You don't sign the guy that's 2-5 in the playoffs to 60 mill a year

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Don't look at me, look at my brother. Old time expression picked up from my grandmother.
Justifying one's actions by pointing to someone else's actions.

Rome made the decision he felt best for him.
But he will never play for the Cowboys again, and whatever happened historically has no bearing on how to handle the present.
Basing a decision on what you did or didn't do at some time in the past, is emotionally based folly.
As much as I am a free market capitalist with a degree in Economics to back it up, I am going to be majorly p155ed if Dak goes for another break the bank contract that hamstrings the team in terms of keeping and acquiring better teammates. He has proven beyond reasonable doubt that he can't do it by himself.. which newsflash applies to every other QB who ever played the game. But the choice to grab for every stinkin dollar to the detriment of the team is his to make. Contrary to popular belief he didn't do it last time and I'm hoping he doesn't do it this time. Yes it will be a ridiculous dollar amount, but it can't be one of these 60 million a year guaranteed joints where he's eating up 20-25% of the cap. That makes no sense. Unless winning championships is less important to him than money-grubbing. Which would leave me sorely disappointed.

SquidwardTentacles

Reaction score
As much as I am a free market capitalist with a degree in Economics to back it up, I am going to be majorly p155ed if Dak goes for another break the bank contract that hamstrings the team in terms of keeping and acquiring better teammates. He has proven beyond reasonable doubt that he can't do it by himself.. which newsflash applies to every other QB who ever played the game. But the choice to grab for every stinkin dollar to the detriment of the team is his to make. Contrary to popular belief he didn't do it last time and I'm hoping he doesn't do it this time. Yes it will be a ridiculous dollar amount, but it can't be one of these 60 million a year guaranteed joints where he's eating up 20-25% of the cap. That makes no sense. Unless winning championships is less important to him than money-grubbing. Which would leave me sorely disappointed.
He's not championship caliber. Just can't hold his crap together under pressure and the magnifying glass.
Jones boys would be mistaken to waste a single extra penny and waste any more time facing the inevitable.
Cut losses now.
Kicking the can down the road will only delay and make it an even longer and harder process.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
He's not championship caliber. Just can't hold his crap together under pressure and the magnifying glass.
Jones boys would be mistaken to waste a single extra penny and waste any more time facing the inevitable.
Cut losses now.
Kicking the can down the road will only delay and make it an even longer and harder process.
I could run you down a list of 10-12 QBs not as good as Dak who have hoisted the trophy. At some point we need to stop making it all about the quarterback and start making it all about the team. But Dak needs to do his part and his part is not to jack up the team's cap for the next 5 years..

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
I could run you down a list of 10-12 QBs not as good as Dak who have hoisted the trophy. At some point we need to stop making it all about the quarterback and start making it all about the team. But Dak needs to do his part and his part is not to jack up the team's cap for the next 5 years..
But you can’t just assume that. It’s (obviously) not only physical with the QB (Dak can be accurate and make most throws). It’s also mental, psychological, emotional, etc., and Dak seems to suffer not only the inability to quickly read his progressions or certain types of defenses (zone), it becomes even more difficult for him in high pressure situations with greater competition.

ArtClink

Reaction score
Exactly!

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
Exactly, I don't get alot these posters. They have no objectivity at all when it comes to Dak. Dak absolutely did not play great against Green Bay. However, unless Dallas scored on every possession, they had no chance with how our defense played. But I saw posters even having the nerve to blame dak for not uplifting the defense. :lmao2:
What difference does it make what percentage of blame fans give Dak? Point is the dude can't beat good teams no matter who is around him. You can't pay 60 mil based on an argument that Dak gets "too much blame".

SquidwardTentacles

Reaction score
He can't settle himself in big games. He comes out tight, twitchy, slow to make decisions, tries to force big plays to redeem himself.
He just can't seem to exhale. I can't convince myself that he has what it takes.

If he stays, lots of money will be kicked down the road. It will only make things worse for us, for longer.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
I'd like to see you try, because by definition those other QBs are better than Dak because they have SB trophies while Dak can't even get a game away from the SB.

I know you are going to try to point out regular season stats, but that fails. Lots of QBs inferior to Aikman routinely put up better regular season stats, but none of them could play like he could in the playoffs.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I'd like to see you try, because by definition those other QBs are better than Dak because they have SB trophies while Dak can't even get a game away from the SB.

I know you are going to try to point out regular season stats, but that fails. Lots of QBs inferior to Aikman routinely put up better regular season stats, but none of them could play like he could in the playoffs.
Are you really going to sit here and try to posit the notion that every QB who has won a Super Bowl is "by definition" better than every QB who hasn't? I will allow you to retract this statement on your own..

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Are you really going to sit here and try to posit the notion that every QB who has won a Super Bowl is "by definition" better than every QB who hasn't? I will allow you to retract this statement on your own..

Since you brought up Aikman I went and looked at his last 4 playoff games..

His passer rating in those games were 67.9, 37.4, 37.0, and 70.7. He totaled 2 TDs and 8 INTs in those four games. While I agree Troy had a couple of wonderful playoff runs, after Emmitt and the o-line started getting old he started to look decidedly more mortal himself.

Meanwhile Dak's last 4 playoff games his ratings have been 69.3, 143.3, 63.6 and 89.8. He has totaled 9 TDs and 5 INTs in those games. In both cases the team record was 1-3 in those games.. By any objective measure, however, I think it is fair to conclude that as bad as we THINK Dak has played in these games, he has done more to help his team win them than Troy did for his team. The offense averaged less than 12 ppg in his last three starts, all double digit losses. But you obviously can't ignore Troy's first 5 trips to the playoffs where he was amazing. Those runs are what keeps him above Dak in the minds of just about everyone. But he did have a top 3 rushing attack and a top 3 defense for the good part of his run. When those two items went away, so did he. Maybe just a coincidence though.