You don't sign the guy that's 2-5 in the playoffs to 60 mill a year

ArtClink

Reaction score
I wanted Rome replaced, but not with some fourth rounder who was anointed the second coming right out of the shoot.
I would never waste another penny on him just to prevent the appearance of a double standard.
Making one mistake cannot be atoned for by making another.
Dak was rightfully the starter after we won so many games with him. Dak outplayed Rogers in that playoff game where our defense gave up 4th and 35 to the Pack. Romo never had a playoff game as good as Dak's first one.

SquidwardTentacles

Reaction score
Dak was rightfully the starter after we won so many games with him. Dak outplayed Rogers in that playoff game where our defense gave up 4th and 35 to the Pack. Romo never had a playoff game as good as Dak's first one.
The score between Dak and Romo is meaningless abstraction. It is of no value to me.
The scorse between Dallas and GB. or SF are concrete.

SquidwardTentacles

Reaction score
I dont see it that way and all and it's a common Romo defender response. Parcell's built a Super Bowl roster and then next year Wade Phillips had us 13-3 and we lost to the Giants. It's total BS that Romo never played with a Super Bowl roster, nonsense, and revisionist history. Again this is the exact double standard that is despicable.
What Romo did is history.
Has no bearing on the present.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I really don't want to get into any arguments here, but this is the way I see Dak and Romo.

The Cowboys wasted Romo's career and they are wasting Dak's. To me the team, from the front office to the coaches, has failed more than either QB ever has.

Mk2_Cowboys

Reaction score
Just like it was a waste of time to watch the Romo Cowboys. Same playoff result, the only difference is one QB is heralded and will soon enter the ROH while the other is a top ten QB and is despised by many Cowboy fans.. Hm, I wonder what it could be?
its been a waste of time since Jimmy’s team was disassembled. A lot,longer than Romo

ArtClink

Reaction score
its been a waste of time since Jimmy’s team was disassembled. A lot,longer than Romo
Indeed and I agree 100%. As long as a Jones owns this team, it doesn’t matter who plays QB, who the “head coach” is, or what coordinators we have. Same old results using the same old methods of the fuhrer screwing things up via hubris and micromanagement.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Not defending Dak, but this is not how the market works.

Lamar Jackson got 240 million, his playoff record is 1-3

Justin Herbert got 260 million, his playoff record is 0-1

These are just two examples, there are more. Like I said, I’m not defending Dak but the idea that teams don’t pay Qbs big contracts unless they are winning playoff games is just not true.
I’d rather stay out of the market and move on.

Focus on team building because you can’t build a good enough team with Dak.

Don’t overthink this.

Can you pay Dak and win a championship?

The answer is a easy no.

tomokawan

Reaction score
Double standard? The Cowboys are considered one of the best drafting teams in the league today, that wasn’t even close to the case through the Romo years. Countless draft picks were Just thrown in the toilet between the RW trade and the special teams draft on top of every other moronic decision. To pretend that one QB had the same benefits as the other is laughable at this point. People will talk about 2007 and 2014 but no mention of the absolute garbage job by the GM the 6 years in between that. Like any QB doesn’t need quality decisions from his front office at the height of his career. Dak has dealt with nothing remotely close to the stupidity level of the Romo era!
Really? Have you read these boards??

ArtClink

Reaction score
Romo is ancient history and irrelevant to today.
But look at my brother is a sad justification of anything.
Romo is relevant because he has a promising career and squandered it in Dallas where he knew how broken and dysfunctional the franchise was. I know he stayed because Jerry overpaid him for what he was worth.

"Look at my brother ..." - What?

khiladi

Reaction score
How good was that Packer’s defense?

khiladi

Reaction score
I dont see it that way and all and it's a common Romo defender response. Parcell's built a Super Bowl roster and then next year Wade Phillips had us 13-3 and we lost to the Giants. It's total BS that Romo never played with a Super Bowl roster, nonsense, and revisionist history. Again this is the exact double standard that is despicable.
Really.. explain the Lions and Saints debacles in 2006 when even Kitna basically said he targeted Bradie James in pass coverage and Sean Payton basically ran screens against that defense all day long.

It was so “SB ready” that NY Giants players had to fly down and support Parcells on the sideline, because they all thought the season was over. Unheard of at a Dallas game.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score

You don't sign the guy that's 2-5 in the playoffs to 60 mill a year​

No. That's a given. However, it's worth noting that football is a team sport, seldom does not winning the SB fall 100%, or even 80%, on the quarterback. It's also worth noting that P. Manning's playoff record is 14-13, and he was a first ballot HOFer. And NO, I'm not saying Dak is on Manning's level, that's also a given. Just saying the constant barrage of comments that say if Dallas would just get rid of Dak a SB is guaranteed at some point is not a certainty, and that winning SBs is hard. Just look at the teams that have never won even one, like the 0-4 Vikings and 0-4 Bills and so forth.

I've already said that if I was Jerry, I'd let Dak play out his contract and let him loose, but just curious, does anyone think he's worth signing for any price?

SquidwardTentacles

Reaction score
Romo is relevant because he has a promising career and squandered it in Dallas where he knew how broken and dysfunctional the franchise was. I know he stayed because Jerry overpaid him for what he was worth.

"Look at my brother ..." - What?
Don't look at me, look at my brother. Old time expression picked up from my grandmother.
Justifying one's actions by pointing to someone else's actions.

Rome made the decision he felt best for him.
But he will never play for the Cowboys again, and whatever happened historically has no bearing on how to handle the present.
Basing a decision on what you did or didn't do at some time in the past, is emotionally based folly.