is also valid to say that under Dak Prescott over the last 20 games the team has a losing record against any opponent with a winning record.
Don't forget about how its been over a year since he won on the road.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score

this post hurt my feelings. :(

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
The team is losing because the team is bad. It has nothing to do with Dak. But they would have won more this season with Dak.

Right, even though Dak was part of said bad team that has produced this record. He was also a part of the team last year that went 8-8, but Dak is somehow operating in a vaccum, it's just the other people.